• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Fox Sports SE will broadcast all 37 of the Hawks 1st half games with some minor tweaks....

REHawksFan

• Moderators

Scared me for a second that I thought Stinger was being replaced.   #1 and #2 of guys we can't lose from the broadcast team are Bob and Stinger.  

I need to go find the article but as has been noted Sinclair/FoxSE/Bally's is going to launch their own direct to consumer streaming but they are mostly concerned with the baseball season so spring would be the earliest they get that off the ground.  

3 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Will be interesting to hear the opponent announcers for away games instead of Bob and Nique.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that's what it means. I think it will be like the Braves games where Bob and Nique will be calling the game from State Farm Arena while watching the home team's feed. 

Edited by High5
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, High5 said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think that's what it means. I think it will be like the Braves games where Bob and Nique will be calling the game from State Farm Arena while watching the home team's feed. 

That is what I gathered from the article as well. It works but it definitely is a little weird at times. Baseball (to me) is easier to call from afar than the other sports. I've noticed some weird calls in football games with the broadcasters calling the game from home this season because they can't see all of the action. We will see how it looks for us, if that is indeed what they are doing. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, High5 said:

OMG. Nique is going to be awful. You think he half-asses it now. Just wait until he's calling a game from the live feed. Get ready for the worst broadcasting in sports history. "That's a bad shot." No Nique, a wide open three is not a bad shot just because it didn't go in. It's not 1986 hombre. 

Edited by bleachkit

Last season, I had cable TV and it had Fox Sports South.  Cable went belly up.  I now have Hulu and it doesn't have FSS.  

I had League Pass, Dream.  Found out, just before season's end, the reason it didn't work, I was too close to Atlanta, even here in Western North Carolina.  I fear the same things with the Hawks.  

Outlaw feed on the computer seems my only option.  Dang!

😪

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Last season, I had cable TV and it had Fox Sports South.  Cable went belly up.  I now have Hulu and it doesn't have FSS.  

I had League Pass, Dream.  Found out, just before season's end, the reason it didn't work, I was too close to Atlanta, even here in Western North Carolina.  I fear the same things with the Hawks.  

Outlaw feed on the computer seems my only option.  Dang!

😪

You can try AT&T tv.  you can get it on roku/firetv or computer.  It's $80/month but should replace Hulu.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Nique calling a game on his couch,  in his bathrobe,  with a bottle of Hennessey. What could go wrong? 

🤣

Only if that would happen, we would get the broadcaster Nique we all deserve. He would finally get a chance to participate in the "take a shot when Nique says heat check" game. 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

does it include FSSE?

Yeah supposedly.   I'm starting my free trial so i'll report back.   Their website is very confusing but looks like i can just add it on Roku.   You have to get the upgraded package to get FSSE so that's why it's more.   I was going to order it tomorrow but what's one day.  I'll go ahead and do it now and report back in a bit.

• Thanks 2

• Moderators

Ok I got At&t Now TV on Roku and it does have FSSE.   I think the Max package that you have to get for $80 also includes HBO max (not sure though).   

In comes with a dvr so i'm recording a bball game shortly to see how it does.   

As expected the interface is not very good and it's already error'd when i tried to record the Hawks game for tomorrow but it did let me set an 'all NBA games' recording so we'll see how it goes.  

Someone on here i know already had this so maybe they can give us some tips.

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member

I'm in the same boat with cutting cords...  I switched to YouTube TV and they dumped Sinclair broadcasting too.  I was aggravated with YouTube initially, but I've read reports that Sinclair is a trash company.  There's a handful of providers that have cut their RSN's and they've lost some money over it (losses in the billions last quarter, though mostly attributed to Covid).

So, I'll have to find some hax or use my mom's provider info...but I'm watching me some Hawks dammit! 😠

• Like 2

• Premium Member

BTW, if any of you have good hax to watch sports let me know.  I've been looking at League Pass with VPN, but apparently they've cracked down.  I don't know if it's just the signup page or if it extends to the actual streaming, but I can't pull up their subscription page when I connect to ANY VPN...and I've tried about dozen of them.

I'm able to access the login page though, but I don't want to drop any dimes on it until I know for sure.   I'd appreciate any info from Squawkers who plan to use it this year with VPN.

• Thanks 3

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Wretch said:

BTW, if any of you have good hax to watch sports let me know.  I've been looking at League Pass with VPN, but apparently they've cracked down.  I don't know if it's just the signup page or if it extends to the actual streaming, but I can't pull up their subscription page when I connect to ANY VPN...and I've tried about dozen of them.

I'm able to access the login page though, but I don't want to drop any dimes on it until I know for sure.   I'd appreciate any info from Squawkers who plan to use it this year with VPN.

That's good info to have because that was my backup.   Damn.  What a friggin joke this all is.   Most of us are willing to shell out money to watch the Hawks and there are roadblocks everywhere.

• Like 3

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

That's good info to have because that was my backup.   Damn.  What a friggin joke this all is.   Most of us are willing to shell out money to watch the Hawks and there are roadblocks everywhere.

The NBA has to come up with a better solution for this.  If they don't come to grips with their viewer base being highly fragmented (i.e., exclusivity for markets just is going to exclude a ton of viewers as opposed to driving them back to cable as their current contracts contemplate) and they need a solution to get their product into as many households as possible.  Otherwise, this is really going to shrink their viewer base long-term.  

• Like 3

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, AHF said:

The NBA has to come up with a better solution for this.  If they don't come to grips with their viewer base being highly fragmented (i.e., exclusivity for markets just is going to exclude a ton of viewers as opposed to driving them back to cable as their current contracts contemplate) and they need a solution to get their product into as many households as possible.  Otherwise, this is really going to shrink their viewer base long-term.  

Yeah.  You would think the Hawks and NBA would be pressuring or negotiating with Sinclair to at least create a temporary solution until the time their own streaming channel is up.  Having games that no one can attend in person, while many fans are out of work or underemployed, only available on the 2 most expensive tv options is not a good situation.  

• Like 4

• Moderators

Ok.  Looks like i'll be dropping YoutubeTV and getting AT&T Now.   It seems to work ok.   It has a 15 second skip ahead on the recorded shows which i think is the same as ytv.  takes my monthly from $65 to $80 but pretty much has all the same stuff plus HBO.   Cheaper and more foolproof than keeping youtubetv and doing leaguepass/vpn.  

• Thanks 2