• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Clint Capela Top 3 East Center?

sillent

Just looking at the land scape of the Eastern Conference I see Clint having a real chance to dominate. He's already very Dominant against players like Rudy Gobert and Karl Anthony Towns which are considered as some of the top centers of the west along with Jokic. 

In the East we have Embiid, one of either Miles Turner or Sabionis (whoever plays center) and Bam Adebayo being the biggest threats. Vucevic of the Magics and Brook Lopez would be stretching it (literally lol). I think if Clint can dominate bigger centers like Rudy Gobert and KAT he should be able to take on Bam and Sabonis pretty easily as well as give Embiid a run for his money defensively.

Vucevic may or may not be a match up problem because Clint has no problem guarding outside the paint. That should make a slower Lopez easy as well and Clint plays more defense than Drummond. 

What do you guys think though?

I know it's early but I think Clint can make an even bigger name for himself with the Hawks!!

• Like 3

• Moderators

After Embiid, he has the potential to be in the conversation with the rest of them.  He has more upside looking forward than some of these guys (like Turner and Vucevic) and not as much as some others (Sabonis and Bam) but it is within the range of outcomes for him to be anywhere in there.  He only jumps Embiid if Embiid isn't healthy.

• Like 3

I think he is top 3 with Embiid and Bam. He is the best defensive center on the east and can score very efficiently. After them we can find Vucevic and Turner. Which is Capela's problem? Free throw and because of that crunch time but hey that is why you have Gallo. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, AHF said:

After Embiid, he has the potential to be in the conversation with the rest of them.  He has more upside looking forward than some of these guys (like Turner and Vucevic) and not as much as some others (Sabonis and Bam) but it is within the range of outcomes for him to be anywhere in there.  He only jumps Embiid if Embiid isn't healthy.

Well I guess Capella is the top center in the East because Embiid is never healthy. I'm not too proud to take a default win. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Well I guess Capella is the top center in the East because Embiid is never healthy. I'm not too proud to take a default win. :laugh:

Capela played 39 games last season. 

Embiid played 51.  Embiid playing 3/4 of the year is better than any other center in the East.  It is a big gap.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, AHF said:

Capela played 39 games last season. 

Embiid played 51.  Embiid playing 3/4 of the year is better than any other center in the East.  It is a big gap.

I agree there's a big gap between the two as far as talent is concerned. Availability is the issue with Embiid. He requires too much load management during the season. I'm hoping Capela's injury last season was a fluke. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

I like Capela, but he's only a solid player. He may be a top 3-5 C on the East, but that says more about the rest of the East (and the C position in general) than anything about Capela

He can be a little better than solid but we are in trouble if he is one of our very best players.  I’m just hoping for healthy with strong defense.  Anything more is gravy.

• Like 3

Vucevic has been a thorn in our side a for years. I'm interested in seeing how we match up now with Clint.

Other than that yes, Embiid is the top big, Bam is the hot name with a very versatile and modern game.

After that it's dicey with a mix of "names" and skillset guys.

Clint is in the 3-5 range, bit Embiid and Bam are 1 & 2 for sure

Im curious if Capela's defensive impact is so great that it makes up for the gap on the offensive end when compared with some of the very skilled offensive type Centers in the East.

• Like 3

Wendell carter has him beat

3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Vucevic has been a thorn in our side a for years. I'm interested in seeing how we match up now with Clint.

Other than that yes, Embiid is the top big, Bam is the hot name with a very versatile and modern game.

After that it's dicey with a mix of "names" and skillset guys.

Clint is in the 3-5 range, bit Embiid and Bam are 1 & 2 for sure

Im curious if Capela's defensive impact is so great that it makes up for the gap on the offensive end when compared with some of the very skilled offensive type Centers in the East.

One this is for sure clients jaw bone is the most symmetrical 

• Haha 1

I expect Bruno to be so much better this season.  Why do I mention this?  Because he will have one of the top centers in the east playing in front of him.  When you learn from the best, you will be better yourself.

Bruno came to the Hawks as a green rookie.  His mother was ill.  Had to be a major distraction.  Then, she passed away.  Bruno went overseas for the funeral and to be with family.  All this delayed his learning to play as a center in the NBA.

Hawks are 2 deep at every position this season.  Capela, thought to be a candidate for an all star spot in the west, was injured and traded to the Hawks.  He has had time to completely heal.  We hope that he will be injury free this upcoming season.  The best part of his game is defense and scoring inside.  This was what the Atlanta Hawks was missing last season.

Bruno has so many things going for him this season.  Capela, if healthy, will be one of the best centers in the east and, I gotta believe, Atlanta's back up center will grow and grow behind him....

:hi:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

And, I keep forgetting our new draft pick center, PF.  Since he has a bad toe and is missing the early pre season work, wonder when he will be all healed up and ready.  Any one know anything?

Seems that Capels will be great and will have plenty of good back up!

:sun:

• Premium Member
Just now, Gray Mule said:

And, I keep forgetting our new draft pick center, PF.  Since he has a bad toe and is missing the early pre season work, wonder when he will be all healed up and ready.  Any one know anything?

Seems that Capels will be great and will have plenty of good back up!

:sun:

The Hawks will give an injury update tomorrow on Gwu, Dunn and Snell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

The blocks of-late are Mutombo-like.

The points and rebounds are Moses Malone-like.

Next 10 games don't really feature a lot of Pistons or TWolves kind-of teams... can't really expect the Moses Mutombo thing to continue, but dang, it's a sweet thought, right? 🙂

• Like 3

He is playing like prime DH12 the last few games. With the addition of him not being fed the ball on the offensive end

I will take abother copy of Ben Wallace. I will not complain