• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks v. Grizzlies

NBASupes

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He was ass this preseason. The worst player on the squad to get serious minutes 

I’m not sure what’s up with him but I’m not really worried either. He’s definitely rusty right now 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JTB said:

I’m not sure what’s up with him but I’m not really worried either. He’s definitely rusty right now 

It's not rust. Like JC, he's used to everything revolving around him. It was always a bad thing to do. He has to execute an offense. I've been saying, he's a shit floor general. He has to improve on this to be the superstar he wants to be. Thankfully, we got Rondo who's one of the greatest floor generals to ever play this game and Rondo has build up a number of guys as floor general, mainly LeBron James who wasn't much of a floor general either for most of his career. The difference is, Trae has to become a great floor general if he wants to win, LeBron doesn't. He does now that he's old but when he was in his prime, hell naw. 

Trae going to go through growing pains now that he can't go YOLO like he did the last two seasons. That said, we need him to be more calculated. Like I said, these two teams have the defensive personnel to give Trae a lot of issues. We saw it last year as well. Most teams don't have the defensive personnel to give Trae issues. 

To become a winning team. These two will have the toughest transition. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

His size is always gonna be an issue.If he isnt hitting shots or scoring, hes pretty much a liability..Just the way it is..I mean how can you max a player that small, even as good as he is offensively when he's on? He's just too flawed man. PG's are getting bigger taller and faster....He makes Ja and Cole Anthony look like giants out there..lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hes getting killed on Social media of course....I hope he gets it together..And quick...

Edited by terrell

5 minutes ago, High5 said:

I don't know how y'all read social media ever, but especially after a bad game. It's a complete cesspool. 

I dont care one way or the other..I dont know any Hawks players personally..lol

Edited by terrell

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Grizzlies will be a contender. I like Allen, he plays hard.

So does Jared Dudley, Marcus Smart, Pat Beverly, Kendrick Perkins etc. etc. are you seeing a trend? 

Yea, sure.  The Grizz have as much of a chance emerging as a top 4 seed in 4-6 years as anyone but I’m averse to role players behaving in a manner not suited to their stature. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Pretty soon, it'll be "Schlenk didn't want to miss out on a really good 2021 class. One more dip in the lottery and we'll be set." 

That makes no sense: TS, Coach and players have ALL talked about winning this season...if it doesn't happen, then it went terribly wrong on ALL fronts: the newly signed FAs didn't pan out, the young core didn't improve and take the next step and the coaching sucked. Enough blame to go around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That makes no sense: TS, Coach and players have ALL talked about winning this season...if it doesn't happen, then it went terribly wrong on ALL fronts: the newly signed FAs didn't pan out, the young core didn't improve and take the next step and the coaching sucked. Enough blame to go around.

I agree. I hope we hold their feet to the fire. I know it takes time to gel, but we really can't afford a bad start to the year.

Patience is key considering what we all knew back in March, and then when the bubble came:

The long time off would be extremely detrimental to young franchises like ours. 

That's not an excuse, it's something we all agreed to be true.

That being said, the best chemistry still involves all of the young guys who have been together the longest.

So we have 2 obstacles against us. A bunch of talented vet FA's who have to  find their chemistry with each other and our guys. And a bunch of youth that plays well together but are still shaking off youthful habits and mistakes.

Add to that, we still don't have key defensive additions like Dunn and OO, or a career 40% 3pt shooter in Snell who will also need to be worked in. 

We are at the beginning stages of building this thing on the court. We see glimpses. We see talent. Its just not cohesive yet. Got to let that thing marinate and slow cook.

• Like 2