Official Game Thread: Mavericks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I wish we had Quinn Snyder. What a job he is doing. They are playing tremendous team ball. 

Quinn had a lot of rough moments over the years. He worked hard but he has made his mistakes. I've been on record that I don't mind see LP gone but this Dallas game didn't leave as much of a bad taste in my mouth as that Charlotte lost in Atlanta did. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I wish we had Quinn Snyder. What a job he is doing. They are playing tremendous team ball. 

Not Quinn Snyder, but Kenny Atkinson is still extremely well liked and talked about in the halls State Farm and Emory. IF we move on, that's most likely the top candidate. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Haliburton would hate playing here. Trae generally dominates all of the good touches. Yes, he would have helped us last night but there is a reason why all of our guards have to adjust to Trae. While Bogi been massive for our bench, he has a negative WAR playing with Trae. 

Hali doesnt need the ball..

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't know if I've ever seen a player like Cam Reddish before to make a comparison to anyone else. He's not an unicorn but he's unique. Both him and Ant-Man are unique and that are the first of their kind. 

You can say that again....lol

33 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Ideally, prime Klay, current Hunter, and  prime Draymond would be perfect around Trae on both ends. 

Kevin isn't an ideal fit either. 

Can we move Hunter to 2 guard? Sometimes I wish he was a 2/3 instead of a 3/4..lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Quinn had a lot of rough moments over the years. He worked hard but he has made his mistakes. I've been on record that I don't mind see LP gone but this Dallas game didn't leave as much of a bad taste in my mouth as that Charlotte lost in Atlanta did. 

Charlotte loss was bad..Knicks/Cavs loss too..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

Not Quinn Snyder, but Kenny Atkinson is still extremely well liked and talked about in the halls State Farm and Emory. IF we move on, that's most likely the top candidate. 

He's no different than CLP other than the fact that there were almost double-digit vacancies this offseason, he got a jump on the market by getting fired early, yet didn't get a sniff anywhere other than the hearts and minds of Hawks fans still pining for the good ol' days that, when you think about it, weren't so good.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm sorry man, I don't want Nate as our head coach :laugh1:

Nate McMillan only had 5 losing records in 16 seasons as a coach. He is a clear upgrade over LP....Id rather have someone else. lol

Edited by terrell

56 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae made the right reads more times than not. The issue was the right reads weren't making the right plays more times than not. 

This is what I saw as well.  The issue wasn't getting the ball out of Trae's hands (he did that fine for the most part).  The issue I had was what happens next.  There didn't seem to be any intentionality with the next move. Once it's out of Trae's hands, what does Kevin or Cam do with it?  I'm not sure any of them knew what they were supposed to do with it.  Trae even said after the game they were "making it up as they go."  That's no offensive strategy.  

Also, in regards to my other post about the defense, I didn't think the defense was doing that great of a job on Luka. He got whatever he wanted. Yes, Cam made him less efficient, and made his shots harder, but all they had to do was force the switch and then Luka was back one on one with a poor defender.  He still managed to score pretty easily overall.  My contention is they should have made an effort schematically to get the ball out of Luka's hands and had they done that, even with not adjusting offensively, the Hawks would have had a bigger cushion late in the game.    

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, terrell said:

'Imagine Shlenk making all these moves

Just to trade a veteran backup like Dedmon to get a solid backup wing like Snell just to watch LP play Solomon Hill for the 5th most minutes on the team. Ha. After snell went 3 for 3.

Solomon Hill must have saved one of LP’s family member’s life in Vietnam"

🤣

Solo also had the best +/- for either team.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, terrell said:

'Imagine Shlenk making all these moves

Just to trade a veteran backup like Dedmon to get a solid backup wing like Snell just to watch LP play Solomon Hill for the 5th most minutes on the team. Ha. After snell went 3 for 3.

Solomon Hill must have saved one of LP’s family member’s life in Vietnam"

🤣

Solo looks like he served in 'Nam, no lie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

This is what I saw as well.  The issue wasn't getting the ball out of Trae's hands (he did that fine for the most part).  The issue I had was what happens next.  There didn't seem to be any intentionality with the next move. Once it's out of Trae's hands, what does Kevin or Cam do with it?  I'm not sure any of them knew what they were supposed to do with it.  Trae even said after the game they were "making it up as they go."  That's no offensive strategy.  

Also, in regards to my other post about the defense, I didn't think the defense was doing that great of a job on Luka. He got whatever he wanted. Yes, Cam made him less efficient, and made his shots harder, but all they had to do was force the switch and then Luka was back one on one with a poor defender.  He still managed to score pretty easily overall.  My contention is they should have made an effort schematically to get the ball out of Luka's hands and had they done that, even with not adjusting offensively, the Hawks would have had a bigger cushion late in the game.    

Facts

6 minutes ago, High5 said:

Solo also had the best +/- for either team.

Solo is much better than I expected him to be. 

• Like 1