• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lloyd Pierce has been Dismissed

Bonkers

• Premium Member

The thing that bothers me the most is the narrative being created to explain his firing which Lloyd Pierce was a competent young African American coach that unfairly dismissed because of his activism.  Steven A was pushing this BS and so were other You-tubers.  The truth is that he was not this amazing teacher, developer of talent or coach that people make him out to be.  If he was then Cam would be better, Bruno would be better and so would Huerter.  Trae would not be suffering from the same issue as he did during his 1st season...turnovers and poor decisions. And certainly this guy could not get the team to play cohesively especially on defense or finish freaking games.  The truth is instead of building upon the things stressed by Pierce, the team needs to forget about everything he stressed while playing the way a real coach want you to play like Nate McMillan.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

The thing that bothers me the most is the narrative being created to explain his firing which Lloyd Pierce was a competent young African American coach that unfairly dismissed because of his activism.  Steven A was pushing this BS and so were other You-tubers.  The truth is that he was not this amazing teacher, developer of talent or coach that people make him out to be.  If he was then Cam would be better, Bruno would be better and so would Huerter.  Trae would not be suffering from the same issue as he did during his 1st season...turnovers and poor decisions. And certainly this guy could not get the team to play cohesively especially on defense or finish freaking games.  The truth is instead of building upon the things stressed by Pierce, the team needs to forget about everything he stressed while playing the way a real coach want you to play like Nate McMillan.

I hadn't seen the YouTubers, the clip of Stephen A had a lot of replies going against the race narrative.

Fortunately I dont think it has any legs.  Our organization as a whole is completely bought in to social justice initiatives from ownership down. LP did a lot of work, but he did it with the FULL support of the Atlanta Hawks organization. His voice alone didnt make State Farm a voting precinct. He needed upper powers to agree and push it too. 

Stephen A has been pretty consistent in bringing up lack of minority front office representation in the NFL and NBA. He has done a lot of reaching lately just to make sure it stays on peoples minds. This was just another example, albeit a weak one.

• Thanks 1

On 3/6/2021 at 9:30 PM, RedDawg#8 said:

I hadn't seen the YouTubers, the clip of Stephen A had a lot of replies going against the race narrative.

Fortunately I dont think it has any legs.  Our organization as a whole is completely bought in to social justice initiatives from ownership down. LP did a lot of work, but he did it with the FULL support of the Atlanta Hawks organization. His voice alone didnt make State Farm a voting precinct. He needed upper powers to agree and push it too. 

Stephen A has been pretty consistent in bringing up lack of minority front office representation in the NFL and NBA. He has done a lot of reaching lately just to make sure it stays on peoples minds. This was just another example, albeit a weak one.

I think when they hired Nate, him being Black was important because they knew if they had to fire CLP at some point, replacing him with a White coach would have unleashed a torrent of condemnation and criticism. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I think when they hired Nate, him being Black was important because they knew if they had to fire CLP at some point, replacing him with a White coach would have unleashed a torrent of condemnation and criticism. 

I agree that is why it was done but it's just sad imo.  The NBA has just about lost me.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

I agree that is why it was done but it's just sad imo.  The NBA has just about lost me.  

There seems to be a lot of questionable chatter now that wasn't going on prior to the firing. Several outlets including Brad Rowland are questioning Nate McMillan abilities as a coach.  I find this funny because Brad Rowland almost never questioned Lloyd's abilities even thought he disagreed with in game decisions. Several videos/sites are now questioning Travis's job stability and even suggested that he fire LP to save his own job after praising him for the job he did this past summer. And finally the hate for Trae has become unbearable! They talk about Trae like his defense is now worse. They also attribute the Hawks below average defense this year to him for the most part and that he will never be a #1 on a championship contender for that reason.  Mean while Luka is destined for greatness and countless rings. God I can't wait to shut these guys up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

There seems to be a lot of questionable chatter now that wasn't going on prior to the firing. Several outlets including Brad Rowland are questioning Nate McMillan abilities as a coach.  I find this funny because Brad Rowland almost never questioned Lloyd's abilities even thought he disagreed with in game decisions. Several videos/sites are now questioning Travis's job stability and even suggested that he fire LP to save his own job after praising him for the job he did this past summer. And finally the hate for Trae has become unbearable! They talk about Trae like his defense is now worse. They also attribute the Hawks below average defense this year to him for the most part and that he will never be a #1 on a championship contender for that reason.  Mean while Luka is destined for greatness and countless rings. God I can't wait to shut these guys up.

All we got to do is win. Just win baby!

• Like 3

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I was questioning the reason they hired a black assistant coach because of atlanta.  You never hire anyone based on skin color.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I was questioning the reason they hired a black assistant coach because of atlanta.  You never hire anyone based on skin color.  

These are the coaches when Pierce was hired in 2018:

Hawks Coaching Staff
  • Head Coach. Lloyd Pierce.
  • Melvin Hunt.
  • Chris Jent.
  • Marlon Garnett.
  • Matt Hill.
  • Special Assistant to the Head Coach. Nate Babcock.

On 3/6/2021 at 9:30 PM, RedDawg#8 said:

I am to the point now that I think Stephen A is a borderline racist. I don't have issues with his promoting affirmative action. I don't have a problem with him questioning FO staff. I do have a problem with every time a minority head coach is fired, passed over, or hired he leans in  with a racist slant. He said this firing raised his antenna. That is a joke, The mans racist antenna is up 24/7 and points fingers every chance he gets.

Mike Woodson has no business being considered a top head coaching candidate. I would probably rank him somewhere between 10 to 20. I think Stephen A is a moron. But that is just me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Stephen A i

Never took him seriously. There are Sekou Smith’s (rip 🪦) and there are Stephen A Smith’s. I feel like his racist antenna is always up as well. Woodson, Pierce, Mike Brown, shouldn’t be head coaches. On the other hand, Doc Rivers, Monty Williams, Ty Lue and our own Nate McMillan should be head coaches. Some got it and some don’t. 

He’s really clamoring for Woody? 🤦🏾‍♂️ Every time that fool comes on I mute the tv 📺

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Never took him seriously. There are Sekou Smith’s (rip 🪦) and there are Stephen A Smith’s.

The day ESPN let David Aldridge go and brought in Stephen A. Smith to replace him as their lead NBA "analyst" was the day they decided to move away from conversation and analysis and run towards click-baiting BS with SAS, Skip Bayless, First Take, etc.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I am to the point now that I think Stephen A is a borderline racist. I don't have issues with his promoting affirmative action. I don't have a problem with him questioning FO staff. I do have a problem with every time a minority head coach is fired, passed over, or hired he leans in  with a racist slant. He said this firing raised his antenna. That is a joke, The mans racist antenna is up 24/7 and points fingers every chance he gets.

Mike Woodson has no business being considered a top head coaching candidate. I would probably rank him somewhere between 10 to 20. I think Stephen A is a moron. But that is just me.

Some of his race takes are even worse. Like his "why hasn't Jerry paid Dak? Jerry would have paid Dak if he was White!"

Really Stephen A? Just maybe Dak's representation was asking for a lot of money. He did end up giving Dak 120 million guaranteed, more than Dak is worth quite frankly. So is Jerry still a racist who is refusing to pay his Black quarterback? Of course, when the Cowboys inevitably go 7-9, it'll be "stupid Jerry overpaid Dak." GTFOH 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AHF said:

The day ESPN let David Aldridge go and brought in Stephen A. Smith to replace him as their lead NBA "analyst" was the day they decided to move away from conversation and analysis and run towards click-baiting BS with SAS, Skip Bayless, First Take, etc.

They have to bestow numerous honorifics on Stephen A to justify his enormous salary. Meanwhile serious basketball writers like Zach Lowe and Kevin Pelton have been relegated to the dungeon of pay walled articles buried deep in the Website.

10 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I wouldn't call Stephen A. anything other than someone who is an attention whore.  Why do you think we're talking about him now?  Anything he says and does is to grab attention and to create an argument and push ratings.  It's a business thing.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

I wouldn't call Stephen A. anything other than someone who is an attention whore.  Why do you think we're talking about him now?  Anything he says and does is to grab attention and to create an argument and push ratings.  It's a business thing.

He says he’s from the Bronx, I think he’s from the upper crust hood.😯 #faketoughguy 

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

If by attention grabbing you mean completely unfounded, unfair and out of context accusations of racism. Even hot take artists shouldn't be able to yell fire in a crowded theatre. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUhawksfan said:

This is my point on Stephen A. If Woodson was a white man, Stephen A would not consider him  a top 5 candidate for the Hawks. But because Woodson is a minority, I quote " my brother ", he should be.

I have not watched ESPN on a regular basis for years now. They are like the NY Post of sports channels. Garbage in, garbage out.

• Sad 1