• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lloyd Pierce has been Dismissed

Bonkers

Just now, REHawksFan said:

Except it wasn't written just by Kirschner.  It was a collaboration between him, Sam Amick, David Aldridge, and Shams Charnaria.  I've never been a huge fan of Chris's but the other guys are solid.  I have a hard time thinking any of them would contribute to a hit piece.  Their involvement in the piece is actually why I give it more credence than most other commentaries.  

But why you gotta interrupt my hit-piece tho? 🤠

• Haha 2

Just now, gHost83 said:

The reports were correct obviously. LP is gone and was a mistake in the first place.

Not sure why folks are so excited that we had a player mutiny against a guy who allegedly wanted to hold them to a high standard.

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

To make your bones in the media you gotta know which way the winds are blowing.

Truth.  And exactly why journalism, as a profession, is ded.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Not sure why folks are so excited that we had a player mutiny against a guy who allegedly wanted to hold them to a high standard.

Truth.  And exactly why journalism, as a profession, is ded.

And how did LPs approach help the team? 🤔

• Like 1

Doesn’t really matter what standard a coach wants to hold the players to when he alienates them, bad mouths the star’s play style to other coaches, refuses to run any type of real offense, and makes nonsensical adjustments all the while looking clueless and detached on the sidelines... I don’t hate dude but he’s Schlenk’s biggest mistake so far.

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The mistake wasn't the hiring of Lloyd Pierce per se.  The mistake was their method of rebuilding.  Everything we are seeing this year is a function of what they wanted Pierce to do in his first two years.  

In fairness a huge part of what we are seeing this year has to do with missed games from Bogi, Cam, Hunter, Dunn, Rondo, and Gallo and I'm pretty sure Pierce didn't do anything over his first two years that made that string of injuries any more likely.  (Or that made Gallo drop off a cliff or Rondo go from significant value add in the playoffs to net negative this season.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

How did Pierce continue to sell his players out,
create havoc in the locker room,(in-house and publicly)( in cahoots with other NBA coaches)Steve Nash ,Rick Carlisle and others)without 
any consequences and accountability from Ressler and Schlenk ? Pierce’s actions are duplicitous.
It’s ridiculous and reeks of incompetence from the Hawk’s front office.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

It was pretty apparent Pierce wasn't head coaching material.  Schlenk made a mistake hiring him.  I'm glad he finally pulled the trigger. When Nate was hired, Pierce's days were numbered. Travis should have fired him in the off-season like he had planned.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Trae's quotes tonight about the situation are so generic, it leads readily to the conclusion that he perceives he had some part in the firing.

Is it just me who gets that impression?

Consider what he could have said, but didn't.

There is a palpable avoidance of saying anything about LP, when in fact, another option would be to approach the question in the way that, for instance, Huerter or BogBog did.

6 hours ago, Dynamo said:

How did Pierce continue to sell his players out,
create havoc in the locker room,(in-house and publicly)( in cahoots with other NBA coaches)Steve Nash ,Rick Carlisle and others)without 
any consequences and accountability from Ressler and Schlenk ? Pierce’s actions are duplicitous.
It’s ridiculous and reeks of incompetence from the Hawk’s front office.

Yea, Pierce was a sleeper agent, sent to destroy us from within. Just stop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sturt said:

Trae's quotes tonight about the situation are so generic, it leads readily to the conclusion that he perceives he had some part in the firing.

Is it just me who gets that impression?

I hear you but that’s not how I see it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, hawkzlova123 said:

We all need to do a meet up and watch a game (not for entertainment but critically) 

Whos down

I’ve been talking about that for years.  It never materializes, we’re pretty spread out but there are more than enough of us to act a fool in a decent Atlanta sports bar.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Q45T said:

Doesn’t really matter what standard a coach wants to hold the players to when he alienates them, bad mouths the star’s play style to other coaches, refuses to run any type of real offense, and makes nonsensical adjustments all the while looking clueless and detached on the sidelines... I don’t hate dude but he’s Schlenk’s biggest mistake so far.

Ridiculous, one side criticisms that  border on ad hominems. 

Some of things I'm reading on here are absolutely absurd. Accusations of intentionally undermining his players, conspiring with other coaches, purposely dividing the locker room, etc. Just shut up, utterly moronic. We didnt win enough this year, mostly because of injuries, before Hunter went down we were starting to click. Without him, our offense and defense fell off considerably. Not totally absolving Lloyd, it did feel when we called scissors or paper, the other team would call rock or scissors. He wasnt winning the in game chess matches, but he wasnt playing with a full house either. We had lost 11 of our last 15 and our season was slipping away, players were frustrated, so a change needed to be made. But enough of the ridiculous, way over the top attacks. 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We didnt win enough this year, mostly because of injuries, before Hunter went down we were starting to click.

So how does Nate win 3 out of 4 during the same time frame with the same injury problems?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Some of things I'm reading on here are absolutely absurd. Accusations of intentionally undermining his players, conspiring with other coaches, purposely dividing the locker room, etc. Just shut up, utterly moronic. We didnt win enough this year, mostly because of injuries, before Hunter went down we were starting to click. Without him, our offense and defense fell off considerably. Not totally absolving Lloyd, it did feel when we called scissors or paper, the other team would call rock or scissors. He wasnt winning the in game chess matches, but he wasnt playing with a full house either. We had lost 11 of our last 15 and our season was slipping away, players were frustrated, so a change needed to be made. But enough of the ridiculous, way over the top attacks. 

Pains me to say but this may be the post of the year.

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So how does Nate win 3 out of 4 during the same time frame with the same injury problems?

Hawks 2-1 vs BKN

Heurter > Durant? 😎

• Haha 3