• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lloyd Pierce has been Dismissed

Bonkers

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Nate M. might improve things like rotations, use of timeouts, designed plays and such. But as far corrected flaws of our young players, that's a tall order. 

I blame the coaching for the offensive & defensive schemes (or lack thereof), the rotations,  in-game adjustments, timeout management, putting the team in the position to win etc...

Players need to put in the work during the summer to make themselves better which is what Dre did last summer

LP made the players lives tougher becuz of his awful rotations and the lack of an offense or defense which left players confused. Benching players at the wrong time etc...

Edited by Bonkers
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Exactly.  Cute how the guy says the players are flawed and need coaching but calls the guy trying to coach the flaws out of them "trash".  Yikes

I don’t think you’re reading this right. Trae needs coaching but that doesn’t necessarily mean he needs a style change . He needs understanding on when to launch those deep ass 3s....understanding on when to take over and when not to.

I believe you’re taking it as if Trae needs to completely change his game and that’s not the case . He just need to understand when to do what based on timing of the game aka coaching ....that’s my perspective. I don’t care who coaches Trae, curry, dame they all will always shoot deep 3s. 

• Like 3

A little stat heading on why LP is gone.

In the month of February we lost 6 games by 10 points or less.  3 makes, 2 stops (1 of any of the 5 being a 3) in each game and the hawks are 20-14 not 14-20. 

20-14 is good for 4th in the East.

Now here is my question for any on the board.  Was LP responsible for 5 plays that didn't go our way in each of those 6 losses.  Substitutions, timeouts, motivation, play calling, player enablement, use of challenges.  Could LP have swung 5 plays a game in the last month?  I think you know the answer.

• Like 3

I am not calling for Nate McMilland to be fired BUT I am extremely interested in Alvin Gentry bringing his high level knowledge of offense to this team. He would work wonders with all this offensive talent on this team.

Just now, JTB said:

I don’t think you’re reading this right. Trae needs coaching but that doesn’t necessarily mean he needs a style change . He needs understanding on when to launch those deep ass 3s....understanding on when to take over and when not to.

I believe you’re taking it as if Trae needs to completely change his game and that’s not the case . He just need to understand when to do what based on timing of the game aka coaching ....that’s my perspective. I don’t care who coaches Trae, curry, dame they all will always shoot deep 3s. 

We're on the same page re. Trae.

I just wanted to call out the guy calling Pierce "trash" as if he has any d*mn clue at all.  This same guy will be calling for a coach change a year from now too, mark my words.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

A little stat heading on why LP is gone.

In the month of February we lost 6 games by 10 points or less.  3 makes, 2 stops (1 of any of the 5 being a 3) in each game and the hawks are 20-14 not 14-20. 

20-14 is good for 4th in the East.

Now here is my question for any on the board.  Was LP responsible for 5 plays that didn't go our way in each of those 6 losses.  Substitutions, timeouts, motivation, play calling, player enablement, use of challenges.  Could LP have swung 5 plays a game in the last month?  I think you know the answer.

Yes. This is a .500 team at worst 

1 minute ago, JTB said:

I am not calling for Nate McMilland to be fired BUT I am extremely interested in Alvin Gentry bringing his high level knowledge of offense to this team. He would work wonders with all this offensive talent on this team.

He isn't good at coaching. Nate is very good at coaching 

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

True. Cam has to understand, when you shooting how he shooting, many coaches just bench you and nothing more. 

As for Trae, Nate proved he needs coaching in game.

Cam's career is hanging in the balance, he may not realize it but it is. He has the chance to become a two way star and make 200,000,000 dollars, or he could find himself out of the league in a few years. You don't want to put too much pressure on him, but a coach also has to keep it real. Youth and potential only buys you so much time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JTB said:

As an assistant?  Eh, I guess.

As a HC?  JT, have you been day drinkin, brotha?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Cam's career is hanging in the balance, he may not realize it but it is. He has the chance to become a two way star and make 200,000,000 dollars, or he could find himself out of the league in a few years. You don't want to put too much pressure on him, but a coach also has to keep it real. Youth and potential only buys you so much time.

Cam has to put in major work this summer. He just has to

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He is highly volatile but his volatility is rotational role player to two way star player. I don't think he is at the balance. He will be soon tho starting next season.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Jumped off the page.....

This season was much of the same, as players felt like Pierce didn’t take any blame for the team blowing 11 games this season where they held a fourth-quarter lead. When some of the players approached Pierce a few weeks ago with the request to have more off-ball movement and free flowing in the offense in late-game situations instead of stagnation, they, once again, felt unheard.

Haven't we all been screaming for this all year??? If this is true, LP has been keeping them for getting into more dynamic offensive sets to end the game.     

The quote that stood out to me was his take on Trae's shots. Wowzers!

• Like 1

Damn, I really ain’t know all that was goin on... seems like he shoulda never been hired in the first place. His style of “coaching” and his philosophy don’t fit the players we have and never did. That comment about not liking Trae’s play style makes sense seeing as how he came from a team where one of the star players refuses to take any jump shots whatsoever... 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

Jumped off the page.....

This season was much of the same, as players felt like Pierce didn’t take any blame for the team blowing 11 games this season where they held a fourth-quarter lead. When some of the players approached Pierce a few weeks ago with the request to have more off-ball movement and free flowing in the offense in late-game situations instead of stagnation, they, once again, felt unheard.

Haven't we all been screaming for this all year??? If this is true, LP has been keeping them for getting into more dynamic offensive sets to end the game.     

There will be less pressure on Nate. Once a coach is fired mid season, no one is expecting much. My hope is he experiments with things, tries to be creative, but also focuses on what players do well. All I ask is no sacred cows, play guys based on what is working, not how much money they are making, or the numbers on the back of the baseball card, as they say. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Jumped off the page.....

giphy.gif

Isn't this what JC called for after the Cavs and Knicks game in the film session.....and IIRC he was thoroughly bashed on here by some about him being selfish wanting more touches and only caring for his next contract.   Then Trae went all funky.....so did Lloyd cater to Trae having the ball and ignore the ball movement request? 

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Jumped off the page.....

I can’t imagine a coach ever being against off ball movement, especially without a physically outstanding 3-level scorer you have to clear space for.  He sure payed lip service to Trae being more active off ball when asked prior to the season.  Yeah this dude was/ is off his rocker.

• Like 2