Lloyd Pierce has been Dismissed

Bonkers

15 minutes ago, Carmine said:

Wow, they really pulled the trigger. Respect to L.P for his commitment to the city, both on & off the court. Just not his time yet...

Very well said.

14 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Think about it....John talked about in previous years how not a single play was run for him...He complained this season about the offense and plays were still not run for him but rather thru guys like Gallo.  They were losing.  He finally get his chance last game and low and behold, John can dribble.  And that's just one player.

You're going through some serious gymnastics to try to support your opinion.  Players going to management to get a coach fired is the height of dysfunction and there's no way to spin it as a positive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Very well said.

You're going through some serious gymnastics to try to support your opinion.  Players going to management to get a coach fired is the height of dysfunction and there's no way to spin it as a positive.

Magic Johnson got someone fired once and that kinda worked out

50 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Not the right question.  Ask what he's got to do with the coaching fraternity who may seek his advice as a mentor. 

Is it possible he knew he was gone

and Hawks were just allowing him to get past the child-birth not to add stress to his family?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Carlisle 

Just read what he said

Tell Rick Carlisle that you can be a very good person and not a very good basketball coach.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

We know how Trae, Gallo and Clint felt about it!

giphy.gif

When Oscar can’t resist the urge to flame any longer lol.  

After watching the re-introduction on TBS every damn day I felt so stupid that I didn’t catch on when the show first aired. I think it’s the last hurrah for outstanding TV made for Generation Xers for Generation Xers 😥

5 minutes ago, terrell said:

You miked what you saw from LP as a HC?

Not really, but I don't think our struggles this season primarily rest on him. This won't be a good team until we get healthy again. Maybe I'm wrong though and we see immediate improvement.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Q45T said:

Haven’t been on this site in a long time and honestly this is the first season I’ve actually had time to watch in awhile. I wanted LP to grow with our young players but when I watched him coach (this season specifically) I didn’t even know what I was looking at... dude was completely inept. What was our identity? What plays did he draw up? How did he play to our players strengths? No clue. Now he wasn’t solely to blame due to a lot of the injuries and some questionable signings but he failed to adjust at all. Every single team in the league has been dealing with injuries and COVID and their coaches made the proper adjustments. Glad he’s gone because the constant crunch time meltdowns were had me foaming at the mouth. Carlisle’s issue with him being fired is irrelevant as hell. Pierce is a great person and has done a lot of amazing work for the community down there but he was bad at his job, which is why he got fired from his job. I don’t give a damn if the timing looked bad, he sucked. If he can’t get on as an assistant somewhere else he should seriously consider getting into politics. He could a lot of great things.

Lastly, Schlenk should be on the hot seat next...

Before Schlenk, it should be the medical staff. They are way too conservative with these players. Bogi is practically auditioning to play and they wont let him. Dre being out 10 weeks for what he had is ridiculous. Don't get me started on Dunn and Rondo. Why would the medical staff allow these players to be signed if they weren't healthy? Clint was ready to play a week after we traded for him. They made him suffer watching the team when he could help. I was ok with this two years ago and last year because it allowed our young guys to develop while staying in contention for high draft picks but we are not in that mode any more. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, nathan2331 said:

Not really, but I don't think our struggles this season primarily rest on him. This won't be a good team until we get healthy again. Maybe I'm wrong though and we see immediate improvement.

Think about it Nate...We have one of the best fronts courts in the league...Rare for a Hawks team.  You have a star player in Trae young.  You have pretty good role players in Snell and Huerter if used correctly.  I like Skyler Maze.  We should beat bad teams easily but LP screws up everything.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Let's see how Trae feels when Nate benches him for piss poor effort on defense. Nate does not suffer fools gladly.

Some of my favorite moments from the Bud days were Teague being benched for Dennis or Mack in wins.  It happened like 2 or 3 times.

McMillan values defense for sure and has played against Mugsy and Mookie enough to make Trae look at non-stop video of them defending their position despite (and sometimes because of) their size.  His effort out front as a 35 minute player will get any coach killed.  Trae surely doesn’t have their toughness makeup but Nate has to motivate him so that he understands how contagious and far-reaching a much better effort on that end is for the team.  I just worry that all he cares about is putting up 28 and 10, which automatically equals super max even if your team is a$$.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3