• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lloyd Pierce has been Dismissed

Bonkers

5 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Why did we fire Bud again

We fired him?  That's news.

In actuality, his quittin' a** quit on us so its mind-boggling why so many Hawks fans still hold a candle for him.  Especially so when you consider the fact that he's the reason we were tanking in the first place.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Im not expecting a huge difference, but I hope this wakes up the team. 

Haven't you heard?  Teams that fire their guy mid-season always get better and they never botch the next hire thus torpedoing the organization to the perpetual cycle those vaunted organizations like Minnesota, Phoenix, Sacramento, New York, etc have been on for the better part of a decade+.

I actually think Bogi will pan out in the long run. He was struggling to find a rhythm because we run zero off ball action.  He's a guy that needs to come off a few screens then catch and shoot. 

Gallo needs to play purely the 4 position with a defensive minded center.  If he's on the floor, then Capela or Big O (his stock is going up with me, really like his lateral activity on D recently) need to be too. 

We need to work the ball down low much more often and force teams to respect us in the paint. Kicking out to shooters after this action creates more spacing for shooters.  It's not brain surgery...

Nate loved to go down low, almost to a fault... So I truly thing we will have a much larger presence down there. It will help open up the offense. 

Defensively this team didn't play better D until Nate took over for those few games. The players were engaged and Trae was receptive to coaching.  This is what I wanna see from leadership. Someone with the balls to pull your best player and coach them when they make a mistake. 

At the very least, I think this team will finally learn how to close games correctly under Nate. He seems to have a calming presence and MAKES THE RIGHT ROTATIONS!  I'm cautiously optimistic about the future.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I can't wait for all the juicy behind the scenes gossip.

Seems pretty obvious to me that this was Ressler's call. Can't see TS not waiting til the ASB which is literally days away. Plus, with the team not knowing and LP doing practice today, just has the feel of an owner meddling imo. Not saying it wasn't warranted. Just that the timing and circumstances don't seem like a TS move to me. 

• Like 3