Lloyd Pierce has been Dismissed

Bonkers

1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

The Pick-N-Pop that made Al rich and Teague an All-Star should be a staple here.  But Lloyd was a new-school guy masquerading as some old-school defensive guru, hopefully Nate brings in more traditional basketball staples like mid range shots, cutting, and PG ball pressure like a coach that got some damn sense. Remains to be seen.

This is not great for you though my man, don’t we have a bet going about the playoffs? 🤔 Here we come!!!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

I would actually care if you lost your job and I don't know you personally. Y'all tend to take the human element out of sports. The man got fired.  Doesn't matter if you're a millionaire or not. 

Hey that's on you, feel how you want

If I lost my job becuz I was consistently incompetent I deserve no sympathy *shrug*

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Biggest swing and miss so far for Travis.  The hire of LP i mean.

Good developmental coach is almost a cliche for a new coach who will not outlast his contract. Schlenk is not the first to fall for it and he will not be the last.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sturt said:

Mixed feelings.

It likely was coming at some point.

I just find it difficult to say we'd be in this situation if some KEY pieces had been mostly healthy all season... and THAT, my friends, is really no one's fault... but if it is someone's, it's the GENERAL MANAGER who actually deserves the chopping block ahead of the head coach.

As always, I'm not going to comment further out of principle, but I will welcome reading others' perspectives on that.

I agree. I believe we would've been in a better position if we didn't have many injuries. Even though LP had silly rotations, a lot of the blame goes on Travis because none of the players he signed this off-season (besides Bogi) fitted what LP wanted as far as defense and athleticism. 

His drafting of Okongwu is still a head scratcher. I don't believe the kid will be a solid contributor. He's too slow, plays too small, and doesn't provide a big defensive presence in the paint.

Travis literally fired LP to save his own ass because the Rondo and Dunn signings are cringe-worthy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

This is not great for you though my man, don’t we have a bet going about the playoffs? 🤔 Here we come!!!

This squad ain’t going nowhere without Dre gluing the excellent starting front court D with the atrocious guard defense together.  You got that pic of The Core fired up and ready to go right?

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

With every tough loss lately I kept expecting this headline. I never judged him harshly for his “failures” with a super young, tanking roster, but this season was the real test and he unfortunately came up short. Sucks about COVID and the injuries, but we’ve blown too many very winnable games. Hopefully this gives the team a jolt.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Nate a solid defensive coach, but his offenses are boring as dirt.

Simple, give the reins back to Trae and let him run the team. Pick and Rolls, Pick and Pops, Pick and Kicks; and of course Trae finishing at the rim with a layup or floater is always good to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

This squad ain’t going nowhere without Dre gluing the excellent front court D with the atrocious guard defense together.  You got that pic of The Core fired up and ready to go right?

Well as you know I don’t own a place here anyways, I rent! 😂 If and when the time comes I’m a man that pays up like a man don’t worry about that. What core btw? 🤔 Oh no, is it... is it fragile ankle man n company? Come on have some compassion (if you win).

I have to say that this was the right move. It's the same principle with the Falcons. It's one thing to lose a few close games, but the consistency the Hawks were losing winnable games, that's one leadership. Perhaps his message had started to fall on deaf ears. With that being said, dude is a great guy and at least put in the effort. but it seemed as if he was a bit overmatched at times. I wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors. 

Edited by HawksNWaffles
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Woj says the Hawks are hopeful that Nate will be the interim but he's fiercely loyal to LP.  Says Nate is meeting with LP and Hawks now to decide how to proceed.  

Damn Nate might not want the job? 

27 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Mike Conti is saying it's not a given Nate becomes interim head coach, but it's most likely. Nate might not be comfortable with the firing, he's very close with Lloyd.

Is Kenny Atkinson available? lol