• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lloyd Pierce has been Dismissed

Bonkers

My prediction early in the year was that if we got to 30-35 games in and we’re around .400, it would be boot time.

here we are 34 games in at .412...

(Also I think our overall season point differential finally went negative last night)

If he had pulled off a convincing win last night, I do think it would have lengthened LP’s leash a few games... but even he acted like he knew that wasn’t happening.  (At least, we all knew what was coming when we got deep into that fourth.  The signature ATL curse hit after that JC 3 to tie it at 95)

• Like 1

Just now, EazyRoc said:

Veteran leadership and back up ball handler ain’t asking for much

He's not capable of being the backup point guard for a significant part of the season.

That is asking for much.

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

So he's not capable of being a back up point guard? We weren't asking a lot.

No, he's not.  Everyone knows/knew that.

52 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Well as you know I don’t own a place here anyways, I rent! 😂 If and when the time comes I’m a man that pays up like a man don’t worry about that. What core btw? 🤔 Oh no, is it... is it fragile ankle man n company? Come on have some compassion (if you win).

https://yandex.com/images/touch/search?rpt=imageview&redircnt=1614640751.1&cbir_page=similar&pos=0&img_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FEaHcy36WkAIjUs3.jpg&url=https%3A%2F%2Favatars.mds.yandex.net%2Fget-images-cbir%2F4326743%2F1odGonGaFfJ31msg5ZKLsg4860%2Forig&cbir_id=4326743%2F1odGonGaFfJ31msg5ZKLsg4860&ts=1614640869546

Don’t lose this one folk.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

He's not capable of being the backup point guard for a significant part of the season.

That is asking for much.

Not TS. You don't give a guy 2 year 15 million to be your Udonis Haslem type elder statesman. They were clearly expecting him to play.

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That is asking for much.

That’s obvious now but who really had Rondo pegged as THIS washed up to begin to the season.

Just now, bleachkit said:

Not TS. You don't give a guy 2 year 15 million to be your Udonis Haslem type elder statesman. They were clearly expecting him to play.

Play?  Clearly, yes.  Play this much?  No, not by a longshot.  Literally everyone knows this.

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Maybe Schlenk is just bad at talent evaluating vets.  I mentioned Augustine numerous times last season, and McConnell was had for next to nothing.  Dunn was a great get but apparently damaged goods.  Travvy just got gassed off fourth quarter playoff Rondo playing alongside two of the most efficient players in the history of mankind for a relatively easy ring.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Literally everyone.  And he's not being paid that much by NBA math.

$7.5 per for someone “everyone” saw as washed up is a lot. Count me in the group that thought we’d get at least what he produced the year before.

• Like 1

OK Schlenk.  Your wall of protection is now gone.

You hired the now dismissed coach.

You also brought in the M*A*S*H unit that have only played in 70 out of a possible 170 games between them ( 34 games x 5 players )

You also brought in the coach's potential replacement in Nate McMillan.

And YOU passed on the "dude from Dallas".

If Nate fails, and your free agents continue to fail, guess who else needs their walking papers . . .

You Made This Mess GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Question. Whats the current expectation now? Obviously in-game adjustments are to be expected, but from a win-loss standpoint is there a magic number that Nate has to reach? If the trend continues, what next?

If you're going to fire LP, you fully expect the Hawks to make the playoffs, and probably not be in a play-in game at that.

So I say, 6th seed . . which will probably be 3 games over .500

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

What? 

That's freaking hilarious if Nate doesn't take the job.  That would DEFINITELY put Schlenk's head on the chopping block as well.

Nate is like . . . "You're not giving ME this garbage ass team, and act like it's my fault that people can't shoot or play defense."

• Haha 2