• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lloyd Pierce has been Dismissed

Bonkers

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Some folk are acting like Pierce's game management did not stick out like a sore thumb! This is amazing!

When I got fired from one of my old jobs(a long time ago), nobody cared about timing..lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Pop had ties with LP..Of course he's gonna say nice things about him..He didnt seem to care when the Spurs were kicking our ass this season..

Whats that got to do with anything?  He's not the only one ripping the Hawks for how this was handled.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Whats that got to do with anything?  He's not the only one ripping the Hawks for how this was handled.

Who else put out a statement about poor ole LP?

Edited by terrell

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So they should've waited for us to blow 2 more leads before the break by playing Gallo over Capela? lol

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Carlisle 

Ah fk him...lol

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

He wasn't the only problem but I'm fine with him being let go. Just interesting/bizarre timing. Do it at the ASB or after that small stretch where we saw what we did with McMillan. 

Agreed. He's not the only problem..But he was a problem..Yeah should've done it while he was on paternity leave..But then they would've said he got fired on his day off..lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Lurker said:

He wasn't the only problem but I'm fine with him being let go. Just interesting/bizarre timing. Do it at the ASB or after that small stretch where we saw what we did with McMillan. 

How do y'all know that some of the players or coaches weren't going to management or Ownership?

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Agreed. He not the only problem..But he was a problem..

He was the main problem!

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This is funny to me...You same guys will throw a productive player away like a piece of garbage but view this overdue appropriate firing like its an injustice.  Just weird to me.

Not an injustice.  Just could've been done much better.

Probably fired him over the phone.  Didn't even face time with him at least.

If you going to fire a person, don't do it cowardly.  Look that man in his eye and let him go.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I know there's a reason we don't have player-GM's.  Like, how is that a good thing in your eyes?

Think about it....John talked about in previous years how not a single play was run for him...He complained this season about the offense and plays were still not run for him but rather thru guys like Gallo.  They were losing.  He finally get his chance last game and low and behold, John can dribble.  And that's just one player.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Not an injustice.  Just could've been done much better.

Probably fired him over the phone.  Didn't even face time with him at least.

If you going to fire a person, don't do it cowardly.  Look that man in his eye and let him go.

Sometimes you are so upset with someone you are afraid you might say the wrong thing so you don't want to talk in person.  I'm pretty sure these guys were fed up with LP's foolishness and last night was the final straw.  There was probably a lot of debate with some feeling strongly for a long time that this dude has to go (like me) and some who were on the fence like @AHF but after watching the same stuff like the stupid challenge, Gallo playing center, John not seeing ball in the 4th, Trae playing undisciplined in a close ball game etc.  the final person probably said enough

• Like 1