• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lloyd Pierce has been Dismissed

Bonkers

26 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

We are getting blasted for this firing, especially by other coaches, apparently is very high thought of by his peers for his coaching ability , 

Group photo of everyone who cares | Laugh of the day, Funny photos, Group  photos

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Seems pretty obvious to me that this was Ressler's call. Can't see TS not waiting til the ASB which is literally days away. Plus, with the team not knowing and LP doing practice today, just has the feel of an owner meddling imo. Not saying it wasn't warranted. Just that the timing and circumstances don't seem like a TS move to me. 

Just put yourself in their shoes.  When you see this guy butchering the roster the way he does, at some point you say enough is enough especially when he does the same thing over and over to blow 4th quarter leads.  And even why Nate took over and showed this guy what his rotations should be, LP still does what he does so they had no other choice.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Seems pretty obvious to me that this was Ressler's call. Can't see TS not waiting til the ASB which is literally days away. Plus, with the team not knowing and LP doing practice today, just has the feel of an owner meddling imo. Not saying it wasn't warranted. Just that the timing and circumstances don't seem like a TS move to me. 

It’s quite funny that the guy who decided to tank the team is the guy who has become impatient with the process.   I’m talking about Tony Ressler. 

Lloyd Pierce isn’t anywhere near being a great coach, but what has happened this season was caused by what they wanted him to do in his first two seasons.  

This was always going to be the outcome of the process.  

17 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The timing of it is bad, considering that we all know the Hawks our top 3 wings hurt, and the guy just had a baby.

And 2 more losses weren't going to end our season.

And they fired him after he conducted practice today.

While 90% of the fan base approves of the dismissal, this is one of the worst PR moves the Hawks have made since the Danny Ferry debacle.  This could've been done much better.  Could've easily have done this during the All-Star break, to give everybody the proper heads up.

Or we couldve just let him stay on Paternity leave..lol

• Premium Member
Just now, KB21 said:

It’s quite funny that the guy who decided to tank the team is the guy who has become impatient with the process.   I’m talking about Tony Ressler. 

Lloyd Pierce isn’t anywhere near being a great coach, but what has happened this season was caused by what they wanted him to do in his first two seasons.  

This was always going to be the outcome of the process.  

I'm pretty sure no one knew that Lloyd Pierce would ever utilize a Gallo-Hill front court.  No one!  Or a Skylar Maze Rondo back court.  No One!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Just put yourself in their shoes.  When you see this guy butchering the roster the way he does, at some point you say enough is enough especially when he does the same thing over and over to blow 4th quarter leads.  And even why Nate took over and showed this guy what his rotations should be, LP still does what he does so they had no other choice.

Ressler probably watched a replay of the Cavs game..lol

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He better hope McMillan works out.  Otherwise he'll have hell tryna attract a good coach.

Only 30 NBA HC jobs..He'll find a vet Coach..

4 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Apparently that's a poorly chosen meme

What has Pop got to do with the Hawks? 

Just now, kg01 said:

Scott skiles is a "vet coach"?  Thats not automatically a good thing.

OK What do you consider a "good coach"?

3 hours ago, sturt said:

Mixed feelings.

It likely was coming at some point.

I just find it difficult to say we'd be in this situation if some KEY pieces had been mostly healthy all season... and THAT, my friends, is really no one's fault... but if it is someone's, it's the GENERAL MANAGER who actually deserves the chopping block ahead of the head coach.

As always, I'm not going to comment further out of principle, but I will welcome reading others' perspectives on that.

Schlenk should have gotten the axe along with LP.  Are you listening Ressler?  

• Haha 1

Just now, kg01 said:

Not the right question.  Ask what he's got to do with the coaching fraternity who may seek his advice as a mentor. 

Pop had ties with LP..Of course he's gonna say nice things about him..He didnt seem to care when the Spurs were kicking our ass this season..