• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Kings

lethalweapon3

Just now, macdaddy said:

To me the 30 foot bombs are like the foul baiting.   How many plays a game are we talking about.  1 or 2?  Friggin Dame and Harden take as many every quarter with less push back. 

Trae has taken 54 30+ foot shots in 42 games on the season.  I mean, come on.  People attach themselves to a narrative and won't let it go.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

In a stunning upset, kg agrees completely with diesel.  😎

So you both are wrong? And don’t refer to yourself in the 3rd you haven’t earned it. Yup, everyone getting checked at the door tonight.

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

No sir. We already proved you wrong last week and again last night, we lost. Stop 🛑 with your agendas. Your agenda is more important that the Hawks success and that’s sad. Might have to put you on silence like some.

No.  What you saw was an outlier to what normally is true.   Until we get that 2nd guy who can really generate offense, Trae needs to be scoring 30+ pts for us to have a chance to win.

It's funny though.  He goes out of the game, and we couldn't even score the basketball, and go down by 11 points.  Then when Trae, Bogi, and Clint start scoring points, we came all the way back.   Trae had 13 pts in the quarter and 21 in the 2nd half.   Yet, you're still acting like the problem is him.

You guys talking about agendas.  I speak on facts.

If you ask me, the real agenda is acting like we have teammates who constantly pick up the slack for Trae, and win games for us.  That's the real agenda.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Yeah.  And?  The "EARLY SHOT CLOCK ATTEMPTS" are the problem.  We've all said that.  It's not the deep 3's that you are talking about.  He's taken deep 3's well into the shot clock far more than early clock shots.  

Dude has made 6 of 26 3's in his last 3 games..But keep on hoisting I guess...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

No sir. We already proved you wrong last week and again last night, we lost. Stop 🛑 with your agendas. Your agenda is more important that the Hawks success and that’s sad. Might have to put you on silence like some.

I'm sorry spud but you haven't proven anything except that you continually ignore what is convenient and only talk about the few examples that support your agenda.  You think winning TWO games out of 22 when Trae doesn't score proves we are wrong when there's about 35 games (wins and losses) that prove we are right.  Hell, last night when you weren't around the Hawks were LOSING by double digits while Trae wasn't scoring and it wasn't until he took the over when his shot started falling that they came back to tie the game.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

we have teammates who constantly pick up the slack for Trae, and win games for us.

This^^^.  We have no one that can do this with any consistency.  Hunter looked like he was on the way prior to the injury.

• Like 3

Just now, terrell said:

Dude has made 6 of 26 3's in his last 3 games..But keep on hoisting I guess...

First of all, you are moving the goalposts and changing your argument.  Do you want him to stop shooting 3's all together or just the deep 3's?  Make up your mind. 

And yes, he's in a massive slump.  I agree.  But it's still a part of his game.  How's he going to get out of that slump if he doesn't keep shooting 3's??  

• Like 2

First of all, you are moving the goalposts and changing your argument.  Do you want him to stop shooting 3's all together or just the deep 3's?  Make up your mind. 

And yes, he's in a massive slump.  I agree.  But it's still a part of his game.  How's he going to get out of that slump if he doesn't keep shooting 3's??  

I dont like the deep 3's Im sorry..No way you cant find a better shot that that.Why keep hoisting if you know youre slumping that night?.Just agree to disagree..Imagine He misses that shot last night...

Edited by terrell

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

He had crummy shooting nights against LA and Sac.   He was 5-11 from 3 against the clippers.   It's not like he's on some kind of historic slide.   With these games he's 35% for 10 games in March.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I have no agenda. You and your (tor)mentor have one. I just want the Hawks to win. You need to be checked sir.

If that were true you would recognize and admit that the Hawks have the best chance to win any given game when Trae plays scores instead of just being a facilitator.  That means Trae scoring AND distributing to teammates.  But also it means recognizing just what @TheNorthCydeRises and @JayBirdHawk have said that the supporting cast around Trae is inconsistent to the point that most nights they still NEED him to score a bunch to win.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, terrell said:

I dont like the deep 3's Im sorry..No way you cant find a better shot that that.Why keep hoisting if you know youre slumping that night?.Just agree to disagree..Imagine He misses that shot last night...

Hey, I disagree with some of your overall points about his shooting but I'm fully willing to admit that I screamed 'No' when he let that fly.   But to me the bigger point was the post you were commenting on to begin with.  Team has to have someone not scared of the big moment.  That comes with some bad decisions too.   Trae is our guy and having him trying to second guess himself isn't going to help.   He can get smarter without becoming passive. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

If that were true you would recognize and admit that the Hawks have the best chance to win any given game when Trae plays scores instead of just being a facilitator.  That means Trae scoring AND distributing to teammates.  But also it means recognizing just what @TheNorthCydeRises and @JayBirdHawk have said that the supporting cast around Trae is inconsistent to the point that most nights they still NEED him to score a bunch to win.  

Did he have a better supporting cast when we went 8-0, no. Again the loss doesn’t fall on Trae but he needs to drive and create. I’ll take you all on I don’t care. I was right last week and I’m right now. Get @kg01 on your team too, 4-1 would be more fair cuz y’all 3 in my pocket right now.

Go look at the boxscore when we went 8-0, Trae didn’t score a bunch in MANY of those, being a floor general doesn’t mean you gotta score.

I’m trying to get Zeke outta Trae while y’all trying to turn him into @NBASupes Starbury. 🤦‍♀️ Come at me brohSophie!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

But also it means recognizing just what @TheNorthCydeRises and @JayBirdHawk have said

No recognition whatsoever, at this point I’m just hoping you are North’s alter ego and he’s running 🏃‍♀️ from one account to another otherwise it’s more than awkward bro. Whenever you get your own thoughts we will reconvene.

12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m putting North on silence, or at least scrolling through his agenda filled posts about Trae. It’s like stfu already bro.

All you have to do, is to be able to argue your point with concrete facts, then I'll shut up.  Until then, I'll keep typing away, killing you with the truth.   Ignore if you're chicken.

Some of you would've despised Dominique in the early 90s, when he would take the most difficult shots imaginable, just to keep us in games.

Then again, people would be crying for Nique to pass the ball to Duane Ferrell and Stacey Augmon more.

( crying ) . . I hate when Nique hogs the ball. Why does he shoot so much?  Throw it down to Kevin Willis down on the block.

Crying A Little GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Did he have a better supporting cast when we went 8-0, no. Again the loss doesn’t fall on Trae but he needs to drive and create. I’ll take you all on I don’t care. I was right last week and I’m right now. Get @kg01 on your team too, 4-1 would be more fair cuz y’all 3 in my pocket right now.

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Go look at the boxscore when we went 8-0, Trae didn’t score a bunch in MANY of those, being a floor general doesn’t mean you gotta score.

I’m trying to get Zeke outta Trae while y’all trying to turn him into @NBASupes Starbury. 🤦‍♀️ Come at me brohSophie!

SMH.  You one of those dudes that goes down swinging no matter how wrong you are.  I get it.  Nothing anybody says gonna change your mind.  It's all good.  We all want Hawks to win.  

You keep rationalizing to make your agenda felt.  That's fine.  You focus on the 3 games against Houston, Cleveland, and Lakers.  I'll continue to look at the landscape of the entire season and how games have played out.  Bottom line is Hawks need Trae to be the superstar that he is if they want to have the best chance at a W in any given game.  Doesn't mean they can't win occasionally without him.  But more times than not, they aren't winning if Trae struggles.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

then I'll shut up.

Nah all it takes it a button, I’ve done it before, trust me it saves time and energy. By the way, with the Nique comparison, just don’t do it. It’s like comparing apples 🍎 to screwdrivers 🪛 you are so wrong but your ego and pride won’t let you admit it. F pride.