• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome home sweet Lou Williams........goodbye Rondo

Vol4ever

On the other side of the coin Rondo is supposedly getting his first action with the Clips this afternoon against the Lakers. Here at home am really happy with what Lou gave us in his first game with us. Am liking the deal even more now and with two seconds to boot.

• Like 4

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

My heart goes out to all the Clipper fans that are actually excited about seeing Rondo run the point. 

Yeah.   I've bad mouthed the guy a lot but at this point in his career he seems way overrated.   Or he was trying to work his way out of Atlanta.  His D is ok, his passing is wildly inconsistent as is his shooting.   His mind games with gullible opponents is his best skill at this point.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah.   I've bad mouthed the guy a lot but at this point in his career he seems way overrated.   Or he was trying to work his way out of Atlanta.  His D is ok, his passing is wildly inconsistent as is his shooting.   His mind games with gullible opponents is his best skill at this point.  

I think this is overstating it.  He wasn't good here.  In his mid-30's with approximately 32,000 career minutes, he isn't nearly the player he used to be.  He is clearly no longer a guy you can count on for consistent production in the regular season.  Was surprised we signed him and happy when we dealt him because we need regular season production but the prime of his career is in the rear view mirror and isn't affected by this downgrade in his play.  He has had a lot of outstanding seasons and clutch plays on both sides of the floor.  

He is past his prime.  We won unloading his salary, picking up two picks and getting Lou.  Early returns suggest that just Rondo for Lou would be a win for us.  He was outstanding in the playoffs last year for the champion Lakers but he can't be that guy consistently anymore.  It what it is.  But, again, don't think this re-frames his career which has a lot to recommend it. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think this is overstating it.  He wasn't good here.  In his mid-30's with approximately 32,000 career minutes, he isn't nearly the player he used to be.  He is clearly no longer a guy you can count on for consistent production in the regular season.  Was surprised we signed him and happy when we dealt him because we need regular season production but the prime of his career is in the rear view mirror and isn't affected by this downgrade in his play.  He has had a lot of outstanding seasons and clutch plays on both sides of the floor.  

He is past his prime.  We won unloading his salary, picking up two picks and getting Lou.  Early returns suggest that just Rondo for Lou would be a win for us.  He was outstanding in the playoffs last year for the champion Lakers but he can't be that guy consistently anymore.  It what it is.  But, again, don't think this re-frames his career which has a lot to recommend it. 

It's a safe bet bubble Rondo was an abberation anyway. Banking on him being "playoff Rondo" again is a long shot. The bubble atmosphere with no travel, coming after a massive layoff favored old vets.

• Like 1

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, AHF said:

It maybe a win win.   He doesn't have to do a lot with Kawhi and PG both there other than be steady.  I'm not discounting his career but i just don't see him being great with a young team.   Folks have shown me examples where he kind of was but I'm still not totally buying it.  Especially at this point in his career.    His play this season for the Hawks was very bad.   

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

It maybe a win win.   He doesn't have to do a lot with Kawhi and PG both there other than be steady.  I'm not discounting his career but i just don't see him being great with a young team.   Folks have shown me examples where he kind of was but I'm still not totally buying it.  Especially at this point in his career.    His play this season for the Hawks was very bad.   

I definitely agree he should be on a vet roster where there are multiple much better players to carry the torch and he can assist in a tertiary role.  

I would bet against it being a win for the Clippers but if he can step up in the playoffs then I'm sure that is what they are hoping to see.  He did it in the same house last year but I just feel he is too far past his prime to expect that now.  But whether it can work out as a win for the Clippers, I think it is definitely a win for the Hawks so I'm not too concerned about the other end of the deal.  

• Like 2

I still think Rondo COULD be good for the Clippers in the playoffs for sure. But considering what Lou has already done with us, he’s just contributed a ton more. 

He’s made me eat so much crow it’s coming outta my ears. 😆 Sweet Louuuu 👏 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

(Nom nom nom nom 🤤🥘) What’s this? Lemon 🍋 pepper 🌶 crow? Thanks chef Lou! 

chef Lou>chef (S)curry

I'll join in if you don't mind and hope he can keep it up.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, AHF said:

nom nom nom gifs Page 2 | WiffleGif

You always have the cutest gifs AHF! Like the soccer ⚽️ one with the big brother hugging the little brother during the game. That almost made me cry 😢👏 

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

I knew Lou would be a clear upgrade but damn.  I certainly didn’t expect him to take Goodwin under his wing so quickly, coordinate defensive coverages, and straight Deebo 4th quarters.  I never really was a fan of the guy but seeing how he’s improved his playmaking, shot selection, and defense so late in his career he’s won me over.  If someone could make me a meme with him dropping a basket in a deep fryer with a hair net on and a straight face I’d appreciate it lol.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

I knew Lou would be a clear upgrade but damn.  I certainly didn’t expect him to take Goodwin under his wing so quickly, coordinate defensive coverages, and straight Deebo 4th quarters.  I never really was a fan of the guy but seeing how he’s improved his playmaking, shot selection, and defense so late in his career he’s won me over.  If someone could make me a meme with him dropping a basket in a deep fryer with a hair net on and a straight face I’d appreciate it lol.

Funny you should say that - it only took Lou 15 years in the league per your assessment to become THIS guy and win you over. But yet it's an all out ragfest on Trae in his 3rd year when he is already IMPROVING his shot selection and defense (his playmaking speaks for itself).  Credibility man, credibility - you've lost it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1