• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome home sweet Lou Williams........goodbye Rondo

Vol4ever

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I know we do this thing where when a player leaves we have to focus on his negatives and why we are now better off without him. With Rondo, we did take a hit, no matter how inconsistent he was on the court. Travis even mentioned how big his voice was in the locker room and how we will miss it. There is a reason people look at this trade as a big pick up for the Clippers, besides the general bias. It's the same as why we were excited to sign him in the first place. We did not expect to have to rely on him for heavy rotation minutes during the regular season. Dunn's injury made that hard to avoid.

That being said, Lou can still score, even in a down year for him. But what is his motivation going to be? What will his voice be in the locker room for our guys? And, besides just being a PG size, how will our bench unit look on the court now with no true point guard to create offense for others, just a bunch of scoring wings all playing together? 

Dunn is the X Factor. We will be trying to work him back in at the same time we are trying to work Lou in to the rotation. Dunn is much more of a PG than Lou, and that's really saying something. 

Point is, all isn't gravy just because Rondo is gone now.

Lou is very respected by his teammates as well

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, terrell said:

So how did Vucevic, Powell, etc play with their new teams already?

I think it had something to do with quarantining after flying.

Lou was in SAS at the time of the trade, so he had to get back to LAC. 

Portland was already in Florida, so Powell joined from Tampa Bay.

More than likely, Hawks just said meet us in Phoenix since it's closer, rather than flying to Denver.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think it had something to do with quarantining after flying.

Lou was in SAS at the time of the trade, so he had to get back to LAC. 

Portland was already in Florida, so Powell joined from Tampa Bay.

More than likely, Hawks just said meet us in Phoenix since it's closer, rather than flying to Denver.

Yeah I knew Powell was close, but what about Vucevic? Im just confused..lol

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, warcore said:

Can't leave Lou around all those dispensaries. Sorry. 

😂 that’s why he wasn’t available for the yay either. Ours is mad 😡 strong, I mean I’ve heard. I don’t partake, when I did they didn’t have dispensaries, you had to kick it at your dealers house and hear his stories 🤦🏾‍♂️ 😂 You couldn’t leave either. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, warcore said:

so true 😆

The worst was when you waited so long you passed out and woke up at 4am not knowing where you were or if you should drive. 😂 Rough times indeed. That was pre 2K though. These days it chamomile tea ☕️ and my own bed 🛏. Thank god.

• Haha 1

In Covid-19 season, wearing a mask is important.  I wonder, did Travis wear his mask when he pulled off this trade?  Atlanta got Lou Williams for Rajon Rondo.  Good deal.  Wait!  We also got two future 2nd round picks.  Then, as if that were not enough, $1.25 million in cash !!

👨‍🌾

• Like 2