• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae the VILLAIN?

thecampster

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

For all of the worrying people do about JC they seem to overlook his efficiency the last couple of months or so has been absolutely out of this universe, dude has been at north of .70% TS% his last 16 games. For reference Zubac lead the league with a .69% TS.. but he only took 5 shots a game and 70% of those shots were from within 3 feet of the basket. Collins has been scoring at a .70% TS clip while taking around half of shots from 10 feet out. Which is absolutely insane. 

oh i agree he's a very very good player, i just have concerns when elbows start flying, i don't mind be proven wrong.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Here's the thing that strikes me, having read the Yahoo article and this thread so far...

If NYK wins the series, almost certainly, it will be because Randle was able to relocate his 2020-21 version of himself.

If ATL wins the series, I feel almost certainly, it will be because others not named Trae will have shown up in an even bigger way than they did in Game 1.

It's like Barkley said outright, we do have more weapons, the inference being, we should win this series. We still might not. But we should.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah.  It's kind of sad to me honestly.  You see all this love league wide for guys like Ja, SGA, Fox, all guys way less deserving of elite status than Trae.  As you said Trae has done nothing but set records in his 3, shortened and screwed up, years in the league and they continue to tear him down when he should be celebrated.  Yeah it's motivation but it's still not what you grow up dreaming of and working toward.

chips make chips

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Who can forget this from Bill Simmons:  "5 worse trades on the CENTURY"

Now, his podcasts, god I gave it a listen just to hear him eat crow, is saying WOW this guy has really matured.  They still had other backhanded compliments in there too.

Every time Trae exceeds their expectations there's always a yeah but.  Yeah, but he's already a superstar deal with it! 

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

That is the narrative from all the talking heads.  Oops, ummm..., yeah Trae Young became a different player and started trusting his team. 
No.  He has always made his team better.  He always set them up for easy baskets.  It's just that he has Capela instead of third string centers and actual shooters like Bogi.  The difference is we have talent.  Trae has always played like a star that creates offense on a historic level.  

Yep.  This.  

From his first month in the league when his shot was absolute garbage, he was involving even that very limited cast of teammates and playmaking on a special level.  The focus was always on his scoring from the media.

"He is garbage - look at his shooting %s!  Team keeps losing.  Epic fail of a bust."

"He is so much improved - look at his shooting %s!  Team keeps losing.  He is selfish."

If they paid attention to his playmaking, it has always been there.  Makes a big difference going from Allen Crabbe and Damion Jones to Bogi and Cap!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Yep.  This.  

From his first month in the league when his shot was absolute garbage, he was involving even that very limited cast of teammates and playmaking on a special level.  The focus was always on his scoring from the media.

"He is garbage - look at his shooting %s!  Team keeps losing.  Epic fail of a bust."

"He is so much improved - look at his shooting %s!  Team keeps losing.  He is selfish."

If they paid attention to his playmaking, it has always been there.  Makes a big difference going from Allen Crabbe and Damion Jones to Bogi and Cap!

Just so it's clear, I gave you a 'like' until I saw you listed an unmentionable towards the end of your post which is a swear word in these parts.

Sorry to be a crab (pause for effect) ... but I can't be condoning using language like that.  There's kids on the internet, AH.  Do better.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, AHF said:

Yep.  This.  

Dedmon, Len, Jones all got shots with other teams because of the success they had with Trae.   And we see how it's panned out for them. 

• Like 1