2021-2022 Season News and Notes...yes already!

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I didn't know that either. It's because you can't shoot the ball from out of bounds and have it count as a basket so technically not basket interference.

Makes sense.   Man Thibs getting COY over Monty Williams is looking dumber and dumber every day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I didn't know that either. It's because you can't shoot the ball from out of bounds and have it count as a basket so technically not basket interference.

Didn’t know that either. How has this rule never came up in late game situations in the last 40 years lol.

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Didn’t know that either. How has this rule never came up in late game situations in the last 40 years lol.

It came up last year... by the exact same team. Only that time it was Tyson Chandler throwing it down and it was inbounded from the sideline. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators

I think you can reliably count on the refs to the swallow their whistle but the screen by Booker was pretty suspect.  I'm guessing that is an offensive foul if it happens in the middle of the third quarter.  Never set and definitely used his arms.  It paid off too because the defender was like an inch or two short of disrupting the pass after coming through it.

Cousins also clearly should have gotten flagged for the shove after the game was over.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

yup it makes sense if you see it that way. You can't shoot from out of bounds so if there is no shot, then there cannot be a goaltend. Surprised no one has exploited it, but I suppose it's not everyday you get to inbounds with a nice shot at the basket. 

• Moderators
Just now, Atlantaholic said:

yup it makes sense if you see it that way. You can't shoot from out of bounds so if there is no shot, then there cannot be a goaltend. Surprised no one has exploited it, but I suppose it's not everyday you get to inbounds with a nice shot at the basket. 

It is a tough play to run with the defense set and no worries about goaltending.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

My theory on this. Most of the time the inbounds oop does not work because the pass is off. I believe the pass is off because guys aren't used to throwing to the basket from out of bounds. Guys should just use their natural shooting motion.