• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Season News and Notes...yes already!

JayBirdHawk

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am happy for Al but this makes Boston tough to beat again.

:laugh: really? Right back where they were huh? 

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Boston is still a PG away.

I’d say a bit more but I may have my Celtic hate goggles 🥽 on so maybe not.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

They must really not like Walker to trade him in that deal. Saves them around 9 million a year which isn't a ton, and you are getting an over the hill Horford and a rotational piece while losing your first rounder. Not sure I see this as a win for the Celtics unless there's something bigger picture here that I'm missing. Are they looking at making a run at Kawhi or something?

It's a salary dump for a guy that's injured. They had luxury tax implications with Tatum's contract kicking in.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Pivoting away from the Smelltics for a sec.

Our roster next year is going to look really good even just looking at the contracts on the books.

Trae, Dunn, Goodwin

Bogi, Kev, Mays

Dre, Cam

Gallo, Knight

Capela, Okongwu, Bruno

Two key things obviously is if we can re-sign JC, and if Dunn picks up his option, Im banking on both right now

That being said, we dont have any real holes on the roster outside of replacing Lou Will's production off of the bench maybe, adding another vet for the locker room like Hill has been.

Overall, you look at losing:

Lou, Snell, Hill and getting back Goodwin, Dunn, Dre and Cam.

Adding the #20 overall pick, a vet big and playmaker would be a good offseason.

TITS (Trust In Travis Schlenk)!!!

• Haha 4

Forgetting the playoffs this season for a moment.  Things we have to hope for in the future.

1- Summer League.  So many of our current Hawks need this.  Add our draft picks.

2- G League.  Oh, how we have missed you.  I dearly wish all NBA teams had a G League team and that they could have the entire roster under control.  After the second year in the G League, a NBA team must keep him or he is free to any other NBA team.  Much like the AAA baseball teams.

3- Yes, the draft, free season and the trade deadline.  What will the Hawks do?

Meanwhile, back at the ranch - - GO BIG A !!

😃 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, marco102 said:

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to discuss this, but I was listening to the Bill Simmons podcast today. I know. I know. I shouldn't be giving him the ratings, but the title had how awesome Trae Young has been and I just need Hawks and Trae Young content.  

Anywho, do y'all remember how he's had Luka's member in his mouth for the past three years.  Here's a reminder

Now listen to this motherf..... at the 1 hour mark. 

"Let's talk about Trae Young.  This dude is so fu**king tough! blah blah blah...now you start dipping to the Isiah Thomas and Steve Nash territory."

So how can this be the worst trade ever and now Trae's a beast.  He did rightfully admit he was a doubter and Trae's changed his opinion.  

The thing that pisses me off is, if they would have just stopped the comparisons to Luka, they would have seen how great Trae was all along.  No one expected Trae or Luka to be this great this fast, but the way they've sh*t on Trae and pushed out all these false narratives make me so angry.  Then come out like yeah I was wrong and now I love him.  His platform should be banned along with 90% of the rest of the national media that just parrot whatever one popular guy writes.  Also, Seth Pertnow from the Athletic is one of the biggest Trae haters in the world and he still can't bring himself to compliment Trae because of his analytical takes that Trae wasn't any good.  Go screw yourself Seth and go on a diet!

Sorry for the random rant, but I'm sick of these sons of britches! 

I listened as well.  Was a big fan of Bill Simmons in his early days.  These pundits do not care what they said 2 years ago or even 2 days ago.  I don't think he even watched Trae Young play, but wanted so badly for the narrative of empty stats to be true.  

Honestly, Trae is not playing much different this year or in the playoffs, other than shooting less 3's.  He averaged 29 and 9 last year. 

I was listening to the Athletic just now, they were going off on the Thybulle foul at the end of Game 5.  Saying it should be an offensive foul in the future, huh?  There is a lot of BS that happens to draw fouls.  I don't think the rules committee wants to change the fact that a pump fake to draw a defender in the air shouldn't be a foul.  The rip throughs and leaning sideways type of fouls I understand.  If you are a defender and the man gets you in the air with a pump fake, you are toast.  That is basketball.  To suggest it should be an offensive foul to jump into someone who bit on a pump fake is crazy.  If any other player would have done that, literally any player in the league, they would have no issue with the call.  At least Ben Simmons gave Trae credit for setting that up.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I am happy for Al but this makes Boston tough to beat again. Kemba wasn't awful for them but his consistency was bad. Boston is still a PG away.

C'mon supes you gotta get over this dude like an ex girlfriend! He soft as cat shit! The rest of us aren't worried about the Pitts 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, warcore said:

C'mon supes you gotta get over this dude like an ex girlfriend! He soft as cat shit! The rest of us aren't worried about the Pitts 

FACTS

Alice will be good for their locker room, and that's about it. 

• Like 1