• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Time to have the uncomfortable conversation about Bogdanovic

Peoriabird

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Bogi has been ass lately, but we are going to need him to advance. Last night is the only game I give him a pass for because he actually got pulled. But like with anyone else if you're healthy enough to play you better perform. If you are going to hurt your team (or yourself) then you shouldn't be out there.

Bogi clearly is struggling, and apparently hurt. We need one win to advance. If he is going to perform the way he did last night then he may need to sit, because he was a liability on both ends of the court.

It's time to grin and bear it out right now. Everyone has to give us more. Bogi or not.

I agree with this.  But as part of a defensive strategy.. I would activate Snell for part of the first to lockdown Curry and Curry alone.   No switches.   Philly gets through it's offensive lulls with Curry and other shooters.   We have to stop that.  IF we stop Curry, I think stopping the others is doable... but we can't buy into a scheme where we will use all of our defensive resources to guard and shade Embiid. 

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Unfortunately I was right about him after all.  He is a 1 trick pony who can't even do that one trick well.  His defense is below average, His play making is below average and aside for that one hot shooting streak he had during the season, he is a below average shooter.  He is definitely not a starter on a playoff team which is very apparent this year's playoff.  Trae's back has to be sore carrying all of this dead weight.  Can't wait until Hunter and Reddish are back.

Where was this clearly agenda based post when he was absolutely on fire the ENTIRE SEASON after returning from injury? He's clearly hurt. He's hurt to a point he can't even hit wide open shots. There's no reason whatsoever to seriously believe any thing in this shit post. 

I can't stand agendas. This has been an absolutely amazing season in team history. Just don't. I know you can't help yourself but just don't.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

No Essentially I am kinda defending Trae Young to the media.  Trae is getting very little help during this series and is dragging this team on his back on their way to the conference finals but the narrative is that he has all of these shooters helping him out and they always talk about Bogdanovic as being one of them.  I agree that Bogdanovic is a useful rotational player but is not a starter because his many limitation particularly at the defensive end and I've said this all along.  The one thing that people thought that he could do he isn't doing which makes him a liability.  I'd rather have Cam play if Bogdanoic is going to shoot 31% from 3.

I'll give you this Peoria.  I think what is happening to Bogi, is that the Sixers are treating him like a #1 option threat.  He being pressured when he has the ball.  And because we're going small, he's normally matched up against Tobias Harris or Ben Simmons.  When we go big, he gets to guard a guy his size.  Unfortunately, that guy is Seth Curry, who has obviously received some of Ayesha's Cooking and turned him into Steph.

So instead of just catching and shooting the ball, like in the regular season, Bogi is being forced into exerting energy on defense and also having to create his shot off the dribble.  Then, when he finally gets an open look, he's not knocking them down.

In the 4 games in these playoffs in which Bogi has made 4 or more threes, we're 4 - 0.  When he hasn't, we're  3 - 5.  He also hasn't had a game in which his plus/minus has been over zero in the entire series.  That's very troubling.

Bogi is essentially pulling a Tim Hardaway Jr back in the 2016 playoffs, in which his poor play completely sold us out.

At this point, all the fans are asking is for one red hot game from Bogi.  Since he's been below average since Game 4 of the Knicks series, he can at least give us that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member

Bon-don???? No, he's not the problem. Matter of fact did you forget that he was the only bone with Trae putting up points in the early games of this series???

Bogi has been getting to his spots AND open shots. He has just been stinking it up with Capela. They both are playing like they are either afraid or owe somebody money. I've been one of Bogi's biggest proponents, so I'm not making a hot take.

• Thanks 1

On 6/18/2021 at 10:30 PM, Peoriabird said:

Unfortunately I was right about him after all.  He is a 1 trick pony who can't even do that one trick well.  His defense is below average, His play making is below average and aside for that one hot shooting streak he had during the season, he is a below average shooter.  He is definitely not a starter on a playoff team which is very apparent this year's playoff.  Trae's back has to be sore carrying all of this dead weight.  Can't wait until Hunter and Reddish are back.

So you dont think Bogi will be better when "Hunter and Reddish are back"?

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Bogi has been getting to his spots AND open shots. He has just been stinking it up with Capela. They both are playing like they are either afraid or owe somebody money. I've been one of Bogi's biggest proponents, so I'm not making a hot take.

Bogi has no balance and no burst. He's knee is f***ed and he is gutting it out, who knows how long it's been hurting him but he's clearly not been himself. 

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

When he reached for his foot in the 3rd, it was over but not for Nate

Agendaman's new agenda... Blame Nate. 

Bogi has been ass. 

Collins gotta step up.   If your man is going off... Get your mans.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Agendaman's new agenda... Blame Nate. 

Bogi has been ass. 

Collins gotta step up.   If your man is going off... Get your mans.

Its almost as those Bogdanovic is a Sacred Cow.  You can't blame his poor play on him, Its got to be Nate or his injury even though he played 35 minutes and firing up the 2nd most attempts on the Hawks team even when there were other options

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Its almost as those Bogdanovic is a Sacred Cow.  You can't blame his poor play on him, Its got to be Nate or his injury even though he played 35 minutes and firing up the 2nd most attempts on the Hawks team even when there were other options

From game 2, I have not wanted to see Bogi on the floor for us until his knee was healed.   Even though he played pretty good earlier in Game 3,  once he became a liability it was time to let him sit.   Nobody has answered the question of exactly what's wrong with his knee and does playing on it make it worse.   I don't want to see a RGIII situation.  

Now Bogi has a heart as big as the size of Texas but right now his game hasn't translated. 

We haven't seen a good Bogi since Game 5 against Philly.   I get that we need his shooting to help open up the floor but yesterday, he gave us more heat checks than a thermostat repairman.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Can we have that discussion now?

Not ready to talk about his long-term role when you disappear from the Bogi discussion for the majority of the games he played this season solely because he was back healthy and playing well.  

I am ready to talk about this series.  Bogi is a career 39% 3pt shooter.  He draws defensive attention and gravity on the floor which is important even when he is struggling (watch how Solo doesn't and the Bucks cheat off him and trap Trae).  We need Bogi to shoot the ball much better to win and the knee injury is the obvious explanation so this is really a short term discussion about Game 4 minutes rather than one about his long-term role with the team, imo.  Even with his shooting touch being cold, we got 14 and 5 from him in the first two series.  This series it has been 6.7 points and 1.7 rebounds with him also limited on D and throwing up bricks.  If we had Hunter healthy or Cam had Nate's trust, it would be a no-brainer that Nate would drastically reduce Bogi's minutes.  I think the right move for Game 4 is to give Bogi minutes but also to have Cam in the rotation.  You can then limit or expand each of their roles depending on how comfortable and effective they appear on the floor.  Snell and Solo are "break in case of emergency" backup options.  The reality is, thought, that we don't have many viable options if neither Bogi nor Cam is effective but that is where we are at when Bogi is hurt, Cam has been out 4 months and Hunter is out for the series.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Can we have that discussion now?

Does him being clearly hurt and trying to play through it factor in to the equation at all? If it does, then sure we can have the conversation, because he clearly needs to sit when the knee is affecting him. But any discussion about him being traded this offseason looks foolish. He's been a major part of our turnaround the second half of the season and was playing well in the playoffs until his knee got hurt.

• Thanks 3