• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A poll for All Squawkers

Diesel

I need every Squawker to respond to this poll!!  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The trade worked out for both teams I think.  Trae is putting people on notice (myself included), but you can admit that Luka is better, but you’d rather have Trae.  Today it looks like they are both outstanding players.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Like asking would I trade John Hannibal Smith for Jethro Gibbs plus the next female lead on NCIS.

That's a whole different TV show than the A-Team, and who knows if it thrives or bombs. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Alex said:

The trade worked out for both teams I think.  Trae is putting people on notice (myself included), but you can admit that Luka is better, but you’d rather have Trae.  Today it looks like they are both outstanding players.  

Ion know.

• Luka's better at scoring over defenders and has better efficiency and gets rebounds.
  • Trae's a better passer and free throw shooter. 
  • Both streaky long range shooters
  • They are both bad one on one defenders, but Trae has been better at avoiding unfavorable matchups and committing to team defense.

Big one is diva tendencies - Trae gets along with his teammates better and didn't undermine LP during huddles even when they had issues. He's sacrificed regular season numbers and is a true floor general, something Luka isn't.

• Like 2

These two are very, very close to the same value to their teams.  Neither team could afford to do the swap because of teams being made to fit with each one.  With everything being so close, don't forget the Hawks did get a little bonus for originally making that swap.  A 1st round pick for the next season.  #10 if I remember correctly.  Kid named Reddish.  He's still on our roster.

😃

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Ion know.

• Luka's better at scoring over defenders and has better efficiency and gets rebounds.
  • Trae's a better passer and free throw shooter. 
  • Both streaky long range shooters
  • They are both bad one on one defenders, but Trae has been better at avoiding unfavorable matchups and committing to team defense.

Big one is diva tendencies - Trae gets along with his teammates better and didn't undermine LP during huddles even when they had issues. He's sacrificed regular season numbers and is a true floor general, something Luka isn't.

This. The media is ignoring or downplaying all the red flags. Those red flags are what causes coaches to leave and players to leave in free agency or ask to be traded. I questioned if Carlisle was really in favor of the style of offense being played and it turns out he wasn't. It's not like we haven't seen this before. We've seen very talented players put up historic numbers but fall short in the Playoffs because they're not really making their team better. We've also seen those same players refuse to change because of the impact it would have on their numbers. What pushes Trae over the top for me is he adjusted to being a legit floor general and does a better job of picking his spots. 

• Like 4