• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

After the big first win... It's time to talk adjustments.

Diesel

He chucking those.threes.becaise.they are back breakers , and if they give.him the space he's gonna shoot them becuse they have a higher chance of being rebounded by us , that's why he takes them early in the clock, they are using the data to justify these strategies, knris Middleton won't be this cold either, but we def need to hit more looks or attack diff players

• Like 4

Yes, Let OO get more burn in this series....to make Portis and Giannis work.

Holiday feasted last night especially in the 1st half when Bogi was guarding him which helped boost his shooting confidence in the 2nd half....that is why I wished we had Hunter and Cam right now for defense.....

• Like 2

I think we need to keep Bogi fresh. He is not helping on offense much so why not play Reddish, he is better defender and we can use him just as a catch and shot shooter until he recovers the rithm. Same for Okongwu. I am worried the amount of minutes the starters are playing, we have one of the best benches of the NBA, why don't we use it?

• Like 1

Which team has the best coaching staff to make adjustments?  Both between games and in game?  Which team believes in their coaches and what they are doing?

Finally, what do all the fans of both teams believe?  (Check REALGM Bucks)

:smug:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I think we need to keep Bogi fresh. He is not helping on offense much so why not play Reddish, he is better defender and we can use him just as a catch and shot shooter until he recovers the rithm. Same for Okongwu. I am worried the amount of minutes the starters are playing, we have one of the best benches of the NBA, why don't we use it?

There may be some posters here who are qualified to question Nate.  I damn sure ain’t one of em.  His track record speaks loud af for his decision-making.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, benhillboy said:

There may be some posters here who are qualified to question Nate.  I damn sure ain’t one of em.  His track record speaks loud af for his decision-making.

Agree totally.  To me this situation is a win win, if Coach Nate plays Cam, it means he feels he's ready and the team is ready for his integration.  If he doesn't play Cam, he still has confidence in Bogi's intangibles to help the team win, while Cam observes and stays hungry to keep this roll going in 21-22.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Pardon my ignorance, but why is Snell, and his league leading 3pt %, not getting more time?  Is there an injury or something?   Especially now that we need all the bodies we can get and people who can punish the defense for crowding Trae...

• Like 4

• Admin
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

We thank Bud for utterly messing this up for the Bucks.. but we made mistakes that they will try to take advantage of...  Also, Trae may not go for 48 every game.   So there's no need for us to get swole. 

So let's get this chess game going....  

1. I suspect they will double Trae with Holiday/Tucker on the PNR.   Trying to trap him.   I don't think that they are as disciplined or talented as Philly so this is nothing we haven't seen before. 
  2. Trae should cut down the deep 3 heat checks.  It's not in my nature to tell somebody who scores 48 pts what to shoot, but from a efficiency standpt, Trae is not Steph yet. 
  3. Bogi... IF the injury needs rest.. then rest. 
  4. Let OO get some run. 
  5. The will probably not play the drop down on the PNR because it was a little effective for them at the end. 
  6. Keep doing what you doing on Giannis ... big ups to Capela. 
  7. Middleton probably won't shoot as bad as he did.. don't give him wide open looks. 
  8. Put a hand in Holiday's face. 

Bud's MO  is to make space for his shooters, we capatilize on that by shutting down his primary scorer (Giannis) with the wall. 

Agreed about the logo bombs ... extremely low percentage and are momentum killers ... they don't work.  He took three in a row and missed all ... we got lucky that Giannis hit on the nose afterward but we are up by two and fighting to keep lead and he takes one of those and instantly it was a huge swing.  Keep the ball movement going ... that is what works.  Smart shots.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, hylndr11 said:

He chucking those.threes.becaise.they are back breakers , and if they give.him the space he's gonna shoot them becuse they have a higher chance of being rebounded by us , that's why he takes them early in the clock, they are using the data to justify these strategies, knris Middleton won't be this cold either, but we def need to hit more looks or attack diff players

He bailed them out in the fourth shooting too many threes. Yes, they were "open" but it's the moment in the game where you need to run the offense and create a better shot. The only blemish in an otherwise incredible game. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Agreed about the logo bombs ... extremely low percentage and are momentum killers ... they don't work.  He took three in a row and missed all ... we got lucky that Giannis hit on the nose afterward but we are up by two and fighting to keep lead and he takes one of those and instantly it was a huge swing.  Keep the ball movement going ... that is what works.  Smart shots.

I can’t knock any opinion on that shot whether you like em or dislike em.  I always liked the premise of it because if you close out or trap him way out there your defense is immediately screwed with the spacing.  But he does have to be very selective and feel when there’s much better offense to be had on a particular play.  Its worth the risk because it’s such a psychological killer to the other team when he makes.  The opposing team can hear their home crowd gasp and ooh under their breath in awe.  It clearly effects their body language.

• Like 3

Jrue and Giannis were getting all they could eat in the pick and roll, especially late. We had no answer for it.

Our back line communication was poor all game. Guys were looking at each other like "Where was the rotation?"

Nate was on the mic telling them in the huddle to stay home on their man when Giannis has the ball, because he picking us apart when we helped.

I did not like that we continuously left a shooter open. Lopez early, Portis in the middle of the game, and Holiday all night long.

We need to adopt the mindset that we had against Embiid, that we can't panic double. Dig down on him get back to your man, but you can't get stuck in no man's land. The Bucks are built around teams doubling Giannis. They not only have shooters, they have excellent screen setters and cutters so if you ball watch, you will get picked off or back door'd.

We have some homework defensively. PNR coverages and Giannis coverage discipline.

Offensively, they are about to press Trae hard to get the ball out of his hands. Jrue flipped a switch towards the end and forced at least 3 turnovers on Trae without the help of a double team. If Middleton wakes up, Jrue can lock in exclusively on defense and make life hard for Trae, we cannot underestimate that matchup.

Bogi may never get back to making shots like he was, so we have to shift our offensive focus to guys like Kev and JC. We need them to get buckets to help Trae out. Gallo and Lou are who they are, we know they can hit timely shots, and we hope they have "one of those nights" where they get hot. The mid post offense with JC and then Gallo will have to be factor if Bogi can't produce anymore.

Solo was rusty and his chemistry with the team was off, but he really was effective at times all over the court. They need to clean up some communication but he will likely factor in to this series more than any of us would have predicted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wretch said:

Pardon my ignorance, but why is Snell, and his league leading 3pt %, not getting more time?  Is there an injury or something?   Especially now that we need all the bodies we can get and people who can punish the defense for crowding Trae...

This.  If its me, I'm giving Bogi game 2 off and telling him to get treatment on the knee. I'm having Snell start, split minutes with Solo. I'm kicking to Snell every chance I get and letting him fire away.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thecampster said:

This.  If its me, I'm giving Bogi game 2 off and telling him to get treatment on the knee. I'm having Snell start, split minutes with Solo. I'm kicking to Snell every chance I get and letting him fire away.

I know numbers on the year are good, high percentage on very low volume. But he was starting to fade towards the end of year and has looked awful in every playoff game. I could see why Nate has opted for a rough rider like Solo.

• Like 2