• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021 into 2022 OFFSEASON News and Notes

RandomFan

1 hour ago, AHF said:
  • Since Klutch filed a claim for $200K in unpaid commissions for the $5M contract, it might be reasonable to assume that it was a 4% payout at these low levels of contract earnings so probably ~$350k in total earnings for Klutch for the $8.7M.  The idea that an agent might earn a higher % on higher dollar deals and therefore lose interest in a client when they fall out of the range of those deals is pretty logical even though it is correct that if they maximized every contract for every player they represent it would earn them more money.  But this is why there are requirements in the contract, via professional/malpractice standards, and for good faith/fair dealing in agency relationships because it does happen sometimes in real life that agents don't put in good faith effort on behalf of a client.

From wikipedia so take it with a grain of salt.

"Sports agents generally receive between 4 and 10% of the athlete's playing contract, and 10 to 20% of the athlete's endorsement contract, although these figures vary. NFL agents are not permitted to receive more than 3%, and NBA agents not more than 4%, of their client's playing contracts."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_agent

So your 4% number is in line. What isn't in line is the idea the agent might get a higher percentage of max contract players like Lebron. He gets 4% regardless.

What is in line with what you're saying is Lebron would command a significantly higher number of endorsements and that would make the agent pay more attention to him as opposed to Noel, because those endorsements are at a much higher commission %. Bathing the cash cow. I could buy that as an argument to why the agent would purposely snip his own commission.

So say Noel had a $36 million offer Klutch whiffed at. That would be a $1.44 million dollar commission as opposed to $350k.  He is mission out on $1.09 million. So if he was lining up a shoe deal for a high paid star (for say at $40 million) and ignored Noel's deal because 10% of the $40 million shoe deal is $4 million.  I could somehow see that logic. It doesn't sell me 100%, but I see it. I'd need a paper trail.  I still don't see anyone whiffing on an extra 1.09 million.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Looks like it's started in Philly. 

Seriously I was listening to NBA radio an hour ago and Kam and AD played an interview from Danny Green and Green basically was speaking in a light that the decision has already been made that he’s not returning it’s just what they are getting back.

Green was saying something about him and Thybulle would have to be their lead defenders now that Ben wasn’t going to be around.

This was a first for me. Usually they either say they won’t talk about it or definitely not act as if dude is already traded.

Specially from a vet like Danny Green. 

They just shouldn’t talk about it till he’s officially traded. It lacks some class imo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have 2 asks on the Ben trade.

1. No Warriors trade

2. Preferably trade to west. 

#2 comes with a caveat that is if his game gets better. Generally you want a marquee player like Simmons to get out of your fav team’s conference. In this case I do only if I think he will get better. If he goes to Sac, Minny, all those small towns and markets he will be a whole new player I think. He goes to a big city he’s meat 🥩.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I have 2 asks on the Ben trade.

1. No Warriors trade

2. Preferably trade to west. 

#2 comes with a caveat that is if his game gets better. Generally you want a marquee player like Simmons to get out of your fav team’s conference. In this case I do only if I think he will get better. If he goes to Sac, Minny, all those small towns and markets he will be a whole new player I think. He goes to a big city he’s meat 🥩.

Ben would actually fit really well with the wolves. The sixes probably can get Russell who will fit pretty good on their roster.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

oh boy!

Payback for the Noel fiasco?

I know we all want to laugh at the Sixers right now, but Rich Paul really overstepping his bounds here. With Simmons gone, Maxey would be next in line to start for the Sixers, and his agent is just unilaterally making the decision that he shouldn't stay in Philly, AFTER ONE SEASON, in order to gain more leverage for Simmons? This is crazy, and I really think Maxey should fire Rich Paul.

• Like 3

• Moderators
Just now, ATLHawks3 said:

I know we all want to laugh at the Sixers right now, but Rich Paul really overstepping his bounds here. With Simmons gone, Maxey would be next in line to start for the Sixers, and his agent is just unilaterally making the decision that he shouldn't stay in Philly, AFTER ONE SEASON, in order to gain more leverage for Simmons? This is crazy, and I really think Maxey should fire Rich Paul.

All of this.  Why would Maxey ever want to go to the same team as Simmons where Ben will want to run the offense?  Maxey was dramatically improved over the second half of the season.  He should be salivating at the idea of getting to run the point.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Ben would actually fit really well with the wolves. The sixes probably can get Russell who will fit pretty good on their roster.

Ya but if I’m the Sixers I don’t even want Russell, he’s not it. Deangelo and Embiid is actually a downgrade. I’ve just never been high on Russell.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I think Rich is more concerned about settling scores than doing what is best for Tyrese. He is in great situation in Philly if Ben is traded. 

• Like 1

"The Cleveland Cavaliers have agreed to a one-year, non-guaranteed deal with 7-foot-5 center Tacko Fall"

Cavs are going BIG..

PG Evan Mobley SG Markhannen SF Kevin Love PF Jarrett Allen C Tacko Fall.........😀

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

So we just gonna ignore Rondo going back to the Lakers... with Westbrook who he hates?

Did they not see that one HawkvZard game where they got ejected and wanted to kill each other?

Vzard :laugh1:Lakers just stackin ole dudes in a line like Ron J.. nevermind. :indifferent:

• Haha 1