• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021 Atlanta Hawks Summer League Thread

NBASupes

37 minutes ago, terrell said:

Are we really going with Delon as backup over this guy? IDK man...................He looks like he could step in as backup from day 1...lol. I knew he was going to be good(I live 10 min from McEachern), but I thought it would take some time..He looks ready to contribute now...

I still can’t get anybody to take my avatar bet that Coop will be Trae’s backup before the end of the season, even though my prediction was dismissed as silly by most 🎲 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, hazer said:

I still can’t get anybody to take my avatar bet that Coop will be Trae’s backup before the end of the season, even though my prediction was dismissed as silly by most 🎲 

Cooper/Huerter/Cam/Gallo/OO off the bench...🔥

• Like 4

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, hazer said:

Nobody took that bet because we all saw last season how injuries can force guys into rotation roles who normally wouldn't have sniffed the floor, and you weren't confident enough in Cooper to take a bet that took that scenario off the table.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, niremetal said:

Nobody took that bet because we all saw last season how injuries can force guys into rotation roles who normally wouldn't have sniffed the floor, and you weren't confident enough in Cooper to take a bet that took that scenario off the table.

Rife isn’t a player “who normally wouldn’t have sniffed the floor.” He is going to be Trae’s backup before season’s end 👏 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Are we really going with Delon as backup over this guy? IDK man...................He looks like he could step in as backup from day 1...lol. I knew he was going to be good(I live 10 min from McEachern), but I thought it would take some time..He looks ready to contribute now...

Ah you right down the road from me then im about 10 to 20 min from McEachern as well 🙂 

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, hazer said:

Rife isn’t a player “who normally wouldn’t have sniffed the floor.” He is going to be Trae’s backup before season’s end 👏 

You clearly don't actually believe that, or else you'd be confident enough to take this bet:

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/434068-backup-pg/?do=findComment&comment=1114972

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, sturt said:

2021-08-10_23-08-37.png

(I just can't even..... giphy.gif    )

2021-08-10_23-03-32.png

HOLD UP. You mean that the quality of PGs who Deuce Coop will be [guarding/guarded by] in the regular season would be HIGHER than Jordan Bone?

🤯

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Young guys looked great. I have to caution people not to take these games too seriously. I'm not saying that to knock our guys or what they are doing out there. Just being honest. We've seen the Dion Glover effect in SL games. I think our two guys are great young players and we got them at a steal where we got them. But I don't expect either to play that much their rookie years. This isn't the rebuilding Hawks anymore. 

Yup, obviously them coming out of the gate and playing great as rooks in summer league is what you want to see, but it doesn't necessarily mean they are going to automatically be getting 20mins a game. Wright is a really good good player, better than any backup pg we had last year by a mile. Sharif will get his pt in blowouts early on and if we end up having injuries or the occasional rest game for Young. If he excels in those opportunities he may end up eating into Wrights minutes, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that happening his first year here. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hazer said:

Not I sir. :indifferent: Haha, but I was calling him 3rd string but he and Delon should :boxing:it out for #2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hazer said:

I believe. He’s got confidence, swag and game to back it up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sothron said:

Young guys looked great. I have to caution people not to take these games too seriously. I'm not saying that to knock our guys or what they are doing out there. Just being honest. We've seen the Dion Glover effect in SL games. I think our two guys are great young players and we got them at a steal where we got them. But I don't expect either to play that much their rookie years. This isn't the rebuilding Hawks anymore. 

Jalen looks phenomenal on the boards and in the open floor, but watching the game, his defensive awareness is going to need a lot of work. He played everything like he was in a zone. On the wing, I saw him lose his man by no less than 15 feet. He was playing 10 to 10 and his man drifted to the other zone and he was headed toward the wrong corner.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, niremetal said:

You clearly don't actually believe that, or else you'd be confident enough to take this bet:

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/434068-backup-pg/?do=findComment&comment=1114972

I believe it. I’ll happily take the bet I proposed, not someone else’s convolution of it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1