• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

All the Minnesota Rumors put together.

Diesel

• Premium Member

All those Minny Rumors put together leads to:

Clint, Gallo, Hunter, and 2 1st rounders for KAT and Rubio....

We get the more active offensive piece in KAT.. we get the BU PG in Rubio.   They get Younger and more defensive.  We resign JC. 

If we did that:

Trae, Rubio, Dunn

Huerter, Red

Bogi, Solo, X

JC, OO

KAT, Bruno, Knight

Our immediate need becomes at the Wing.  I would say defensive stopper. 

I just wonder.. how would KAT fare against the Embiids and the Giannis'...

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I would rather run it back with a fully healthy squad. 2-way wings are too valuable in this era.

Yup, people give Clint shit for his defense in the playoffs but the truth is interior defense isn't the factor it used to be. What you need to win in the big games against the best teams is elite defense in the perimeter. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yup, people give Clint shit for his defense in the playoffs but the truth is interior defense isn't the factor it used to be. What you need to win in the big games against the best teams is elite defense in the perimeter. 

Yeah preventing teams from getting into the paint at will is really valuable. As you can see, Phoenix was missing that in this series as they really didn't have the right personnel to build a wall against Giannis. Milwaukee is a rare team in that they had elite perimeter defenders combined with elite interior defense. That's the reason they won, and we should adapt a somewhat similar model to going forward. 

Edited by ATLHawks3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

And folks fail to recognize Clint's struggles were actually more of a product of our struggles on the perimeter.

It's like when a QB throws a touchdown to a wide open receiver and everybody looks at the corner like, "Whyyou get beat so bad, bro?!?"

Having no idea that the breakdown in coverage could've been the safety's fault.

• Like 3

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And folks fail to recognize Clint's struggles were actually more of a product of our struggles on the perimeter.

It's like when a QB throws a touchdown to a wide open receiver and everybody looks at the corner like, "Whyyou get beat so bad, bro?!?"

Having no idea that the breakdown in coverage could've been the safety's fault.

I didn't have any issues with his D at the rim.  It's continually getting boxed out by Randle, Embiid, Portis that i didn't like.  although i could be wrong because his rebounding and offensive rebounding stats for the playoffs don't look that bad but seems like he couldn't get around those guys for key rebounds.

49 minutes ago, Diesel said:

All those Minny Rumors put together leads to:

Clint, Gallo, Hunter, and 2 1st rounders for KAT and Rubio....

We get the more active offensive piece in KAT.. we get the BU PG in Rubio.   They get Younger and more defensive.  We resign JC. 

If we did that:

Trae, Rubio, Dunn

Huerter, Red

Bogi, Solo, X

JC, OO

KAT, Bruno, Knight

Our immediate need becomes at the Wing.  I would say defensive stopper. 

I just wonder.. how would KAT fare against the Embiids and the Giannis'...

Cam would Immediately slide in as a starter in this scenario, especially with defense being more of a need. 

Kev becomes your combo wing off the bench. Maybe even run Dunn as the 4th guard and not just the 3rd PG

• Premium Member

Someone help me out... I've scoured Twitter just now, and I'm having difficulty discovering anything but the one "rumor" (which isn't anything more than a mention of MIN interest, of course).

What's this "all the rumors?"

Gracias in advance.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

If the street talk was accurate, there's reason to believe Schlenk might still be thinking under the right coaching Culver's talent would emerge to be what it was thought to be.

20 minutes ago, Dejay said:

I love KAT and all but I really don't want to eff around with the chemistry yet. Plus, we still haven't seen what this team could do at full strength with McMillan running the show from the jump. 

If there's an obvious move than can be made to improve our chances of representing the East, of course you do it. We'll see what comes about soon enough...

My thoughts exactly.  McMillan didn't have a training camp to install his 'stuff', which makes what he did even more impressive.  It's why I scoffed at folks touting guys like Thibs over him for COTY.  What McMillan did was eons more impressive because it was on the fly.

On top of that, as you mentioned, we never saw what the team was at full strength.  I'd loathe to pull the plug before even seeing what we truly have.

To offer a counter point of view, McMillan said the injuries helped to simplify things because it created minutes for guys who could've been complaining about sitting if the team was fully healthy.

Anyways ... rich people problems.

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

Pass on Towns.  He’s soft as Charmin overall and is liability on defense.  
The team seems to have good chemistry and gels together as it is currently constructed.  I am always for changes, but this time around I am content with minimal changes and above else a healthy squad.  

I wouldn't be looking forward to Towns fighting Trae for spots around the 3pt arc despite him needing to get his arse in the paint.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I like our core. I’ll tell you I’ve exhausted myself trying to find a player or players I’d want to us to trade with and for and I can’t get many of any. 

Our core is beautiful. I understand the money game and the eventual decisions but I’m not gonna self sabatoge our roster with a trade just so we can trade.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1