• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks draft pick grades (Jalen & Sharife)

Spud2nique

Hawks draft pick grades  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Jalen Johnson

2. 2. Sharife Cooper

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/19/2021 at 12:14 PM

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I would say yes. 

Strictly raw passing I agree. He sees lanes opening and hits guys with ridiculous passes. Top 10 or 15 for me though but I agree. He’s special in the dime category for sure. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

We essentially drafted two lottery picks in a year we went to the eastern conference finals. My goodness. 

Reminds me of when DET had the #2 pick after winning the championship with a class featuring LeBron, Melo, Wade, Bosh.... it was looking like years of dominance for them. Until they took an undrafted talent at #2.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2021 at 9:49 PM, MarylandHawk said:

We essentially drafted two lottery picks in a year we went to the eastern conference finals. My goodness. 

Sh*ts cray.  I really like 6 players on our squad, I assume OO will be one of my more favorite players in the league once his offense catches up to his defense.  If Rife stays healthy he might be my fav by seasons end.

Attacking, vision, and gifted passing is awesome (he actually drew a foul on a post up) but I ultimately judge players on reaching their defensive potential.  I see him forcing small guards off the ball, pressing it, flashing passing lanes, squatting in his stance with active feet.  He flat out competes and values ball stoppage.  Knowing he can only guard one position he has to come with it.  

JJ, while a force on offense for sure, will have struggles with his awareness and position matchups being a tweener.  Best case scenario Rife could be a near-neutral defender and plus offensive player, instantly affecting our point differential in a positive way.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

While I've been at the front of the line beating the "tap the brakes, it's only summer league" line, and remain skeptical (... a healthy skepticism, of course...) that it could take some time for Cooper to have success versus top shelf competition, have to agree with Ja...

Probably should've been drafted in the neighborhood of the 20s... based on what I've seen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Seriously.  Let's get Sharife off this two way deal and on a guaranteed deal.  While he will never be the guy in Atlanta, he's the only guy the Hawks have that can run the offense like Trae does.  Get him on a 3 year deal and secure his bird rights, and this will be a player who can be flipped for a bounty down the road.  

• Like 3