• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

8/4 UPDATE: Collins to sign $125 million deal with the Hawks per Woj

timebomb

Duncan Robinson was a key starter for them.

2 of Cam, Kev and Dre will be coming off the bench for us over the next year or so. Even if you are an All Star talent, it's hard to show your maximum potential off the bench. That drives down price. (See Sabonis' deal, signed as a bench player before becoming an All Star)

If these guys are able to break out in spite of their bench roles, then that means our team is a championship contender. In which case we have no problem breaking the bank to keep them on.

We have to stop thinking with Spirit LLC mindset and realize that the current Owner is willing to do what it takes for a Championship. He is not satisfied with successful playoff teams that get bounced out. He is not trying play us cheap just to put out an exciting product with no hopes of going anywhere. Those days are over.

Warriors were a laughing stock franchise for years, but they have spent whatever it took to squeeze every ring possible out of the Curry era. They are in tax hell, but they do not care because they know the window isn't forever.

That is about to be us. For better or worse. We are ready to pony up and bring home the Larry O Brien.

• Like 2

I'm probably as high as anyone on the draft picks this year but specifically Jalen. I'll feel better after a few summer league game if he shows out but in my convoluted self GM plan, I see them gauging Jalen at the trade deadline and decide if its okay to trade away Gallo at that time. If he isn't what they think he is right away, they hold Gallo till the end of the season and refocus their efforts next draft/off season.

• Like 4

Good signing. Collins is a integral part to the Hawks starting five. He plays PF/C interchangeably as his coach needs him. He improved his help defense this year. He also played a lesser roll and displayed a team first attitude.

This is good for both parties!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Sometimes I outthink myself

That’s not even possible. To outthink yourself would require you to momentarily be smarter than yourself which in your case isn’t a feasible feat. For you sir are..

image.gif.c6ab4043c03ec267e6e4f67bb722d1cb.gif

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, thecampster said:

"The average value of Collins' new deal is $25 million. His base salary for the 2021-22 season will be $21.6 million."

https://sports.yahoo.com/ap-source-john-collins-stays-173205065.html

Boo. Ascending 😠

• Sad 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, sturt said:

Wonder why Schlenk wanted the discount this season.

But/and if it's true that JC's getting 8% raises, that means $135m total.

That would contradict every report.  Agree it is head scratching why they would not push as much salary into this season as possible or at least go flat.