• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

8/4 UPDATE: Collins to sign $125 million deal with the Hawks per Woj

timebomb

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

25 mil flat isn't awful if the cap goes up substantially in two years 

Yep. And I think ascending even works, too. 

This has been a SOLID off-season. I've enjoyed reading the scoops, too.

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, dalamchops said:

if it's frontloaded or flat, the way salary cap is moving up, it'll be easy to move in 3 years if we have to.

I'm starting to get the impression that there are more fan that don't like Collins on this message board and would like nothing more than to get rid of the guy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Next off season will be interesting.  The Hawks will have three big contracts which they can potentially move off of as Kevin Heurter is coming due.  Gallo, Boggy, and Clint are guys who could be moved after the up coming season, though Gallo could still get moved this year.  

Why are we talking about getting rid of these guys when they were so important to our run this year?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, swanlee said:

Why are we talking about getting rid of these guys when they were so important to our run this year?

Cause they were primarily important because of injury.  If Hunter was healthy, then Hunter and Cam would have been main contributors

Glad he’s back and paid.  He has a +10 rating in his regular season career, duplicated it in the playoffs.  $25 mil per is perfect for an ultra-efficient eFG shooter and lively teammate who doesn’t need the ball and should become at least a neutral box defender next season, hopefully off the strength of his blocks returning to 1.6 per.  Welcome back lil bro let’s take these rings.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

Quick math comparison of the last two years to flat $25M:

$26.7M

$28.5M

Nothing too crazy.

Is this for real? We know the numbers for flat and he can't be on a descending deal since he has a PO.

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

JC is Dennis.

:indifferent:

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

This is a very powerful opening.

:indifferent:

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

How did I go from the guy looking to trade for Melo yesterday, to the level-headed 'voice of reason' today? 🤨

:popcorm1:

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

I think 25 per year is a solid deal for the Hawks. I'd say it's a slight overpay but definitely worth it considering the opportunity cost and available alternatives.

They didn't have to give him a max and he got to test free agency and let the market dictate his worth to him. If he has any issues with it, it can't be with the front office.

His contract should only increase in value as the cap rises and his play improves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Is this for real? We know the numbers for flat and he can't be on a descending deal since he has a PO.

That's based on the customary 8% raises. 

FYI, it can be descending, just not in the last year of the deal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, swanlee said:

Mainly because they are older players who are on short term contracts, and the team has young talent that is developing at a fast rate behind them who will be coming due for new contracts once these are off the books.