• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

8/4 UPDATE: Collins to sign $125 million deal with the Hawks per Woj

timebomb

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Mainly because they are older players who are on short term contracts, and the team has young talent that is developing at a fast rate behind them who will be coming due for new contracts once these are off the books.  

Not only that but Hunter is already better and more valuable to the team when healthy that either of those two.  Huerter is also coming.

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

John Collins is such a greedy madafcker. We draft him, groom him to be the player he is today and he is yanking our chains with this contract signing bs. Overrated tweener a$$ redundant piece. Ahhh who the hell needs him! We got a deep team. If he wants to go to a crappier team then let’s just let him go. GOOD RIDDANCE YOU PIECE O..

Whisper: {Spud he signed the max 5/125 with us this morning} 

Well this is awkward.

WELCOME BACK JOHNNY!!!!! You are the heart 💜 and soul of our team and we couldna had the great run we had this past season without ya! John Collins is the best thing since sliced bread 🍞.

:upsidedown:

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47jgpxvrmf48ci67g67s

Clever ones'll be all ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e471oliq8mseyc5i5hfbc

The rest'll be ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e471oliq8mseyc5i5hfbc

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Goner?

... traded for Melo?

🤔

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Goner?

Dunno. But I've been persuaded by someone with better insight than I would ever have that it's still plausible.

Add to that, Schultz stated outright yesterday in his article that he was aware that there is another shoe that could drop. Is that this? Is that Cam? Is that signing LouWill or other? Only he knows.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Now that it's official I can finally gloat. Been saying 24-26mil avg per year all season long. Nailed it.

That was always the sweet spot for him. Not a Max, that was never going to happen, which is why I never worried or felt the need to get butthurt.

Glad everything worked out

JC wanted 30 per, Hawks wanted a little over 20 per, and they settled on 25. I'm happy he got paid, but how are we going to afford Kevin, Cam and Dre? Kevin could get Duncan Robinson money, 5 year/90 million. Yikes. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

JC wanted 30 per, Hawks wanted a little over 20 per, and they settled on 25. I'm happy he got paid, but how are we going to afford Kevin, Cam and Dre? Kevin could get Duncan Robinson money, 5 year/90 million. Yikes. 

We're not going to be able to afford them all, even Ressler has admitted that in interviews with Kirschner.  As much as everyone cries out against "consolidating", that's exactly what we're going to have to do sooner than later.  Heurter is probably close to Duncan money but he's not as good of a shooter and guys who are elite at their role get paid a premium.  Heurter is more well rounded but not elite at anything.  I think he's worth $12-15M/year but I tend to be off on the low side for most guys -- thought Collins would be around $23M.  And I definitely didn't think Jimmy Butler was worth $46M per.  

As much as I want to extend Heurter, I really think we have to continue to be hard bargainers if we want to keep the squad together.  Heurter is a really great candidate for a team to "overpay" but I hope we extend him before that's a possibility next summer.

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

We're not going to be able to afford them all, even Ressler has admitted that in interviews with Kirschner.  As much as everyone cries out against "consolidating", that's exactly what we're going to have to do sooner than later.  Heurter is probably close to Duncan money but he's not as good of a shooter and guys who are elite at their role get paid a premium.  Heurter is more well rounded but not elite at anything.  I think he's worth $12-15M/year but I tend to be off on the low side for most guys -- thought Collins would be around $23M.  And I definitely didn't think Jimmy Butler was worth $46M per.  

As much as I want to extend Heurter, I really think we have to continue to be hard bargainers if we want to keep the squad together.  Heurter is a really great candidate for a team to "overpay" but I hope we extend him before that's a possibility next summer.

For Kevin, Cam and Dre, this coming year will be a big one. I think we kinda know what we have in Kevin. For Dre and Cam, it's about getting healthy. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, JeffS17 said:

sooner than later

Depends on your definition of "sooner" and "later."

Looking at the 21-22 inventory, we're good.

Looking at the 22-23 inventory and assuming we lose Gallo, we're good... but even if we didn't, assuming we win a title in 21-22, Ressler has said he's good with paying tax in that circumstance.

So, I'm looking at the 2023 off-season before we really have to get seriously concerned, and even that is only if we find that we've struck gold on both Dre and Cam. The likelihood of that, or even of merely one of them being worth max money is still not something any of us would want to bet a house payment on.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, sturt said:

Looking at the 22-23 inventory and assuming we lose Gallo, we're good... but even if we didn't, assuming we win a title in 21-22, Ressler has said he's good with paying tax in that circumstance.

So, I'm looking at the 2023 off-season before we really have to get seriously concerned, and even that is only if we find that we've struck gold on both Dre and Cam. The likelihood of that, or even of merely one of them being worth max money is still not something any of us would want to bet a house payment on.

Yeah 2 summers from now is when we have to make the tough decisions (assuming we haven't made moves before then).  I'm biased that we will be crunched because I'm so high on both Cam and Hunter!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Cause they were primarily important because of injury.  If Hunter was healthy, then Hunter and Cam would have been main contributors

We are always going to have injuries and keeping these guys gives us a much more versatile lineup that enables more rest for other players when needed. Just not sure why some people first reaction is to try and dismantle the team and play monopoly with the money on more risky players.

Not my money, I don't care, keep them all as long as you can.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sturt said:

You don't have to strike gold to get paid in the NBA. Kevin is a solid player, maybe a starter, maybe a rotation guy you bring in off the bench. He could easily be a 15+ per guy next summer. He could get Duncan Robinson money. Heat fans thought they could get him at 10 to 12 per, nope.

• Like 1