2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I get that Bogi has been bad this year but he's damn good.  we've seen it.   when fully healthy he's probably much better than anyone we could realistically replace him with at this deadline. 

yes, we'll always remember those 20 something games at the end of the regular season last year when he was good.   It definitely didn't carry over to the playoffs.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I get that Bogi has been bad this year but he's damn good.  we've seen it.   when fully healthy he's probably much better than anyone we could realistically replace him with at this deadline. 

BogBog has a lot of pride. The good kind of pride where he really believes he's the best guy on the court, but he's not the only best guy on the court... and where he's genuinely bothered when he's not out there performing at his best, because he does feel he owes it to his team and its fans that they expect that out of him.

I distinctly remember watching the interviews with him last postseason when he said as much, recalling the torture it was for him to be a new guy with a big salary, but wasting away on the bench for so much of the start of the season.

Think you're smart to hold on to a guy like that for as long as you possibly can because you know he's capable of high-end performance, a reputation that he's built even before arriving in ATL, or even before arriving in the US.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

BR has done it again

Boston Celtics Receive:

PF John Collins

Atlanta Hawks Receive:

G Marcus Smart
G/F Josh Richardson

The Celtics and Hawks have both underachieved this season, yet they could help each other address weaknesses.

Boston desperately needs shooting (34.0 percent from three, 22nd overall), while Atlanta (113.4 defensive rating, 27th overall) could use anyone who can get stops.

A Collins-Smart-based package makes too much sense for both teams.

Collins would slide into the starting power forward role between Jayson Tatum and Robert Williams III and is eighth overall in three-point shooting (42.6 percent) this season. He's giving the Hawks 17.0 points and 7.9 rebounds per game and is in the first season of a five-year, $125 million deal.

The Hawks get Smart to put in the backcourt next to Trae Young, giving them a tandem on opposite sides of the defensive spectrum. Smart is still an elite on-ball defender when he wants to be, and his playmaking ability would allow Young to play off ball more and spot up from three.

Atlanta also acquires Richardson, a good defensive wing who's hitting 39.8 percent of his threes this season. A Hawks starting lineup of Young, Smart, Bogdan Bogdanovic, De'Andre Hunter and Clint Capela suddenly looks pretty good defensively, especially with Richardson coming off the bench.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2952701-panic-trades-for-nbas-fringe-playoff-hopefuls

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

It didn't?  That's not how i remember it.  

He had more bad games than good games in the playoffs.  By my count , 8 decent games and 10 bad games.   definitely didn't carry over what he was doing at the end of the regular season.      I know, I know, he was supposedly injured.  Did he have surgery?  I don't recall him having surgery.     Where I come from, if it didn't result in a surgery you weren't really injured.

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Another addition to the bench.. He can replace Knox.. Dont force him back into the starting lineup Nate...They're playing well right now.... The bench has been playing well too though.. May not want to mess with that unit right now either..  Glad he's healthy though...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

The Hawks' opponent tomorrow (Sacramento Kings) only scored 30 points in the first half against Boston tonight!

Theyre down 55 points.. Wow.. They might be a little motivated tomorrow night.. 

Not a good night for us.. Charlotte lost(which hurts our draft pick)

Celtics, Wizards, and Raptors win which hurts us in the standings...

We just have to keep winning.........................

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

That Hunter injury is concerning.  I need him healthy for the Celtics and Lakers. 

I'm hoping since 'it's the Kings' who got beat by 53, we rest him. I say that....reverse jinx, reverse jinx.