• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Spud’s rankings :preved:

note: contains scrub hate :sarcastic:

2C62F8B0-9F10-4415-B26B-C3900B850855.jpeg

I was bored lol

Are those your rankings for how good they are as players or how much you would want their jersey?  I'm guessing the latter.

• Haha 1

Let me get this straight, we are going to give Knox the opportunity to backup JC at PF, but not JJ?

Knox, who has done nothing in his career, and who is a 6-7 SF, and who was traded for our backup SF is getting the opportunity ahead of the high upside PF that we drafted with our 1st round pick?

Even if this is just an excuse to justify the trade, it still stinks because the protected 1st round pick that we got in the deal is likely going to be lower than the pick we used on JJ, who we already refuse to let get playing time.

So, not only did we lose Cam in the trade, but we are bumping JJ down on the depth chart as a result. Got it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, AHF said:

Are those your rankings for how good they are as players or how much you would want their jersey?  I'm guessing the latter.

No it’s based on who I would start my franchise with today. Again, factor the stash brothers as hate. :sarcastic:Maybe Tatum a bit too cuz he’s a Celt but I honestly think he’s overrated.

ps I don’t buy non Hawk jerseys..

pps Ok doesn’t mean I don’t own them, gift from Boston Antoine Walker jersey in 98, gift from Minny a kg jersey in 2000, Clippers Dominque jersey mail ordered in 1993-4 (delayed 2 months and they send me a Clipper one without even asking me..)

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Let me get this straight, we are going to give Knox the opportunity to backup JC at PF, but not JJ?

Knox, who has done nothing in his career, and who is a 6-7 SF, and who was traded for our backup SF is getting the opportunity ahead of the high upside PF that we drafted with our 1st round pick?

Even if this is just an excuse to justify the trade, it still stinks because the protected 1st round pick that we got in the deal is likely going to be lower than the pick we used on JJ, who we already refuse to let get playing time.

So, not only did we lose Cam in the trade, but we are bumping JJ down on the depth chart as a result. Got it.

I have the same thoughts. 

30 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Zion lookin' at that list like ...

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47n9s7in39szmauvyq9

Ok, that was wrong.  Self-ban

@kg01 hey my friend a rocket 🚀 fan wants to know where the first 🚀 jersey ranks, I said #30 probably Jalen Green. He said he would have considered Wood 🪵 (:sarcastic:) but that he might get traded and it’s a volatile situation. I’d love to see him in a 🪵 jersey. I need to consult with our in house 🏠 insider @Sothron. What up Sothy, heard anything about the Rockets 🚀 Wood 🪵? The purchase of an epic jersey is at stake here? What are we talkin here, 50/50? 40/60? He’s older than the rest of the rockets but prolly their 2nd best player. I can see them going either way in this thing. 🎤 Soth ..

37 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@kg01 hey my friend a rocket 🚀 fan wants to know where the first 🚀 jersey ranks, I said #30 probably Jalen Green. He said he would have considered Wood 🪵 (:sarcastic:) but that he might get traded and it’s a volatile situation. I’d love to see him in a 🪵 jersey. I need to consult with our in house 🏠 insider @Sothron. What up Sothy, heard anything about the Rockets 🚀 Wood 🪵? The purchase of an epic jersey is at stake here? What are we talkin here, 50/50? 40/60? He’s older than the rest of the rockets but prolly their 2nd best player. I can see them going either way in this thing. 🎤 Soth ..

I don't have any real insider info on him just a month old conversation about guys that were available and his name was on that list.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, kg01 said:

PeliCan'ts come thru.  Knicks are bad.  Hate that they have our number, reg season.

On another note, sounds like PaulSap is available in BKN.  I'd be all for it if he wasn't clearly done-zo. 

Knicks fans were booing the team all through out the game... 

Its not gonna get any easier if they continue to lose.....

That might be the worse place possible for Cam..

He would be better off in a place like Detroit...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya I’ve always loved Sap. Top 10 Hawk of all time for me. But I don’t think he has anything left I could be wrong, if he has another level, I haven’t seen it when I watched Nets games. I hope he gets with a west contender. Id say bring him here as coach next year if he retires and want a position. Would be nice to have him mentor Collins as they missed each other by a year. Collins needs some of Sap’s footwork and lil push shots around the hoop. 

JC...

magic-johnson-earvin-johnson.gif.38e6f818697ad3181150bd0bdf857573.gif

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

No it’s based on who I would start my franchise with today. Again, factor the stash brothers as hate. :sarcastic:Maybe Tatum a bit too cuz he’s a Celt but I honestly think he’s overrated.

ps I don’t buy non Hawk jerseys..

pps Ok doesn’t mean I don’t own them, gift from Boston Antoine Walker jersey in 98, gift from Minny a kg jersey in 2000, Clippers Dominque jersey mail ordered in 1993-4 (delayed 2 months and they send me a Clipper one without even asking me..)

Agreed on Tatum.. That dunk on LBJ in the playoffs during his rookie season, really had people thinking he was the next Kobe.. lol

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Lame ass management