• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Question for anyone that's not an insider since I know them guys' existence is tenuous right now ...

So there's a report that SAC is pursuing Simmons, Sabonis, and/or Turner.  And there's a report that they've told Fox he's not being shopped.

Well, not all of that can be true.  Or they're just offering crap packages to teams.

Am I missing something?

Let's see if we can be the third team in a trade and get Barnes.

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Go! Go Brandon, Go, Go! Go Brandon, Go, Go!

(Rondo: "Yeah, how 'bout, Let's NOT Go, Brandon?")

~lw3

He sucks.  There's a reason he was known as Brandon BadLoss at my house.  That reason is I'm very immature, but that's besides the point.  Badloss still sucks.  As does Bozoman Hill and TLCan't hit the broad side of a barn.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Usual suspects on the list then there’s @JayBirdHawk’s boy 👦 

“You’re a real Zubac you know that?“ :eyebrow: :ninja: :laugh1:

41769273-CBD0-4356-A61F-123AE347037B.jpeg

Equating a Points/Assist double double with Points/Rebounds is just wrong imo.  Defensive rebounds (which is 90% of them) are majority uncontested in today's nba.    An assist equates to 2 or 3 points each. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Somewhere last month i predicted BG would be better than Rondo.  That's not saying much i know.   

that's like saying you prefer a bowl of dog poo to a plate of dog poo

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Equating a Points/Assist double double with Points/Rebounds is just wrong imo.  Defensive rebounds (which is 90% of them) are majority uncontested in today's nba.    An assist equates to 2 or 3 points each. 

Wait what? I thought these were legit 30/10 guys from last night. No?

• Premium Member

If you look at the upcoming schedule we have some very winnable games coming up.    If we are going to make a run to get out of this rut now is the time to do it.  8 of the next 11 are at home.  Need to go at least 7-4 over that stretch.     That brings us to 3 games under .500 and at least within striking distance of .500 with another solid run.

• Like 2

I don't even know how to interpret this statement. I think these trade rumors are really affecting John on the court. He's not his usual tough finishing self out there and he's been missing his threes the past few games.  Could just be normal fluctuation in a season or could be mental fatigue. 

The trade deadline can't get here quick enough. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I don't even know how to interpret this statement. I think these trade rumors are really affecting John on the court. He's not his usual tough finishing self out there and he's been missing his threes the past few games.  Could just be normal fluctuation in a season or could be mental fatigue. 

Not gonna lie, majority of players wouldn't be as willing as JC to stay with a team that consistently has them in trade rumors while also feeling unappreciated by his coaching staff. Managing your ego can be tiring, especially when its easy to hear the wrong things many people are telling him. 

Most would have adopted an "It is what it is" attitude at this point and phone it in, especially after being paid. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Not gonna lie, majority of players wouldn't be as willing as JC to stay with a team that consistently has them in trade rumors while also feeling unappreciated by his coaching staff. Managing your ego can be tiring, especially when its easy to hear the wrong things many people are telling him. 

Most would have adopted an "It is what it is" attitude at this point and phone it in, especially after being paid. 

That’s a darn good point that most overlook, I kinda did till you said it. :eyebrow:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

What statement? Did he say something?