• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

This is interesting, guys on their phones at halftime???

Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr visited The Problem With Jon Stewart Podcast in which he revealed how widespread technologies are among the players. “These guys have their phones on their fingertips, they got criticism and judgment coming their way every single minute. When I do walk in at halftime of every game, every guy is on his phone,” Kerr revealed. “At halftime!?” Stewart asked in shock. “Yes,” Kerr confirmed it. “As soon as I walk in, generally, they put their phones down. I talked to my fellow coaches, it’s league-wide. By the way, if you try to be a coach in 2021, saying ‘No phones in the locker room!’, you’re done.”

via BasketNews

Guys worrying about what people are saying on Twitter, smh. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is interesting, guys on their phones at halftime???

Guys worrying about what people are saying on Twitter, smh. 

So just imagine a guy like Trae, who we know is very active on social media, checking his notifications.  He sees all of the criticism and praise being thrown his way.  And he may be seeing all of the criticism about his coach.

Nate might have to ask Ressler to cut off arena Wi-fi and call all of the cell phone companies to have like a 15 minute data blackout during halftime of Hawks home games.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So just imagine a guy like Trae, who we know is very active on social media, checking his notifications.  He sees all of the criticism and praise being thrown his way.  And he may be seeing all of the criticism about his coach.

Nate might have to ask Ressler to cut off arena Wi-fi and call all of the cell phone companies to have like a 15 minute data blackout during halftime of Hawks home games.

Or maybe just have a cellphone locker where phones a stored once they are heading put unto the floor and access is after the game? 😆 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

Any of you guys tried this or will try this?

The National Basketball Association is offering virtual courtside seats on Meta’s $299 Oculus Quest 2 devices. The headsets were one of the most popular Christmas gifts in 2021, showing that people seem to be more willing than ever to give virtual reality a try. And businesses are trying to keep your eyeballs on their content by creating VR versions of their apps and games. The NBA experience is free and available on Meta’s Horizon Venues platform, which is a free software download for the Oculus headset. People appear as digital avatars, sort of like cartoon versions of their real selves, and watch an NBA game from a courtside perspective. It’s not Jack Nicholson’s Los Angeles Lakers seat at Crypto.com Arena or Spike Lee’s seat at Madison Square Garden, but it almost replicates the real thing.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is going to be another big test for Onyeka going up against Giannis and Portis. I just wish he would stop fouling so much because he leaves an impact whenever he's on the court. 

• Like 1