2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Bud is turning in to a real POS

Look at what he just did with his own player Matthews. Inexcusable 

This is crazy to me, he's hobbling around like an injured deer and everyone on that coaching staff, the bucks players on the floor, and the other team just watching him hobble around with no care in the world

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

This is crazy to me, he's hobbling around like an injured deer and everyone on that coaching staff, the bucks players on the floor, and the other team just watching him hobble around with no care in the world

2 full offensive AND defensive possessions. He could barely stand up straight let alone hobble through running up and back twice.

No teammate intentionally fouled, no timeout was burned until it was really too late to matter. That's just really poor class if you ask me.

• Like 2

Go Cavs, Pelicans Thunder annnnnnnd Jazz, to leave us with the longest win streak in the league. 

Where’s that Theodore “Blue” Edwards jersey when I need it. Dang. :scratch:

I can’t lie I kinda dug the Bucks rebuild back in the day with Blue, and the Arkansas picks Day and Mayberry. Thought it would have worked out better for them.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

They need to keep him out until he's 100%!  The one thing that is 100% Bogi is very limited if he's playing injured. 

Agreed. He needs to sit until he can be what he was late last season. There's no reason for him to play injured and be a liability on both ends. There's definitely a change in how the medical staff is doing things after the shakeup. They were super cautious last season. Even when a player did return, there was a gradual return with incremental minutes restrictions. I was surprised when Cam was allowed to return after he sprained his ankle a few weeks ago. No way that would happen last season.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I hope so!  or I should say 

why-not-both-why-not.gif

In the seven games Hunter has played since his return, the Hawks have looked noticeably better. His perimeter defense, in particular, is a key reason Atlanta is looking like the team it was projected as the season started. Against Charlotte, the Hornets shot 2 of 12 and coughed up three turnovers in the plays Hunter was directly involved in, according to Synergy Sports.

“His ability to guard the one, two, three, four position — we started him on (LaMelo) Ball to stay in front of him,” McMillan said. “I thought he did a really good job of containing him. He certainly helps us because he can help establish the type of defense that we want to play. I think Kevin (Huerter) and Trae (Young) are doing a better job of stepping up and guarding their man. The whole unit has really changed their mindset as far as playing on the defensive end of the floor. We’re playing with a lot more urgency on the defensive end of the floor. We’re more connected on the defensive end of the floor. This is something we have to build off of.”......

...........He’s now taking shots that flow within the offense and is back to being a dog defensively against opposing teams’ best perimeter players, which is exactly what his role should be.

“I take a lot of pride in it,” Hunter said of guarding teams’ No. 1 offensive options. “It’s my job for the team. That’s what I’m here to do, is play defense. Whoever I’m guarding, whoever it is, I’m trying to win that matchup.”

• Like 3