• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would KAT fit with the Hawks?

Spud2nique

Would KAT fit with the Hawks  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Would KAT fit with the Hawks

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/10/2022 at 08:03 AM

My earlier post might have been misleading. There's no way I'm trading John Collins and Cam Reddish for KAT. I only said that KAT and Trae would be wonderful together on offense and horrendous on defense. I like KAT but I don't think he's  a winning player.

On 1/7/2022 at 3:01 AM, Spud2nique said:

That’s who I thought as soon as I read it too. You’ve been quiet this year @hazer hope all is well man. 

All good, just busy starting up a couple of new ventures 👏 

image.gif.37653b22b78cb8fdb385318e971698db.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 3 months later...

Wow Towns looks awful in this important play in game! I mean he’s looking flat out terrible! 
Edward’s is showing up and looking like the star while Towns is bricking everything and has 4 fouls in the first half.

I’m starting to wonder if Towns really has what it takes to be impactful when it matters . Right now he’s getting locked down everywhere on the floor .

if he was here in Atlanta with Trae and played like this I’d be so torn right now! I understand Trae would make things easier for him but towns really look like trash right now.

I’d never want this version of KAT…physical play seems to be really getting to him.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, JTB said:

Wow Towns looks awful in this important play in game! I mean he’s looking flat out terrible! 
Edward’s is showing up and looking like the star while Towns is bricking everything and has 4 fouls in the first half.

I’m starting to wonder if Towns really has what it takes to be impactful when it matters . Right now he’s getting locked down everywhere on the floor .

if he was here in Atlanta with Trae and played like this I’d be so torn right now! I understand Trae would make things easier for him but towns really look like trash right now.

I’d never want this version of KAT…physical play seems to be really getting to him.

Yeah seriously, he looks terrible! He keeps getting the ball at the 3 point line or top of the key and can't do anything with it. What's up with your boy @Sothron?

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Trae had an abysmal game 7 against Philly that gets forgotten because we won. Any player can have a bad game. 

not quite.  It also gets forgotten because in the last 5 minutes of that game Trae played great.    KAT is no Trae.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And it's not 'just one game'.  His last foray into the playoffs was similar.

His last playoff experience was kind of weird.  He was 21 and 12 in the regular season and was 15 and 13 in the playoffs.  In the regular season, the team was a 3 headed attack of KAT, Butler and Wiggins (somehow Wiggins chucked up significantly more shots despite being by far the least effective).  In the playoffs, KAT took the 3rd most shots and the team was pretty balanced with their top 6 shooting 68 times (Wiggins), 63 times (Butler), 60 times (KAT), 57 times (Rose), 51 times (Teague) and 47 times (Crawford).  KAT did carry the load on the boards for the team that series.

Yesterday was KAT's worst game across the board.  They will need him to step up if they want to find success in the playoffs.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Thank goodness Twolves won.   They should have gotten a bye to tbh. 

Can you imagine if they lost and then were potentially eliminated from the playoffs by the Pels or Spurs?  They finished 10 and 12 games ahead of those 2 teams.  To have such a good season and then get derailed by 2 games would have sucked. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
Just now, macdaddy said:

Thank goodness Twolves won.   They should have gotten a bye to tbh. 

Can you imagine if they lost and then were potentially eliminated from the playoffs by the Pels or Spurs?  They finished 10 and 12 games ahead of those 2 teams.  To have such a good season and then get derailed by 2 games would have sucked. 

I don't like that about the current playoff structure at all.  That would be ridiculous and in a one game format it absolutely will happen if they continue without anything to recognize sizable gaps in wins.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't like that about the current playoff structure at all.  That would be ridiculous and in a one game format it absolutely will happen if they continue without anything to recognize sizable gaps in wins.

Only 8 should be up for grabs.  Scalabrine laid out a nice plan.  7-seed is in.  8 gets a bye.  9 and 10 seed play for the right to play 8.  Winner of 8 vs 9/10 gets in.

And even then, teams x-amount of games back should be disqualified from it.

• Like 4

Just now, kg01 said:

Only 8 should be up for grabs.  Scalabrine laid out a nice plan.  7-seed is in.  8 gets a bye.  9 and 10 seed play for the right to play 8.  Winner of 8 vs 9/10 gets in.

And even then, teams x-amount of games back should be disqualified from it.

I like this more. 7 earns it. Yes! Scal for President! 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, shakes said:

not quite.  It also gets forgotten because in the last 5 minutes of that game Trae played great.    KAT is no Trae.

He shot 5-23 and if it wasn't for Huerter going off for a career game Hawks get smoked. Point is if we judge a player based off of one game, regardless of the magnitutde of that one game, it isn't going to be necessarily fair or prove anything. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, AHF said:

Yes, but any team with that gap should be able to handle business at home in 1 out of two games against terrible teams. 

The exception would be a team like perhaps Cleveland, who is reeling big time as we head into the playoffs, and if they miss the playoffs... good, a better team will be there instead. I actually really like this format imo. I think they really nailed it. The regular season was more competitive 1-10 in the east than any point in history, and now the Hawks and Hornets, two hot and exciting teams that would have otherwise been eliminated get a chance to sneak in. 

• Like 1