• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We Gonna Talk About It ... New 2nd Unit

kg01

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

So the things you didn't acknowledge:

1.  You don't think that our second team knows their roles a lot better since the trade?

2.  You don't think that Wright has played better since the trade?

I want you to see that you came in very defense about the acknowledgement game.   None of these questions mentioned Cam or blamed Cam.  I just wanted to set a baseline for what we can agree about.   Looking at Wright's stats can easily prove if he has played better or not.  And the eye test can show if our second team knows their roles a lot better or not. 

And I highlighted your statement there's a lot of change because that could vaguely answer if the team became better instantaneously...  But it's so vague that it can't be assigned. 

Now, let's look back at the things you didn't acknowledge.  Can you acknowledge them or do you still think that they are not true?

I hate when you do this shit because if you read my first post, you will get the answer to your damn question. Asking me multiple times just pisses me off because you are basically poking a bear. Poke a bear if you want till it bites your ass.

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I hate when you do this shit because if you read my first post, you will get the answer to your damn question. Asking me multiple times just pisses me off because you are basically poking a bear. Poke a bear if you want till it bites your ass.

You first answer had a lot of BS about Cam and it was a lot of Cam protecting and none of these questions have to do with Cam.  Just assume my thought is that Knox has made us better... Can you answer the question without pulling some Cam excuse out of your ass then?

Your defensiveness makes it very difficult to know what exactly you think about the second team.  If I have to read...

But Cam blaming this

and Cam Blaming that. 

And Cam wasn't this and Cam wasn't that...

How am I suppose to pull an answer about the second team from that... that's a freaking excuse for Cam.  This aint about Cam. 

Or have you forgot that Many of us Liked Cam too??

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

You first answer had a lot of BS about Cam and it was a lot of Cam protecting and none of these questions have to do with Cam.  Just assume my thought is that Knox has made us better... Can you answer the question without pulling some Cam excuse out of your ass then?

Your defensiveness makes it very difficult to know what exactly you think about the second team.  If I have to read...

But Cam blaming this

and Cam Blaming that. 

How am I suppose to pull an answer about the second team from that... that's a freaking excuse for Cam.  This aint about Cam. 

BS? You highkey trolling right now

@kg01, is this the purpose of your thread? To troll?

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, Diesel said:

But Cam blaming this

and Cam Blaming that. 

Dang. Diesel putting experienced trial attorneys to shame with his cross-examination of Supes.

tenor.gif

Edited by niremetal
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member

As we address the 2nd Unit, 

I think it's important that we first come to some type of agreement about what we're seeing in the 2nd unit.   Such as I said in my statement to Supes... I could suggest that the 2nd Units success is due to the addition of Knox.  I've seen the 3 on 3 videos from practice even before Knox got to play in a game.  Knox was running with the 2nd team and drenched with sweat.... running hard.  He's a guy with a motor.

Establishing some basic truths about what we observe can help us define what's causing all of this.

I believe that the players are inspired by having a hard worker like Knox on the team.   That's one factor. 

The other factor is that I believe that Travis has put a fear into our guys.   Our guys like playing with each other.  You saw that last year.   You have heard it from Gallo and even JC.  Guys want to be here.  When Travis traded Cam and Solo... and Koonin came out and said more trades are on the way...  Guys were motivated to do their best.   Plus... they look over and see Knox working harder than any Hawk has ever worked and there you have it.

The two things that have caused this team to unify.

Knox and Travis. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

As we address the 2nd Unit, 

I think it's important that we first come to some type of agreement about what we're seeing in the 2nd unit.   Such as I said in my statement to Supes... I could suggest that the 2nd Units success is due to the addition of Knox.  I've seen the 3 on 3 videos from practice even before Knox got to play in a game.  Knox was running with the 2nd team and drenched with sweat.... running hard.  He's a guy with a motor.

Establishing some basic truths about what we observe can help us define what's causing all of this.

I believe that the players are inspired by having a hard worker like Knox on the team.   That's one factor. 

The other factor is that I believe that Travis has put a fear into our guys.   Our guys like playing with each other.  You saw that last year.   You have heard it from Gallo and even JC.  Guys want to be here.  When Travis traded Cam and Solo... and Koonin came out and said more trades are on the way...  Guys were motivated to do their best.   Plus... they look over and see Knox working harder than any Hawk has ever worked and there you have it.

The two things that have caused this team to unify.

Knox and Travis. 

and nachos.  Nothing brings people together like sharing nachos!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, thecampster said:

but also remember

How could anyone forget. It's been practically the only thing yours truly ever posts about for the last several weeks.

Unless of course people just see glow-eyed Schlenk and pass those posts by... that's certainly plausible... hehe.

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Same. Hoping he can show his talents elsewhere. 

I feel the same way.  I want it to look like the Hawks won the trade but I don't want to root against the kid.  But I can't root for the Nix.

I need a soth consult for how to do this rootin' for other teams thing.

• Like 3

Just now, kg01 said:

I feel the same way.  I want it to look like the Hawks won the trade but I don't want to root against the kid.  But I can't root for the Nix.

I need a soth consult for how to do this rootin' for other teams thing.

I got an idea, hear me out. The Nix trade him to the Pacers, Lloyd becomes their head coach and they face us in the eastern conference finals in 2024. We’ll call it, the Lloyd and Cam show! :indifferent:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Simple. Pull for the other team every game the play except when they play the Hawks. Its like I tell my other side hustles, hey baby, you don't get wrapped up in feels. We both know what this is and let's just enjoy it. No need to get upset about what can't be. Just be glad we got what is. 

But where they are in the standings impacts the Hawks so why do I want to see them win?

And, regarding the bolded ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47glk9mmiv130o2slq4t

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, thecampster said:

but seriously, I believe that chemistry has a good bit to do with it but also remember we spent half of December/January in Hunter injury/Covid hell. It was really hard to put anything together when we had up to 10 people out with injuries/Covid at the same time.

The most interesting thing.... Is something I noted the other day...

We had Lance to make them dance and we sat him like for 3 games (Games from day 7 to 10).  He goes to Indy... and  he has been their lead scorer in a few games.  I'm like Damn.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

I'm gonna have to disagree here. The biggest reason for our turn around is Hunter returning from injury and finding his groove. Also OO making a difference on defense. 

That may be true for winning but this thread is about the 2nd Unit. 

IMHO.. Since the trade, Our 2nd unit has been more cohesive than our first unit. I've talk about the other guys (Lon and Lou). well, They both have improved their games and are playing very good.   I have seen where the 1st Unit is getting us blown out and the 2nd Unit comes in and puts us back in the game.   And it hasnt changed with OO in or OO out.    One thing that can be said is that our 2nd Unit plays against the other team's  2nd unit.   We can say that, but it's not true.  Our 2nd Unit just gets it... right now.

Knox + Travis = 2nd Unit improvement. 

• Like 1