• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We Gonna Talk About It ... New 2nd Unit

kg01

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Same. Hoping he can show his talents elsewhere. 

Yall got to remember... He's playing for Thibbs.  Thibbs is the worst developer of talent ever.  He should have requested a trade to S.A. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Yall got to remember... He's playing for Thibbs.  Thibbs is the worst developer of talent ever.  He should have requested a trade to S.A. 

That's truly a trade partner I would have been more interested in, for what it matters... but while I'm sure SA wouldn't have hesitated to part with Young, they likely weren't willing to do a 1st that Schlenk found adequate.

One thing that has come up with all this is that our team is VERY VERY delicate when it comes to team chemistry. When things are working we are one of the best in the league but when something is off we are one of the worst. We need to gain some experience and stability where we can handle some off team chemistry without collapsing.

This very well be that we are just young and need to age a bit to be more resilient.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Sadly (for Cam), I think he's about to learn a lesson in the grass not always being greener on the other side of the fence.

I think, if he makes it, it'll be with his next team.

Just like Knox... Cam is flawed too.  Two players with high potential but also flawed.. and didn't stay in school long enough to address them. 

With Cam though, he has had the benefit of good coaching to help him with his flaws.  What we've learned about Cam is that he will be a high usage player if he's ever going to be a star.  Like Tracy McGrady... he's going to need lots of touches and an offense that caters to him.  He's not going to get that with Thibbs.  What I know is that Thibbs loves those defensive minded players that he has (Grimes, Burkes).   So Cam is going to have to prove himself on the defensive side of the ball to get PT from Thibbs.  I think he can do it but his growth is going to be slower in NY. 

For as much as Supes Cries over the trading of Cam... the truth is that Cam couldn't have co-existed with Trae. 

Trae is responsible for a lot of our total offense. Cam was never going to get the amount of touches he needs playing with Trae even though Trae is one of the best assist men in the game.  Trae doesn't need a high usage wing.   Trae needs a bunch of Duncan Robinsons!!  That's why we got Bogi. 

Cam would do well to sit under Derrick Rose and Learn how to play basketball in a team setting.   Because even if NY trades Randle, Cam wont be the man there until he learns team play.   BUt if Randle stays.. I doubt Cam will mature. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

Simple. Pull for the other team every game the play except when they play the Hawks. Its like I tell my other side hustles, hey baby, you don't get wrapped up in feels. We both know what this is and let's just enjoy it. No need to get upset about what can't be. Just be glad we got what is. 

I love how Soth went about it like he’s reading straight out of the “root for multiple teams” handbook :laugh1: :laugh1: I’m dead  🤣 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Diesel said:

We had Lance to make them dance and we sat him like for 3 games (Games from day 7 to 10).  He goes to Indy... and  he has been their lead scorer in a few games.  I'm like Damn.

That was a design by us. We knew Lance could and we knew Cam could.. Schlenk said from day 1, do it the right way and don’t skip steps. Allowing Lance or Cam to score isn’t within our system and a bad long term play on our part so we wisely avoided both of those iso dudes.

25 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I love how Soth went about it like he’s reading straight out of the “root for multiple teams” handbook :laugh1: :laugh1: I’m dead  🤣 

He wrote that tome under his pseudonym, 'FairWeather Fred' ...

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47r2cquxf9ivonfm0ai

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 3