• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who's your buyout guy?

sturt

• Premium Member

Have to say... DeAndre Bembry's cut his turnovers in half (3.5 per 100 poss to 1.5), and has found some consistent stroke from 3. And we all know he's a demon on defense on the wing.

I'm a new convert to the idea.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Bledsoe

Reported that the Clips said they're keeping him.

I've mentioned Dragic--would be intriguing to see an older version of Trae on the floor so that there's always that kind of scoring asset on the floor from that position, and then too, how Wright could then be dispatched to more of a wing neutralizer role, getting minutes assigned to stop an opposing wing scorer.

But then again, that scares me to be tinkering with continuity--I think our roster's familiarity with each other is a big intangible advantage as long as we maintain it for the most part.

I think Harris has to be a serious pursuit if he becomes available.

But then again, Bembry has so blossomed in Brooklyn, it's even a little surprising they cut him loose... and speaking of continuity, he's played with a lot of guys on this roster already, so this all brings me back to the conclusion above.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Just realized that Bembry's contract is a minimum as-is... so he's almost certainly going to be a waiver claim... no point in letting him pass to the open market if you want him.

And... this is where our bad record actually could work for us... we're ahead of a lot of other teams in the waiver wire claim order.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/12/nba-waiver-order-now-based-on-2021-22-records.html

• Like 2

• Moderators

No one wants DJ Augustine?    Money from 3 and the FT line.  Dude gets to the line way more than any of our guards other than Trae.  And he's only like 34 years old.   Plus it'd keep him from destroying us in the playoffs when he's on Charlotte.  

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

No one wants DJ Augustine?    Money from 3 and the FT line.  Dude gets to the line way more than any of our guards other than Trae.  And he's only like 34 years old.   Plus it'd keep him from destroying us in the playoffs when he's on Charlotte.  

I hear ya. But. Not me.

If I'm going to displace Delon, it has to be for a higher impact player, whether offensively or defensively, than Augustine.

Offensively, then, I can't feel good about anyone but Dragic.

Then, here's a name that no one's talking about, but is anticipated to get cut... Michael Carter-Williams... that's the level of defensive reputation I'd have to see before I could get behind the idea.

But, but, but... I hasten to add... 2021-22 version of MCW isn't someone I'm interested to acquire. If we could get the 2020-21 version, I'd be in.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, sturt said:

Just realized that Bembry's contract is a minimum as-is... so he's almost certainly going to be a waiver claim... no point in letting him pass to the open market if you want him.

And... this is where our bad record actually could work for us... we're ahead of a lot of other teams in the waiver wire claim order.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/12/nba-waiver-order-now-based-on-2021-22-records.html

Unless the Knicks were to want to add another wing, the Los Angeles teams would seem to be what stands in Schlenk's way of getting DeAndre on a waiver claim.

No shortage of Nets fans mourning the loss of Mr. Bembry.

https://twitter.com/search?q=deandre bembry&src=typed_query

• Like 1

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, sturt said:

the Los Angeles teams would seem to be what stands in Schlenk's way of getting DeAndre on a waiver claim.

Hmmm. Don't want to get my hopes up, but fwiw, those LA teams appear to be pretty stocked at SG/SF.

Annnd.

You have to suspect there might be some chance that they may think they're smarter to wait and see if Harris gets cut... or perhaps LAC in particular might be more focused on adding a PG like Dragic (?).

Suppose we should know something tonight or tomorrow (will have been 48 hours from 10 pm Thu night when BRK officially cut him).

Imagining what it would have been like to be able to call upon Bembry last night to shut down Murray.

The Nets are truly clueless.  I was always a Bembry fan, not surprised Nets fans are lamenting his loss.  

This fool (119 to 110) had a better net rating than Kevin Durant (120 to 112).  A fantastic fit alongside KD because he was an exact opposite; part of the reason for both their ratings: doesn’t need the ball, super athletic, loves dirty work. I’ll take Bembry and Augustine in a f&@kin heartbeat.  Pierre would cut to the basket for Trae (and obviously get found) much better than anyone on the roster.

Augustine has been slightly the better two-way player over Lou in their careers (and a year younger).  There are inherent offensive challenges with a Wright/ Bembry lineup no question but the intensity of that full court press could alleviate a lot of it whew.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Moderators
18 hours ago, sturt said:

Unless the Knicks were to want to add another wing, the Los Angeles teams would seem to be what stands in Schlenk's way of getting DeAndre on a waiver claim.

Wouldn't we have priority over both LA teams if we all made waiver claims?

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, AHF said:

Wouldn't we have priority over both LA teams if we all made waiver claims?

Fairly confident that the order is determined by the standings at the moment that the player is waived... ie, in this case, before we lost last night... and so, LAC was still % pts below us.

2022-02-12_12-09-20.png