• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Hawks Are Going To Shock The World This Year

sillent

• Premium Member

My thought on this matter is that the way we play and are constructed and are coached... we are a nightmare in a playoff series... if healthy...

If we started the playoffs without JC.. I think it depends on how we replace him.. but we are a team that will not give up wins on our homecourt.  So therefore, if we get one win on the road, that other team is in trouble.  There are some teams that are not playoff built and they hold positions above us.  Those are the teams that I would love for us to see in the playoffs.  Hello Cleveland.  Hello Miami.   If those are teams on our road... we just might get back to the ECF.  We just have to avoid Milwaukee.

1 hour ago, sillent said:

It's laughable or maybe not to see our team play down to such a low level but it makes for a great story line. 

Trae is the head of the snake orchestrating what we see as a team good and bad but barring injuries we/he are going to show the league other levels that we can go to.

It's laughable to me because I knew he (Trae) was going to start finishing games once LP got fired because of his dislike. Of course instead of seeing the head of the snake everybody praised Nate. Coach Nate does deserve credit for his defensive implementations and more but we live and die by Trae.

Hence this year same coach, more winning philosophies but Trae hasn't finished the game well much this year so far and Nate is looking more like LP currently.

We will see a completely different team (if we're healthy) and make history. It's a new day in the A!!

Didn't you predict three + champions?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

My thought on this matter is that the way we play and are constructed and are coached... we are a nightmare in a playoff series... if healthy...

If we started the playoffs without JC.. I think it depends on how we replace him.. but we are a team that will not give up wins on our homecourt.  So therefore, if we get one win on the road, that other team is in trouble.  There are some teams that are not playoff built and they hold positions above us.  Those are the teams that I would love for us to see in the playoffs.  Hello Cleveland.  Hello Miami.   If those are teams on our road... we just might get back to the ECF.  We just have to avoid Milwaukee.

Curious on why you think Cleveland and Miami are not built for the playoffs?  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

Curious on why you think Cleveland and Miami are not built for the playoffs?  

Miami's game is really win with the three.   Teams are going to crowd their three point shooters and force them to beat them another way.   Jimmy Butler is great but I don't think that he can carry a team.   They are 29th in Pace and 17th in Offense... I dont think they can offensively match a team that comes down and scores.  IF they get Milwaukee, Brooklyn, Philly or Us.. it's trouble.

Cleveland IMO are the great pretender.  They are good.  Garland and Mobley are very good young players.  They are 27th in Pace and 19th in Offense.  The same question that I had for Miami.. What do they do when the threes ain't falling. Playoffs teams will focus on Love and Garland and force the team to beat them. 

Teams that scare me are Milwaukee...   No real way to attack them.. you just have to hope that shots are not going in..  Brooklyn away...   KD is the best player in the game.  If Kyrie plays.. that's another level.   They don't really run a conventional offense either.   To some extent Philly.   Harden creates problems... but the question mark on him is can he raise his game. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Diesel said:

I dont think they can offensively match a team that comes down and scores.  IF they get Milwaukee, Brooklyn, Philly or Us.. it's trouble.

I'm with you on Miami not being able to get to the finals, but disagree that we would beat them in a series for two reasons.   One, we are so inconsistent this year and don't have any good answers at PF.  Two, the league will let them foul the crap out of us with no calls which we can't mentally handle.   

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I'm with you on Miami not being able to get to the finals, but disagree that we would beat them in a series for two reasons.   One, we are so inconsistent this year and don't have any good answers at PF.  Two, the league will let them foul the crap out of us with no calls which we can't mentally handle.   

Mac.. I think you and other will come to realize that we are a playoff team.  We are not a one off team.  Nate makes great corrections over a series.  Not so much over a game .  Secondly, Trae turns all the way up for a playoff game.   Review our game 1s vs. NY, Philly, and Milwaukee.   IF we continue a streak of taking game 1... absent more injury.. we will run through these other teams in a series.

The thing is now.. we got to get there... and I don't know if we will. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Mac.. I think you and other will come to realize that we are a playoff team.  We are not a one off team.  Nate makes great corrections over a series.  Not so much over a game .  Secondly, Trae turns all the way up for a playoff game.   Review our game 1s vs. NY, Philly, and Milwaukee.   IF we continue a streak of taking game 1... absent more injury.. we will run through these other teams in a series.

The thing is now.. we got to get there... and I don't know if we will. 

The difference this year is no JC and Huerter playing like crap.   Those are big differences.  I will say that Delon will be helpful for us and i have faith that Bogi is rounding into form.  Just not sure the Gallo, Hunter PF rotation will cut it. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

The difference this year is no JC and Huerter playing like crap.   Those are big differences.  I will say that Delon will be helpful for us and i have faith that Bogi is rounding into form.  Just not sure the Gallo, Hunter PF rotation will cut it. 

I hate the thought of Hunter at PF... all day.  I would love to see what JJ has... I would rather see Dieng than Hutner at the PF.   This is a Nate problem.   Right now, we have absolutely no idea if JJ can provide what we need at PF but we do know that Hunter cannot. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 3/20/2022 at 1:52 PM, Diesel said:

Miami's game is really win with the three.   Teams are going to crowd their three point shooters and force them to beat them another way.   Jimmy Butler is great but I don't think that he can carry a team.   They are 29th in Pace and 17th in Offense... I dont think they can offensively match a team that comes down and scores.  IF they get Milwaukee, Brooklyn, Philly or Us.. it's trouble.

Cleveland IMO are the great pretender.  They are good.  Garland and Mobley are very good young players.  They are 27th in Pace and 19th in Offense.  The same question that I had for Miami.. What do they do when the threes ain't falling. Playoffs teams will focus on Love and Garland and force the team to beat them. 

Teams that scare me are Milwaukee...   No real way to attack them.. you just have to hope that shots are not going in..  Brooklyn away...   KD is the best player in the game.  If Kyrie plays.. that's another level.   They don't really run a conventional offense either.   To some extent Philly.   Harden creates problems... but the question mark on him is can he raise his game. 

So you are saying there is a chance. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
On 3/20/2022 at 6:21 AM, sillent said:

It's laughable or maybe not to see our team play down to such a low level but it makes for a great story line. 

Trae is the head of the snake orchestrating what we see as a team good and bad but barring injuries we/he are going to show the league other levels that we can go to.

It's laughable to me because I knew he (Trae) was going to start finishing games once LP got fired because of his dislike. Of course instead of seeing the head of the snake everybody praised Nate. Coach Nate does deserve credit for his defensive implementations and more but we live and die by Trae.

Hence this year same coach, more winning philosophies but Trae hasn't finished the game well much this year so far and Nate is looking more like LP currently.

We will see a completely different team (if we're healthy) and make history. It's a new day in the A!!

Liked for the optimism despite a very disappointing season. It's good that someone is still optimistic after that soul crushing loss to the Pelicans. It's like they absolutely refuse to have a winning season. Hopefully, these guys are a lot more locked in and consistent during the play in tournament. They're so much better than we've seen this season, but you never know which version of the team will show up. Either you get the Hawks that can beat any of the top teams in the East or West, or you get the Hawks that can lose to the worst teams in the league and not seem to care about it until the 4th quarter. They've been infuriating to watch this season.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Well we already know what it will take.  We have to beat Charlotte, likely on the road.  We have a decent chance to that.   Then we'll have to beat Toronto on the road most likely.   There is a chance at that I guess.   We probably will do better against them than the Nets. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, swanlee said:

No, we are lucky the wizards are so bad other wise we'd miss the playoffs. I expect us to be one and done this year.

They're bad for a reason. 

It's like saying if we weren't so unlucky we'd be the 5th seed.

On 3/20/2022 at 3:21 AM, sillent said:

Ya I agree. If you have Trae you have a chance at doing anything.

Lets be the first play in champion!!!!

GO HAWKS!!!

• Thanks 1