All NBA Team.....

REHawksFan

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He's not #TrueToAtlanta....it's just his job to cover the team, he has no attachments, which is unfortunate.

And he doesn't have to be a homer, imho, but he seems to be going out of his way to not be.  And, in doing so, is alienating the wrong people.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

@sturt, I noticed the absolutely icy responses to his questions last night too..

He deserves it.  Seems to be trying too hard to not be a homer, i guess?

He isn't, that's why he deserves the wrath of fans when he does stupid stuff. And he loves telling Hawks fans 'I'm not a homer'. Kick Rocks dude.

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And he doesn't have to be a homer, imho, but he seems to be going out of his way to not be.  And, in doing so, is alienating the wrong people.

Exactly! And he's so smug with it.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Disagee... you have to have some homerism...  How many people that you share with are not friends or loyal to you?  If you told a guy your motivation and next week he was talking about you were not so good of a person.. then.. the next time he wanted to talk about your motivation, what are you going to say??

Kirshner has made himself an "Associate" of the Hawks.   Somebody who has a job to do but really doesn't believe.  He will never get to be close to the Hawks like that.   So when it's time to get a scoop... nobody will take to Kirschner... Kirschner will have to get his scoops from Brad Rowland left overs... and that is how it should be. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Allow me to elaborate.  He can do a great job without being a blind homer.  I think he should have a pro-Hawk slant, which i think is what you're suggesting.  It would make his job easier.  That's for sure.

Yeah.

In my many years of following the Hawks.  I became a Ailene Voisin fan.   She is a serious sports reporter who was a Hawks beat writer.  She was not a fan become journalist like 2LiveStus or Bomani Jones... she was a journalist whose first Job was being the Hawks Beat Writer. (I don't know if it was her first Job).   Anyway, she covered the Hawks.. gave very good digs... Became the new and improved Denberg... and was a down right Homer.   She was biasly Hawks even when we had no reason to be. Kruger years.  Then she was shipped to SacTown... I recognized that she was biasly the Kings.. and appreciated it. 

Point is... if you are that close to the Hawks.. as you say.. .you ought to have a Hawks slant.  It's an unwritten part of the Job.  Not just because it makes the job easier... but because if you're with the team through 82 games and you get to know these guys beyond the court... How can you ever beat against them?

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

To mention him in circles with Denberg and Sekou is disrespectful.   Those guys would have certainly voted for Trae.. 1st or 2nd team this year.

This guy is the reincarnation of Terrance Moore. 

When are we going to get a Beat Writer who is not a fanboy of other teams more than our team?

You mean to tell me that this idiot Kirschner watched Us labor through the Covidgate, deal with injuries back and fourth... and decides that he will give Ja Morant the nod (even though Morant does NOTHING better than Trae except rebound) because Memphis won more games?  Memphis didn't need Morant to win...  They proved that over 25 games. 

How can he be credited for winning and rewarded for team wins when his team didn't even need him to win?

Then Kirschner turned around and voted Kevin Durant 2nd team All NBA?

Didn't Brooklyn finish with the same record as us.  Why did he not penalize KD the same way he penalized Trae?  I mean, Jimmy Butler did not make his list but KD and Lebron did?  So when it comes to KD and Lebron.. the stats matter... When it comes to Trae... the Wins matter?

And he calls himself a beat writer for Atlanta???

I don't mind it.  Chris put Trae on 2nd Team All NBA last year and Trae may have maybe received one other vote.

As you can see, the opinions nationally of Trae are changing.  Soon it won't be cool to keep him off their lists. Trae just has to keep doing what he's doing.  All the talk shows are gushing over him this morning.  

That second half was special. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

John Schuhmann

Unfortunately, a lot of guys — Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant, Ja Morant, Chris Paul — got dinged for games missed. Of course, that probably made sorting through this a little easier. I probably had Young higher than most, but I put him on the All-NBA 2nd team because he carried the league’s second-ranked offense, ranking fourth in usage rate and in the top five in both scoring and assists. The toughest omissions were probably Rudy Gobert, Donovan Mitchell and Jrue Holiday, but there just wasn’t any reason to remove any of the guards or centers listed below (and I’m not pretending that either Embiid or Jokic is a forward).

• Like 2

On 4/15/2022 at 8:04 PM, RandomFan said:

I've defended Kirschner in the past, no longer. It takes a special kind of idiot to watch Trae all season and come to the conclusion that Ja is a better player: just unreal amounts of facepalming. Especially based on his criteria of "won more games" when we've all talked about how the on/off win % of each team drastically favors Trae. 

Kirschner, you're dead to me -- clown. 

I wonder if Chris is still salty and being petty from this tweet last year, lol...

Why are you worried about Kirschner? It's not his job to be a Trae loyalist, that's your job as a fan. If we had got blown out by the Charlotte would this be an issue? We have had a tough year actually. Let's see how this first series plays out , let that be your focus. 

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Why are you worried about Kirschner? It's not his job to be a Trae loyalist, that's your job as a fan. If we had got blown out by the Charlotte would this be an issue? We have had a tough year actually. Let's see how this first series plays out , let that be your focus. 

Why are you worried about Kirschner?  -- Because I can. If you don't like it, don't read it and move along. 

It's not his job to be a Trae loyalist, that's your job as a fan -- It's his job to not be a moron when covering our team. 

If we had got blown out by the Charlotte would this be an issue? -- What exactly would that change about his garbage opinion? Nothing, that's what. 

We have had a tough year actually. Let's see how this first series plays out , let that be your focus.  -- Don't need advice where to keep my focus, thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
On 4/16/2022 at 10:59 PM, Diesel said:

John Schuhmann

Unfortunately, a lot of guys — Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant, Ja Morant, Chris Paul — got dinged for games missed. Of course, that probably made sorting through this a little easier. I probably had Young higher than most, but I put him on the All-NBA 2nd team because he carried the league’s second-ranked offense, ranking fourth in usage rate and in the top five in both scoring and assists. The toughest omissions were probably Rudy Gobert, Donovan Mitchell and Jrue Holiday, but there just wasn’t any reason to remove any of the guards or centers listed below (and I’m not pretending that either Embiid or Jokic is a forward).

• Haha 4