• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I was looking hard to see who has had this back surgery (In the league). 

First Tiger has had a few of them. 

Amare Stoudemire had one.  - Didn't kill his career, his microfracture surgery did that. 

Mike Dunleavy Jr.  had one - returned in 2 months.

Basically, they said with good PT, a player can come back 75% - 100%...   I like those numbers better than Oladipo's quad rupture. 

The package we would have to send them would have to be something that they could use. 

They won't take JC IMHO.   We won't move CC to them without a Capable C ?

Would they take Kev/Gallo?  It's interesting. 

I know MPJ and Scottie Pippen both had multiple.  Scottie was lucky that his were later in his career.

Dunleavy was not out 2 months.  he was out 6 months.  And then he only played one more season.  Not a good example of a success story.

You sure Stoudemire had back surgery?  Couldn't find anything saying he had the surgery.

Tiger is in the same boat as me, he's screwed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Ben is done. No desire to play, now back surgery. He never truly loved the game you could tell. 

I wanted Ben here bad even knowing the mental issues but I’d definitely pass now with this back surgery coming up.

Its too risky to bring in Ben via a trade even if Trae still wants him here. It would be different if he showed the determination and will in the past but at this point even if he is all about basketball now it would be hard for him to sell it.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, JTB said:

I wanted Ben here bad even knowing the mental issues but I’d definitely pass now with this back surgery coming up.

Its too risky to bring in Ben via a trade even if Trae still wants him here. It would be different if he showed the determination and will in the past but at this point even if he is all about basketball now it would be hard for him to sell it.

All depends on the price for me still.  If they are giving him away on the cheap to get rid of some of the luxury tax you can take that gamble. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, JTB said:

Kardashian curse is real folks. :sarcastic:

Would you rather sail 🛥 with Tyga 🐯 or get yelled at by KD? Or have to hear it from Doc? Or Embiid’s sweaty a$$? 

Money is the same. I’m telling you all the love was never there. I know I shouldn’t question a player’s love of the game but comon! Let’s call a spade ♠️ a spade ♠️ here.

Edited by Spud2nique

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

All depends on the price for me still.  If they are giving him away on the cheap to get rid of some of the luxury tax you can take that gamble. 

At this rate, they're gonna have to pay someone to take him off their hands.

Shiiii, the way the suxers are lookin', I bet they want him .... back.

*crickets*  *crickets* 

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47ws368d3sy76ey7hzw3x

*crickets* 

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Kardashian curse is real folks. :sarcastic:

..... I wouldn't mind being cursed for a while.  Jussayin.....

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

At this rate, they're gonna have to pay someone to take him off their hands.

*crickets*  *crickets* 

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47ws368d3sy76ey7hzw3x

*crickets* 

..... I wouldn't mind being cursed for a while.  Jussayin.....

I only ever thought Kim was hot. Early on Kim, not now. Their personalities and entitlement though.. uggghhh.. I just.. I literally get angry when it’s on TV when my special lady is watching it… I MEAN MY LADY FRIEND! :eyebrow:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

*crickets*  *crickets* 

Ben loses his wenis is a Wayne Bobbitt ordeal..

Realgmers: HE HAS MORE VALUE NOW WE WANT HIM! WE WILL PONY UP!!! 

:indifferent:

BTW sorry I went there and made 99% of us cringe a bit. :fie: HONEY NOT THE BIG KNIFE 🔪… GET A SPORK! 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I only ever thought Kim was hot. Early on Kim, not now. Their personalities and entitlement though.. uggghhh.. I just.. I literally get angry when it’s on TV when my special lady is watching it… I MEAN MY LADY FRIEND! :eyebrow:

Heeeeeyyyyyyy .......... didn't say I wanna talk to 'em.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e479fl9pq72j6y5a91tli

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Tony has always maintained that he will willingly pay the tax for the RIGHT team.

Yet we always get stuck talking about staying below the tax in trade discussions?!?!?!

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yet we always get stuck talking about staying below the tax in trade discussions?!?!?!

It's not always JUST about the tax line, it's how we are able to fill in the rest of the roster adequately. It limits your SnT and how much you can take back, hard capping yourself and the repeater tax.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So I saw where Stephen A Smith has proposed that the LAL trade LeBron as a way of resetting for the future.  He says they are going no where WITH him and have no ability to get better so they should trade him and get as much as possible.  I can't say I disagree with the logic here as they aren't getting rid of Westbrook (no one wants him) and AD is injured so his return isn't great.  

So here's a wild and crazy idea.  How does this deal look?  

Hawks would have a "core" of:

Trae / Coop

Delon / Huerter

LBJ / JJ

OO / ???

Gobert / ??

Lakers would restart with JC, Bogi, and Bogi plus A TON of picks.  They have to suffer through Westbrook's final 2 years but then could reset with a lot of picks and young players.

Utah wouldn't take a huge step back with Clint, AD, and Hunter replacing Gobert and Bojan.  

Would never happen because it's too big of a deal and teams would be scared, but kinda cool to think about, imo.  Hawks could sell LeBron on the idea of winning a title with a 4th different team.  

Trade Idea 2.jpg

• Sad 2