• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

10 hours ago, Threezus said:

I honestly still don't think thats enough to get KD from them.  

I would think it would take something like  Collins, Hunter, Huerter or Bogi and a few 1st's to get the job done.  

KD replaces and upgrades Hunter big time    Huerter and bogi both im meh on leaving not a big fan of theirs honestly as SG is the main spot i want to upgrade anyways.    Collins would be the one that hurts me the most leaving but is also the one that has to go to make the deal even work to begin with. 

Could also see a Collins, Bogi, Onyeka and a few 1sts as well  as both of those deals work value wise on cap space. 

The 2nd one would probably look something like this with the team

Trae
Huerter
KD
Hunter
Capela

Trae Huerter will NEVER work defensively for the gazillionth time.. And Hunter isnt a PF..

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I know we've gone round and round on this but suppose we get Gobert.   How to you solve our offensive issues?  Bottom 5 in the league in 4th quarter offense, Miami just shut us down in the playoffs.    Just getting better on D isn't going to solve that.   And please don't say 'more transition baskets'.  LOL.

Meanwhile Boston has Won  damn near every qtr vs Heat so far... 

• Like 2

How bout this trade. It won’t happen because it’s one of those that involves too many pieces but a 3 starter for 2 starter trade with the Raps.

Raptors get: JC/Cap/Huerter

Hawks get: Siakam/OG

Trae/Delon or FA

Bogi/FA

OG 

Siakam

Okongwu

Interestingly enough it has them a +5 in wins and us a -4.

Thoughts?

800AF866-DF77-4A29-9420-6B1A3292E495.jpeg

Just now, NBASupes said:

Over everyone. Superstar or not. They take away each others biggest weakness. That means a lot to me. That's what MJ and Pippen did for each other 

They do to an extent.  

It still doesn't help when teams switch on the Hawks like Miami and Boston can.  Gobert doesn't help us there because the Hawks offense will be stagnant.  We need a two way center. IMO

25 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

How bout this trade. It won’t happen because it’s one of those that involves too many pieces but a 3 starter for 2 starter trade with the Raps.

Trae/Delon or FA

Bogi/FA

OG 

Siakam

Okongwu

Thoughts?

Who is your center?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

hace 26 minutos, Spud2nique dijo:

Trae/Delon or FA

Bogi/FA

OG 

Siakam

Okongwu

Thoughts?

I would like to know which is the impact in wins of this trade removing Capela and Onunoby from the trade

Edited by gurpilo
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Over everyone. Superstar or not. They take away each others biggest weakness. That means a lot to me. That's what MJ and Pippen did for each other 

I love your commitment, supey.  Once you jump in, you jumps all the way in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Better system and better coaching. Players...particularly Trae go into this iso mode in the 4th. They just need to continue to move the ball and execute. Just that simple. Plus defense does create easy offense. There I said it!

So if we get Gobert then we also need a new coach?  I guess let me be more clear.   We get Gobert.  How are we going to improve our offense NEXT SEASON?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

So if we get Gobert then we also need a new coach?  I guess let me be more clear.   We get Gobert.  How are we going to improve our offense NEXT SEASON?

Don't need Gobert! Coaches can improve and different assistance can make a difference also just ask Dan Quinn. Y'all are so into replacement vs improvement. Why is that? Player constantly refine their games. Most great champions took a while to figure out how to win.

• Moderators
Just now, Peoriabird said:

Don't need Gobert! Coaches can improve and different assistance can make a difference also just ask Dan Quinn. Y'all are so into replacement vs improvement. Why is that? Player constantly refine their games. Most great champions took a while to figure out how to win.

What are you talking about?  

My question to @JeffS17 was if we get Gobert, which improves our defense, how are we going to address our offensive problems?    So far I haven't seen anyone answer this in a specific way.    So you're banking on our current players and coaches just being better next year?   I don't think that's a solution. 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Trae Huerter will NEVER work defensively for the gazillionth time.. And Hunter isnt a PF..

Oh trust me i have no interest in Huerter at SG either next to trae lol.   Bogi and huerter are the 2 guys i most want to upgrade from this offseason.  Hunter i feel could handle PF with KD next to him if need be.  Although i also agree it's not best case scenario either.  We still play Hunter at PF some already so i know he could do it if push come to shove.   Either way i think their would still need to be other moves made and i highly doubt we would ever have a chance at Durant anyways lol.

18 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

My question to @JeffS17 was if we get Gobert, which improves our defense, how are we going to address our offensive problems?    So far I haven't seen anyone answer this in a specific way.    So you're banking on our current players and coaches just being better next year?   I don't think that's a solution. 

To me Rudy does improve our defense around the rim and in the paint but it actually makes us worse on the perimeter which is already our worst part of the defense on the team as it sits. While also making the offense worse as well.

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Trae/Delon or FA

Bogi/FA

OG 

Siakam

Okongwu

Thoughts?

Numbers aside (stats, salaries, win shares, etc..), Toronto way overvalues those two guys you mentioned. 

They would never let Siakam go for anything less than a star, and they see OG the same way we saw Dre or Cam’s potential. They truly believe he will be an All-Star.

We would, in their eyes, have to give up a ton just to get Siakam. Adding OG to mix and they would want picks and more.

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

No one has stated that you add nor subtract anyone. Gallo is gone. Jalen Johnson is up now. Coaches have to go back to the lab to redesign the offense to fit him and other new comers

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Threezus said:

Oh trust me i have no interest in Huerter at SG either next to trae lol.   Bogi and huerter are the 2 guys i most want to upgrade from this offseason.  Hunter i feel could handle PF with KD next to him if need be.  Although i also agree it's not best case scenario either.  We still play Hunter at PF some already so i know he could do it if push come to shove.   Either way i think their would still need to be other moves made and i highly doubt we would ever have a chance at Durant anyways lol.

Why are we talking about Durant?