• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'm talking specifics on what Horford as a player would do in that situation.  What adjustments would he or could he make in his game to help lead Boston to victory?

And I'm not talking about in the entire series.  I'm talking about in that particular game scenario.

Tie game . . . 11 minutes left . . . no Tatum or Brown.

How does Horford play those last 11 minutes to help lead his team to victory?

Bro, you can't win without Horford and William's. You can't win without Brown and Tatum. You can't win without Tatum and Horford. Your point doesn't make sense is what I am saying

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bro, you can't win without Horford and William's. You can't win without Brown and Tatum. You can't win without Tatum and Horford. Your point doesn't make sense is what I am saying

So you're telling me that in that particular scenario, there's no way Horford could impact winning enough to find a way to win that game?

Why?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
56 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This is actually encouraging especially with that euro guard makin' noise about wanting to come over ... but not for OKC.  Thunder has a lotta pieces that would help us.

#ReRailAttempt

2022-05-27_07-59-44.png2022-05-27_07-59-44.png2022-05-27_07-59-44.png

I'm fascinated that SGA might be truly available, and that it's not just the idle wishes of a few fans. I just wonder, though, how one would (a) construct a package that is more appealing to Presti than what other teams would offer, and (b) granted that we have the assets to top the vast majority of competitors, there's still the problem of sending out so much that you don't actually end up with a net gain.

But Micic may represent a great other option.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, warcore said:

'm not getting my hopes up for SGA. Seems too dreamy. 

Same. Dipped a toe in but I think it would take something like, Gallo+ Hunter/Huerter and 3 future firsts (2023,25,27 top 3 protected).

Thats a lot. I mean I’m guessing with Hunter and Huerter they get them on small contracts as well. 

• Like 1

There is a high chance we strike out on any sort of high level guard/forward which would be ashame.

It’s gonna take a big negotiation effort on Travis part to get that peice because it won’t come easy whether convincing LaVine to leave money, choosing between Mitchell or Gobert but not both, or convincing Presti to give SGA away while still not affecting the ability to sign Ayton.

We need certain things to make the next level and it would be an A level effort to get to the next level.

that’s why I expect nothing major to happen because it takes an obnoxious gm like Morey to harass and berate other GMs into submission and I’m not sure Travis has that in him.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You need both. And that's how it's always been.

Brown and Tatum are all stars but not superstars like Lebron Micheal and Magic.  The strength of the team is its depth...same with the Miami Heat. They don't have any players making over $30 mil per year. Just a lot of players producing equal to or more than their price tag relative to the players of equal price.

• Premium Member

Micic conceivably replaces BogBog's production, and is a genuine combo guard, not just in theory... he's been the lead PG when on the floor in Europe. And he's almost certainly no better than BogBog on defense, however he's got enough of a combination of craftiness/IQ and quickness to have been a leader in steals.

If you acquire Micic, I'm content with keeping the two Serbian brothers, but also could be tempted to deal BogBog if the right suitor came to the table. A conversation with TOR--which had expressed some interest in him in February per reports-- regarding a OG Anunoby deal would be pretty compelling.

If you replace on our Real Hawks roster

Gallo and BogBog

with

Micic, Isaiah Roby and Lu Dort, plus OG...

That's a damn fine roster, once you bring back Delon.... decidedly better defensively, and capable of exceeding .621.

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, SerbianHawk said:

Micić  just got seriously injured☹️

Thanks.

The video for whatever reason wasn't viewable, but I found this... sounds like it isn't a long-term concern, at least not yet...

https://basketnews.com/news-173080-vasilije-micic-injured-efes-star-leaves-the-court-in-tears.html

2022-06-04_16-06-23.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 3