• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, GameTime said:

HIGHLIGHT FACTORY IS BACK

When I think of the Highlight factory I think of embarrassing second round playoff finishes lol.

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Bogi should be next to go. With Murray he is expendable.

I am not fully sold on the duo, we are really the smallest backcourt on the league, Murray is really skinny. When you have some weaknesses on your lineup and this duo has obvious ones you have to chose very carefully the bench players you select, need to be players that can fill your weaknesses. I think we still need someone like Delon Wright and someone like Bruce Brown, defensive presence with size for PG and SG. I don’t know how we can sign them but would be ideal fits. We need to clear cap space for them.

Is key to see how the next moves go. They need to think twice how to build he team

Brah.

Best Star Trek Facepalm GIFs | Gfycat

Edited by Hawkmoor

29 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Right now: 

We got Guards: Murray, Coop, and Trae

Wings: Kev, Bogi, Griffin, Martin

Bigs: Okongwu, JJ, JC, Capela

Give our starters 30 minutes each (keep 'em fresh) and our second unit 18 minutes each (make 'em hungry for more minutes).
Trae, Murray, Hunter, Clint, Collins (30 minutes each)
Delon, Bogi, Huerter, OO, and JJ (18 minutes each)

2 minutes ago, Dejay said:

The Spurs got their wish with the picks but you know what they say; scared $$$ don't make none.

And besides, what has been one of the chief criticisms of this franchise since this forum was created over 20 years ago? That it's mostly been run by folks who were so satisfied with just being good that they never dared to be great. Well, we can't say that they didn't at least try this go around.

The thought that they might not be done yet should be a frightening thought to opposing teams in the East. Could it be Gobert? Ayton? I have no clue but neither do they...

Thats what I've been saying over and over and they finally stepped up and made a championship move.  The good part is they are not finished yet.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

Hopefully the next deal won’t take a week and a half to get done.

I hope we keep JC now, lose Bogi, and bring back Wright.

At center, I don’t care if it’s Capela or Ayton. SG was the biggest weakness on the team. Not anymore.

We are above average at every position right now. No need to screw it up unless it is a no brainer type move.

• Like 4

The most ideal team is Indiana for JC. They have a lot of cap space, they have an elite fit with Turner. They can give us a lot of cap space and give us a 1st to recoup that we are losing in this deal. This would ultimately mean Ayton is extremely possible for us. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Do y'all think we still bring back Delon, or do we let DeJounte take over those non-Trae minutes?

I really like Delon but I'd say after today, it's not as necessary we retain him. Even if we still keep Huerter and Bogi (which I don't think we will), we can have a substitution pattern of one of Trae/Murray being the first to sub out, for Bogi/Huerter early on. Then later, whichever of Bogi/Huerter did not come in, can come in with Trae/Murry off the bench. Simply put, we can have one of Trae/Murray running the point at all times while still giving minutes to Bogi and Huerter, who would primarily be getting backup SF minutes. 

As far as the Gobert crowd.... if I didn't care for him before this trade, it's much worse now. His age and crippling contract are why we don't want something like him. He would decline by the time those picks are owed and we'd be stuck with him and not much else due to his contract. 

On to Ayton.

Or is it, Eyeton?

3 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Hopefully the next deal won’t take a week and a half to get done.

I have a question for my cap masters out there, Does the Stepien rule applied to us if we trade 2024 pick since that pick was protected by Hornets?

30 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

The Hawks have never ran out a team as talented as the team they have right now, today.

Plus The Hawks have two years of Murray on a below market deal. Good time to maximize that opportunity by consolidating for another max guy(Ayton/Gobert) if they choose to go down that route.

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The most ideal team is Indiana for JC. They have a lot of cap space, they have an elite fit with Turner. They can give us a lot of cap space and give us a 1st to recoup that we are losing in this deal. This would ultimately mean Ayton is extremely possible for us. 

If Schlenk manages to pull this off AND keep Auton and Turner he the fin GOAT

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Murray will get all of the backup PG minutes. Bogi and Huerter will have at least 48 min to split between each other at SG and SF

Yep, Nate already says he sees them as 2/3. 

Just now, EazyRoc said:

If Schlenk manages to pull this off AND keep Auton and Turner he the fin GOAT

We wouldn't get Turner. We would get a lot of cap space, a 1st to recoup. We can now do the Capela/Ayton trade with no chaser. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1