• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Okongwu & the Summer that Changed Everything

ShooterSays

Shout out to OO’s availability this season, only missed 2 games.  I think there was something mental and physically amiss with him early on (that to his credit he’ll never disclose) but he’s near where he should be.  Still not quite but almost.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

Shout out to OO’s availability this season, only missed 2 games.  I think there was something mental and physically amiss with him early on (that to his credit he’ll never disclose) but he’s near where he should be.  Still not quite but almost.

Yes my boi got off to a tough start but he fights like a man 👨 inside. Fighter!!!

309A9708-4016-42D7-B4CF-F2482ED46759.jpeg

• Premium Member

Onyeka Okongwu: "I can be one of the best shot-blockers in this league"

In an exclusive interview on The Fast Break Podcast, Atlanta Hawks center Onyeka Okongwu discussed his rise to becoming one of the best shot blockers in the entire NBA and why he believes people are sleeping on the Hawks heading into the postseason.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/24/2023 at 4:05 AM, benhillboy said:

Hawks got the best BU in the league easy.  Unfortunately he just doesn’t fit in with a poor defensive team with no edge to them.  

Many teams don't even got a good center. Atlanta has two. 

• Like 2

OO on pace to play the 5th most minutes on the roster.  He’s gonna finish with the most Win Shares though.  

Kid is a 90’s Energy Big Throwback.  His fellow millenials and z’s simply ain’t equipped to handle him.  Damn the blocks, check the defensive footwork on the perimeter that’s seemingly improving every game.  And is he staying at Kyle’s house or something he draining FTs like a 2 guard.

• Like 2

Like every one of us, 0017 cannot change his size.  He must work with what he has.  He can't become any taller.  His feet will always be the size they are now.  His arms and legs will always be this size.

What can change?  Lots of things.  He has improved his free throw %.  He has got his timing down on those blocked shots.  His rebounding has improved.  He can now take, and make, the three point shot!

He has the reputation of being one of the good guys in the locker room.  This is wonderful.  We need no Smart Alick players on the Hawks.  Proud of this young man and glad that he's one of ours!

:peanut-butter-jelly-time:

• Like 2