• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Okongwu & the Summer that Changed Everything

ShooterSays

I'll keep saying it, if he plays solid D and gives us a good 12/8 that's fine.

The problem comes when folks whisper Adebayo in their projections of him. 

Kurt Thomas, Taj Gibson, etc. can contribute to winning but that smells funny when you consider a top6 pick.  At this point, what's the point of mentioning where he was drafted.  Just go contribute to wins in whatever way he can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I'll keep saying it, if he plays solid D and gives us a good 12/8 that's fine.

Exactly but with OO, he’s not a stat dude he’s a wins and losses guy. I’d rather have his style that an inflated no good Carmelo Anthony with 30 points a night.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SalvorMallow said:

It looks super nice! I actually really like the new city edition jerseys.

Would also go great with these:

CJfiEAvTnzLIlgpWPiQ9sG-3xyBBFRUkRaikfhRD

Can’t see the pic you sent but ya Inlike the peach 🍑 ones a lot. MLK is up there too.

I kinda went hard on OO but I expect him to provide constant positive energy for the team.  He’s picked it up clearly.  He got 4 chores: attack the glass, set solid (legal) screens, beat the hell outta opposing shots, and take ultra high percentage shots.  He’s been doing just that the last few.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He just gotta master this role. JC and him flexing at the 5 giving him more leeway and he's fouling less. JC been pretty big for us of late. Hate to see him go but it is what it is 

I don’t know why but his movement and anticipation just had been a step off on both ends.  OO need that assistant coach that’ll stay in his ear about how to best attack his matchup nightly with his quickness against bigger guys or physicality advantage versus the weaker ones but it ain’t too many Hams out there.  That man done improved damn near every Big he’s had by focusing on their unique strengths.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I don’t know why but his movement and anticipation just had been a step off on both ends.  OO need that assistant coach that’ll stay in his ear about how to best attack his matchup nightly with his quickness against bigger guys or physicality advantage versus the weaker ones but it ain’t too many Hams out there.  That man done improved damn near every Big he’s had by focusing on their unique strengths.

He reminds me of a young Horace Grant. Still learning the game. He ain't like Horford who was elite feel for the game wise as soon as he entered the league. 

Ham got AD looking like a superstar again

Edited by NBASupes

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What kind of salary for OO this offeason if signed to an early extension? He's due $8.1 million next season.

He's gonna be wanted for his defensive versatility, post defense, ability to defend the best players in the NBA better than everyone else and energy play on offense. He actually deserves what JC got. He helps championship basketball.