• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Okongwu & the Summer that Changed Everything

ShooterSays

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Last season, Okongwu averaged 20.7 mpg with 8.2ppg (on 4.7 attempts), 5.9rpg, 1.3bpg, 1.1apg. 

What do you expect to see this season across the board in these categories?

25/12/8/1/1.   I love OO but the backcourt going to be looking to grab all the points

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

OO is going to be ready for starter minutes. I think we see 28-30 mpg from him being the primary backup center and PF averaging 15-9 with 2+ bpg.

You see him being the primary back at both C and PF? 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You see him being the primary back at both C and PF? 

I see him getting the Gallo minutes + a few extra and JJ filling OOs minutes minus a few. Ideally. I guess not sure he would be the primary backup at both positions, he'll get more Center minutes. But I do expect him to split his time on the floor between those two positions. I think he'll begin to thrive at PF and ultimately I think that's where his future is in this league. 

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

OO is going to be ready for starter minutes. I think we see 28-30 mpg from him being the primary backup center and PF averaging 15-9 with 2+ bpg.

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

I see him getting the Gallo minutes + a few extra and JJ filling OOs minutes minus a few. Ideally. I guess not sure he would be the primary backup at both positions, he'll get more Center minutes. But I do expect him to split his time on the floor between those two positions. I think he'll begin to thrive at PF and ultimately I think that's where his future is in this league. 

Clint averaged 27 mpg last year as the starting C.

Gallo averaged 25 mpg last year.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Last season OO played 2% of his minutes at PF.  I think he'll see most of his minutes at C with spot minutes at PF.  

I think (or hope) JJ will get an opportunity early in the season for Gallo's minutes at backup PF to see what he can do. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Last season OO played 2% of his minutes at PF.  I think he'll see most of his minutes at C with spot minutes at PF.  

We reap waaaayyyy more benefits with him at center. My hope is he pushes Cap so much we may be able to use Cap later on in a trade. 

If you play him mainly at PF, I don’t see as many adv for him because it’s not like he’s gonna back down the opposing PF even though he’s bigger, not yet anyways his post moves are under construction 🚧.

Center please.

• Thanks 1

Nate has a certain number of players that he uses.  Whatever that number is and whoever they are, that's it.  When the game begins, this is who plays.  Any other players that are there on the bench do not exist.

🥺

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Great to see him working on this, it's really his first healthy offseason, and the dude is still only 21 years old.  He has a ton of time to develop.  That being said his form doesn't look completely natural, but the fact that he shoots well from FT line gives me confidence he can develop a midrange J.  Hopefully a 3 down the road.

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, thecampster said:

I thought the same thing.

Even a slow release would be a big step forward because it would mean he can't be completely left alone outside of the paint.  Baby steps are all steps in the right direction.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

Even a slow release would be a big step forward because it would mean he can't be completely left alone outside of the paint.  Baby steps are all steps in the right direction.

It seems like people forget Al Horford release in Atlanta and how slow it was till his release now in Boston. It takes time as he adjust and uses it more often into his game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 8/11/2022 at 6:07 AM, shakes said:

release looks slow

Defenders will learn to respect it once it starts going down though and he will have time to release it because if they don’t give him room, OO will pump and probably has one of the quickest dribble drives for a center.. straight to the hoop.

I’m not concerned.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Defenders will learn to respect it once it starts going down though and he will have time to release it because if they don’t give him room, OO will pump and probably has one of the quickest dribble drives for a center.. straight to the hoop.

I’m not concerned.

Sorry man, you're not allowed to be excited for our guy until he proves out as a 40% 3P shooter on 5 attempts a game

• Like 1
  • Haha 3