• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Okongwu & the Summer that Changed Everything

ShooterSays

• Premium Member
On 8/13/2022 at 10:07 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

We really need our Player Development on track.

Ranking Every NBA Team's 3 Best Future Prospects

To qualify for this list, players must check the following boxes:

• Are 23 years of age or younger.
  • Have been in the NBA for three years or less.
  • Are on a standard, guaranteed contract for the 2022-23 season.

This means that even young stars like Luka Doncic, Trae Young, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Deandre Ayton and Desmond Bane are either too old or have too many years of experience to be considered a "prospect" anymore.

Atlanta Hawks

1. Onyeka Okongwu, C, 21
  2. AJ Griffin, F, 18
  3. Jalen Johnson, F, 20

It's only a matter of time before Okongwu passes Clint Capela as the best center on this roster. He's got incredible switchability on defense and is already a good rim protector and shot finisher around the basket. He needs to develop somewhat of an outside shot to claim the starting job, however.

Griffin slipped to 16th overall in this year's draft, giving the Hawks incredible value with a player who could end up being the best three-point shooter in his class (44.7 percent at Duke) if his durability isn't an issue.

Johnson is a big, athletic forward who didn't see the floor much as a rookie but could receive more minutes this season with Danilo Gallinari traded in the Dejounte Murray deal. He's an excellent lob threat who needs to improve his three-point shooting.

On 8/13/2022 at 10:44 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

I want to see OO match Clint on mpg by mid season and be the guy to end critical games.

5 games left.

CC - 26.6 mpg

OO - 23.2 mpg

• Like 1

OO got three games to take over the Win Share lead from Clint (7.0 to 7.1). I think he will.

I’ve never been a proponent/ defender of any of the starters but this still would be a huge accomplishment.  

No other bench player leads his team in Win Shares.  Nick Richards is a distant second to Plumlee.

Jalen Duren leads the Pistons but he has 28 starts (OO 17).  Trey Murphy also leads the Pelicans but has basically converted to a starter with 62.  Tyus Jones, the best BU PG going, trails OO by 1.6.  

The man bounced back like a f&@kin G after I was wondering what the hell was wrong with him early.  You can’t make me believe that Bench Mob don’t tear ass verus first team in practice.

2 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

OO got three games to take over the Win Share lead from Clint (7.0 to 7.1). I think he will.

I’ve never been a proponent/ defender of any of the starters but this still would be a huge accomplishment.  

No other bench player leads his team in Win Shares.  Nick Richards is a distant second to Plumlee.

Jalen Duren leads the Pistons but he has 28 starts (OO 17).  Trey Murphy also leads the Pelicans but has basically converted to a starter with 62.  Tyus Jones, the best BU PG going, trails OO by 1.6.  

The man bounced back like a f&@kin G after I was wondering what the hell was wrong with him early.  You can’t make me believe that Bench Mob don’t tear ass verus first team in practice.

The gap isn't far since our bench is elite after the Bey trade. 

11 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The gap isn't far since our bench is elite after the Bey trade. 

The starters are average across the board, always have been all things considered.  They metric out well together due to the familiarity sans DJ and they’ve accepted their roles around Trae for the most part sans some John beef.  But the Bench Mob was the foundation of the Conference Finals run and what has kept the team afloat this season amidst awful shooting seasons from Trae and JC and Clint’s slow recovery.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

The starters are average across the board, always have been all things considered.  They metric out well together due to the familiarity sans DJ and they’ve accepted their roles around Trae for the most part sans some John beef.  But the Bench Mob was the foundation of the Conference Finals run and what has kept the team afloat this season amidst awful shooting seasons from Trae and JC and Clint’s slow recovery.

For the first half of the season it definitely wasn’t the bench keeping this team afloat.  That +\- flipped around the season’s midpoint and the Bey trade.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Thoughts on the progress of OO's jumper - foul line extended?

He took 13 3s made 3 for 30% in the regular season and hit his only attempt in the playoffs.

It's gonna be a process.  When I hear of guys who work on things in the offseason, I never assume that they will go from a non shooter to a shooter that quickly.  Fans are just wired to believe hope and hype over actual results.  

• 2 months later...