• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wins for the 2022-23 season for the Hawks

Gray Mule

I have the same number of wins in my head as last year, in the 53-57 win range.  DJM brings us up a level, but there will be kinks to work out with chemistry and the end of the rotation.  We have a strong core, and if any number of guys can add to that in a significant way we are dangerous. 

I will give us 57 wins.  That's my optimistic number and I will go in to the year with optimism. 

**************************************************************************************************
Additional thoughts.  Long winded talk:   

Between AJ, JJ, Tyrese, and the Holidays we got a shot to have some juice at the end of the rotation.  Even on the main core 7 of our starters plus OO and Bogi there is a lot of room for growth.  Bogi can play at 6th man of the year level.  Hunter has a negative VORP and people think he can become the 3rd best player.  OO can anchor the front court of the second unit with starter level play.  But if Capela comes alive close to his 20-21 version, that's the biggest impact to overall win total.  

Again, similar to last year when the most excitement was Hunter and Cam joining the ECF core.  I thought our higher level success was built on Capela and Bogi's allstar level play.  This year DJM and Capela will be the key players to get us to 55 wins and above, adding to Trae and Collins.  Hunter and Okongwu are nice, but I personally put more stock in Capela and DJM.  

• Like 1

On 10/11/2022 at 1:27 AM, Spud2nique said:

What up brother long time no see. Hope you well! Enrique in the house 🏡.

@Jody23 our infamous “on to the next”

Your prediction sir! 

Spud! Yes, I am (and have been) very, very busy with work and family... I scroll over here when I am able, but not nearly the amount of time I used to. Still love the Hawks and challenge the Traeters whenever they raise their heads:) Really hoping we can take a step forward this year...

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member
On 10/8/2022 at 3:22 PM, Gray Mule said:

Not seeing a post for the upcoming season record, I present each of you Squawk posters the opportunity to put in your guess before the season gets too far advanced.  Let it be known that the winner gets the big grin and admiration of all Squawk posters.

My guess:  47-35

😉

@Gray Mule might win this.

• Thanks 1

LongTimeFan and I have the exact same numbers.  Hawks must have a really good remainder of the season to reach this many wins.  Expecting a major run to close the season, there is yet hope that we make it!

😃

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh boy :huh:

Let me get out my calculator… so it looks like we are going to have to go 26-0 with 25 games left. :er:

Oh boyyyy. 

I've still got them going 27 and -2 down the stretch.  Don't let me down guys!  (oof)

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...

Whew, baby. A lot of optimists on this board. 
Ending at 41-41, no one guessed under, and no one really got too close. 

@marco102 and @Peoriabird both mentioned Brad Rowland’s 46 win line, so I assume they were taking that over/under but never explicitly said so. Should we give it to them?

If not, default winner winner of the chicken Hawk dinner goes to @Gray Mule and @LongTimeFan with an explicitly stated 47 win prediction. I think @enrique and I were the next closest at 48 wins. 

Next season we should make it more of a contest to see who picks the closest without going over. Winner gets some sort of honorary title or something on the board. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, AHF said:

This is good evidence for just how big a let-down this season was for pretty much every Hawks fan.  

I’m just amazed at how despite EVERYTHING throughout the history of this franchise, hope still springs eternal for its fan base. Everyone took the over! Honestly, I’m a little disappointed in @Peoriabird and @Plainview1981 for not keeping it 💯 and bringing the average down. Y’all are slipping.