• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Two Preseason Games left - 10/12 and 10/14

JayBirdHawk

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I hope so...I thought they'd be limited tonight and play Friday for the final dress rehearsal.

Nah not after CC injury.. lol

5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Super impressed with JJ and AJ tonight. Really want AJ to be in the rotation in the regular season.  Shoud be a good group:

Trae/DJM/Dre/JC/CC

Bogi/AJ/JH/JJ/BigO

More Aaron. Less Justin.. lol

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Super impressed with JJ and AJ tonight. Really want AJ to be in the rotation in the regular season.  Shoud be a good group:

Trae/DJM/Dre/JC/CC

Bogi/AJ/JH/JJ/BigO

I think AH, Bogi, AJ, JJ, OO.

I think we missed Aaron speed to push the pace tonight.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think AH, Bogi, AJ, JJ, OO.

I think we missed Aaron speed to push the pace tonight.

I hear you, but I'm expecting to see Nate play JH a lot. I like AH too but I'm afraid Nate isn't going to play him and AJ. And I want to see AJ getting 10-12 min a night. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Mmmmmmm.....then why not limit their minutes in this game and give their legs more time to recover for Friday?

Because they need reps.  They have plenty of time to rest before the season starts.  

I'd rather they get these valuable reps in preseason than start the season slow again.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I love it that Schleilds is signing an 84 yr-old HoFer and 2nd only to Bill Russell in receiving NBA lifetime achievement award for that last roster slot. It's a nice gesture, after having been so loosy-goosy previously. However, while I'm sure he's still capable of triple-doubles on the senior tour, would be super surprised see him crack the rotation in the regular NBA. Maybe Godzilla can get those minutes instead.

• Premium Member

Anxious to hear that BogBog's making objective progress in getting back... NBA will not have seen anything like the ATL backcourt since the days of Hardaway/Richmond/Mullin, am I right?

Anxious, just because it's what I do, to see how Schleilds finalizes this roster in the next several hours/days. A lot of options theoretically on the table.

I'm fine w/ keeping Justin as long as there's a clear intention to give AJ every chance to supplant him in the rotation, and as long as we pick up one of KJ Martin or Charles Bassey... reasonable arguments for either of those guys to be the last addition to the roster.

It's not my favorite option, but Occam's Razor suggests it's the most likely.

Observations from Hawks @ Cavs:

Defence against their 3 ball didn't show up.

JJ and Aj looked ready for the season and getting regular minutes.

Trae didn't look like himself.  Jet lag?  Lets blame it on that.

Both centers looked ready.  

Aaron Holiday was busy, becoming a new papa.  Hawks really missed him.

Cavs played rough and tumble and won their 1st pre-season game.  They were at home.

🧑‍🔧Only 1 pre-season game remains.  Then, they count!

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Observations from Hawks @ Cavs:

Defence against their 3 ball didn't show up.

JJ and Aj looked ready for the season and getting regular minutes.

Trae didn't look like himself.  Jet lag?  Lets blame it on that.

Both centers looked ready.  

Aaron Holiday was busy, becoming a new papa.  Hawks really missed him.

Cavs played rough and tumble and won their 1st pre-season game.  They were at home.

🧑‍🔧Only 1 pre-season game remains.  Then, they count!

Both centers looked ready? I wasnt impressed with OO at all last night..

Game didnt count of course.. Just sayin..

Edited by terrell

15 hours ago, marco102 said:

Thoughts on the game.

Rough Rough shooting start from our back court.  Giannis is having a rough time too so I'm pretty sure the rough shooting was due to the long flight and the Cavs fouling every other play like Miami.   The Cavs did play tough defense. 

The rookies stood out to me.

AJ - On draft night I was ecstatic and telling you guys how much of a steal he was.  His lateral movement has improved so much and he stayed in front of D Mitch which was very surprising if you look at his college tape.  His defense was solid for a rookie and that's all we need with his offense.  His shooting and ball handling is really advanced for a 19 year old with as little experience as him. 

JJ - So happy to see JJ out there tonight.  His rebounding was fantastic!  His defense was improved from last season, but still plenty to work on. I believe we'll be very happy with him this season.  Not trading him for Jae Crowder. 

Hunter - Handle still looks much improved and he looks much improved.

JC - Was fantastic.  If he's our number 4, we'll have an advantage most nights.  JC's also been attacking the seems much better and getting his own shot. If he has that improvement, look out!

CC - Looked so spry and like his old self. I hope that jammed thumb isn't too serious because we need his rebounding. 

All and all can't take too much from preseason, but I love what I'm seeing from the rookies. 

All of this.....